MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FIL1 Convulsion Generator - NEW MODULE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Future Sound Systems Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author FIL1 Convulsion Generator - NEW MODULE
futuresoundsystems
Evenin' all,

This one's been in the pipeline for some time, but I have only just "officially" announced it online. The Convulsion Generator is a CV resonator and will output decaying sinusoidal control voltages when fed impulses. This is much like "pinging" a resonant filter, but the circuitry has been tuned for CV to low-audible frequencies.

The module will be available very soon, hopefully within the next week or so.

Check the FIL1 page out!

Cheers!
Finlay Shakespeare
ignatius
interesting. curious to see/hear a demo of it in action.
Kent
Yeah! This looks cool. applause
futuresoundsystems
Audio and video will be coming soon (hopefully tomorrow hihi )
DGTom
This looks really cool! I use my Bugbrand SVFs for generating CVs sometimes but it can be a little touchy - they are audio filters afterall.

Having a module that is optimized for creating damped CVs would be awesome, its such a nice modulation source for vibrato or amplitude.

What kind of input does it expect? Will it work with regular gates or 50/50 duty cycle of a square LFO for example?
futuresoundsystems
DGTom wrote:
What kind of input does it expect? Will it work with regular gates or 50/50 duty cycle of a square LFO for example?

It will oscillate around any transient at the input. So, for example, if a +5V to -5V square-wave LFO is input, the output will oscillate around +5V, then around -5V.
futuresoundsystems
Video demo now on YouTube:

exper
This is very cool but I don't think many people have noticed since its not on the main euro forum. Will this be available at Analogue Haven?
futuresoundsystems
AH currently aren't stocking it, Shawn hasn't contacted me about getting any in yet but who knows what could happen smile Meanwhile, Rhythm Active currently have the FIL1 in stock, and so do FSS if you would like to order direct.
mamonu
looks interesting.... glad youre back in business... thumbs up
infradead
man this thing looks interesting...
J1m
Killer. Order placed with Rhythm Active. I appreciated the video. Now to set up camp by the mailbox...
futuresoundsystems
FIL1 is now back in stock through FSS direct w00t
J1m
Futuresoundsystems, i doff my cap to you sir. this module is something special. My rig is wobbling like a delighted pool of ectoplasmic bass-flavoured cv jelly juice. Only problem is, I seemed to have raised Cthulu from his thousand-years sleep. Is there a fix for that? Cthulhu
numan7
bitchin SlayerBadger!

was this inspired by the wiard wogglebug at all, btw (as in, man i love the wogglebug but wish it was easier to control)?!

This is fun! ahhh decaying sinusoids.... Lotsa Love

cheers
futuresoundsystems
Haha thanks guys smile

J1m I'm afraid there's no fix for the Cthulu bug, it's pretty errant in the system unfortunately seriously, i just don't get it hihi

Numan7, it didn't take inspiration from the Wogglebug, though I am a fan of what that thing can do. It was more so "what happens if we had a CV-based resonant filter".
Rotating_Tree
This is the most dubstep module in the world, brilliant!
dogoftears
dang, i LIKE the whole concept of this! never heard of it either. learn something new every day.

ill have my eye on it next time im shopping for a percussive function generator.
can we get a scope shot of the sine? it sounds exceedingly perfect in the youtube vid.
futuresoundsystems
Here's a shot of the FIL1 outputting a bass drum into Ableton Live, my camera couldn't focus properly on the 'scope :(

dogoftears
that looks pretty good! next question: when fed an impulse, does the sinewave generated always begin from a zero-crossing??
coyotedad23
I LOVE this little module. Just simply patch a clock source and BANG you have incredible swing shift thundering kicks. Things great even better when you patch it into a Borg filter. At times I worry about busting my monitor. SlayerBadger!
futuresoundsystems
dogoftears wrote:
that looks pretty good! next question: when fed an impulse, does the sinewave generated always begin from a zero-crossing??

It depends on the trigger signal sent to it. The FIL1 will oscillate around any square edge at the input. Therefore, if the trigger signal returns to zero, the sine wave will begin at 0V.

If there is a positive going edge (i.e. high to low) then the sine wave will begin at 0 degrees.

If there is a negative going edge (i.e. high to low) then the sine wave will begin at -180 degrees (inverted so the wave's level is decreasing initially).

I recorded this short demo with the Doepfer A-145 LFO feeding the FIL1's input which modulates the pitch of a sine wave. You can hear how the pitch changes as the square wave goes high, then low, according to the phase of the output sinusoid from the FIL1, as described above:
[s]http://soundcloud.com/futuresoundsystems/fss-convulsion-generator[/ s]
Also note how the FIL1 reacts to the triangle wave - the waveform is followed until the change of direction at its peaks, where the FIL1 outputs a sinusoid.
mOBiTh
i'm finding these modules extremely useful (bought two) - really good for giving bass drums and basslines a decent wobble hihi

really like the fss engraved black faceplates too
zap32
Excelent....I take one thumbs up !
futuresoundsystems
Cheers guys! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Future Sound Systems Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2