MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next [all]
Author Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
thevegasnerve
thetwlo wrote:
still love it, if it were rare and no longer made it would sell for $1500+
it's unique in sound and function. New analog gear that doesn't try and emulate the past is pretty cool. You can find it for US$411, bitch, please.

just read this again, sums it up. And I think I already responded but I am too lazy to check.
newgreyarea
thevegasnerve wrote:
thetwlo wrote:
still love it, if it were rare and no longer made it would sell for $1500+
it's unique in sound and function. New analog gear that doesn't try and emulate the past is pretty cool. You can find it for US$411, bitch, please.

just read this again, sums it up. And I think I already responded but I am too lazy to check.

Finding a working one in the future will be rare! I just don't trust the manufacturing on these at all. 2 failed units. Might give it a go again in a year or so once I'm convinced they are not put together with Play-doh. I had to get the email for the CEO of Arturia before I was able to get any help with either of mine. Not cool!
brent
Gah, trying to stay away from this given the grief that some of you have been through, but this is damn cool..

joesilence
another MiniBrute lover here.
i'm keeping it for life.
joesilence
FWIW, i've been using mine constantly for most of the year, dragging it around various places without a serious case and nothing has broken or started misbehaving.

maybe i got a good one?

cheap enough that replacing it wouldn't be painful.
kvnvk
good to know... mine still works fine even though I don't use it all that often.
peeninety
I love my minibrute...it was made to play with modulars![/quote]

Has the cv tracking issue been fixed? When I had mine and used it with my modular, it would output a cv one octave lower than my modular oscillators. I could only downtune one of them enough to be in unison with the minibrute's osc. Apologies if this has already been discussed, but this has become a long ass thread.
Stereotactixxx
I wouldn't consider this an "issue".
The standard only specifies 1V/octave, not any specific octaves.
Different VCOs have different ranges, and it seems your modular VCOs won't go as low as the Minibrute's.
peeninety
Stereotactixxx wrote:
I wouldn't consider this an "issue".
The standard only specifies 1V/octave, not any specific octaves.
Different VCOs have different ranges, and it seems your modular VCOs won't go as low as the Minibrute's.

i considered it an issue because i bought it specifically to use in conjunction with my modular. yeah, it wouldn't be an issue all of the time, but i think that a controller should output a cv which correctly corresponds to the actual note you are playing. i mean, i've never used any synth with cv outs that doesn't.
peeninety
ugh, double post
ym2612
I'm going to necro this thread just to say how much I've come to appreciate the design of this beast. I was impressed with its capabilities when I got it, but I was a little shaky on my understanding and appreciation of some of what it does. But as I've got into modular and learned more about synthesis, I appreciate more and more what the designers packed into it. The multimode filter and the west-coast wave options (wave mixing/shaping, something that sounds like wavefolding on the triangle) show a real desire to make something forward-thinking and versatile. The SH101 influence is clear, but it's also clear that the designers weren't content to clone it. When I was deciding on a first synth, I was looking at the Bass Station II and bass synths like the Mono Lancet as well as the Brutes. And looking at those other options again, while I'm sure they do what they do well, the Minibrute offers so many options that agree with what I want in a synth and such an intuitive, well-made interface that I'm really glad I went with it.

So, cheers to Yves Usson and company! Well done!
thundermouse
ditto! just got mine last night. SSSSIIIICCCCKKKK
8_)
restlessboy
Just want to idly opine that the new Minibrute SE with sequencer is 'the minibrute I've been waiting for'. I've wanted one for a while but it's never been top of my list. When the microbrute came out I decided the sequencer made it the one I wanted, but I'd have always envied the additional sound possibilities of the Mini. Now Arturia have answered my prayers! Full minibrute with a sequencer. Woo! Also the white looks cool.
drip.feed
restlessboy wrote:
Also the white looks cool.

Dude, it's silver, like brushed aluminium.
restlessboy
Damn. Guess I'd better buy a tin of paint too. Dead Banana
Vacancy Of Disco
i know people have been modding these into table top modules, has anyone made one into a modular
voice like the Pittsburgh one? it would probably fit into a 5U system right?
fisherking111
Love the Minibrute!

It's the synth I wish I could have saved up for in high school...

All the kids growing up with stuff like this, the microbrute, the Volcas, Bass Station II, Mopho, Evolver, not to mention great DSP stuff like the Micron...

I'm willing to bet the next decade of synthesizers in music is only going to get more and more awesome because what Arturia and other companies are doing!
ronaldroy
Picked up a Minibrute recently and love it. Great sound and range of sounds, hands on shaping possibilities, some nice touches all around BUT why for the love of god is there only a 2 octave keyboard? I mean it's great with the modular and all that but it also really wants to be played - a very nice keyboard action with aftertouch plus the octave keys - it's almost the analog Korg Prophecy I wished I always had. So frustrating - I just don't understand. I get the Microbrute's mini keys just to drive the thing but the Mini should have an extra octave at least.

d'oh!
joesilence
ronaldroy wrote:
Picked up a Minibrute recently and love it. Great sound and range of sounds, hands on shaping possibilities, some nice touches all around BUT why for the love of god is there only a 2 octave keyboard?
d'oh!

agreed!

i still love mine over a year later, but i REALLY wish the keyboard was 3 octaves long.
makers
I just got one used for a pretty good deal. The first night, I updated the firmware and learned how to calibrate it's pitch tracking.

Tonight, I just lost several hours jamming with it: a little tube warmth, a nice delay and Space verb- sounds fantastic. Hooked it up to an IPad for MIDI control - awesome, there goes another hour. Hooked it up to a modest 3U Euro of mostly Wiard stuff- more awesome, there goes another hour.

Thanks Yves!
mallarme
Minibrute+Eventide Space = Noiseeeeeeeeeee

[s]https://soundcloud.com/solaristica/brutes-in-space[/s]
Vacancy Of Disco
has anyone hacked their minibrute to add cv i/o like on the micro? is this even possible?
Shoggoth
Lots of test points on the PCB for extra i/o - fellow wiggler wrote great documentation on how to mod below:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92699
Vacancy Of Disco
thanks for the link!
gooneybird
who like the micro better than the mini? Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next [all]
Page 70 of 71