MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 [all]
Author Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
Bob Borries
Vacancy Of Disco wrote:
has anyone hacked their minibrute to add cv i/o like on the micro? is this even possible?
You gotta love Yves for putting all the schematics for the minibrute here! http://hackabrute.yusynth.net/index_en.php?&arg=1
thefutureeaters
I tend get lost in the minibrute in a good way. End up recording for a bit then move on to finding new sounds with it... on and on. So much fun, sometimes I want a second one (even if that makes no sense).

This week, had good results using the minibrute for gate triggering modular oscillators, overdriving a VCA, routing into pedals, then back into the minibrute audio input to make use of the filter/envelope sections. Hours of madness.
zvonx
Has anyone had problems with sticking envelopes (amp release) and oscillators popping on when they are turned all the way down in the mixer (sub)?

All of a sudden I'm having trouble with my minibrute. Never played out. Always just sat on a table.
zedius
I was an early adopter of the original minibrute, but I have just ordered the SE because I wanted the sequencer. I'll be selling my original to fund that purchase.

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried both, and if there's any reason someone would prefer the original over the SE? Any aspect that I might miss in the old brute?

I'll also be offloading my beatstep toward this purchase - I figure the sequencer on the minibrute se will be a more usable sequencer than the beatstep, mainly due to the bs' master clock requirement.
Vacancy Of Disco
zedius wrote:
I was an early adopter of the original minibrute, but I have just purchased the SE because I wanted the sequencer. I'll be selling my original to fund that purchase.

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried both, and if there's any reason someone would prefer the original over the SE? Any aspect that I might miss in the old brute?

I don't have either version but I've played with them quite a bit. I personally just prefer the arpeggiator over the type of sequencer on the minibrute se and microbrute. I like either x0x or analog style sequencing.
zedius
Hoping someone with an SE can help me with a question:

One negative aspect of the Minibrute SE that I've noticed is that the midi in doesn't appear to trigger the sequencer in sequencer mode. Is this an actual limitation, or is this working for anyone else?

Basically what I would like to do is transmit a slow sequence from an external sequencer and have it trigger the minibrute SE's internal sequencer at a faster rate, essentially transposing the sequence automatically.
YellowBlood
this beast is perfect for noise! I never really payed attention to this company in the past but shit, I might have to pick this up SlayerBadger!
Flohr
zedius That works on the microbrute, not sure about minibrute se. Have you checked the settings in the midi connection software?
zedius
Yes Flohr, it appears that the minibrute connection software does have a workaround in a sense. It's the difference between 'Note On' mode (the default) where a sequence plays when you hold a note vs 'hold' mode which plays the sequence no matter what.

The hold mode is awkward, but will work with an external sequencer. The NoteOn mode essentially negates the sequencer's input by immediately switching back to the note you are holding.

Oh well! Maybe a firmware update will allow the minibrute to ignore the keyboard input if it recognizes midi note input.
Caspar
hey zedius
check this out: http://hackabrute.yusynth.net/index_en.php?&arg=3
you can program the arp section on your minibrute into a sequencer.
try it it's easy i did the other way round and back again to the se.
zedius
Thanks Caspar! I already got an SE though, about a month before that arp-seq sysex code was released to the public. I guess in the long run it cost me about $100 to switch to the SE and in the end I didn't need to spend that to get the sequencer, but I prefer the look and like having the sequencer controls silkscreened on there so I don't regret my purchase.
Bogus
Some of the keys on my minibrute make a springy click when I press them. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Edit:
Nevermind, I took them off...
PWM95
just got my minubrute today. incredibly pleased. now to wait for al my euro modules to arrive T_T
bamusser
has anyone around here had major issues with tuning?
i've often recalibrated, but still gets very sharp 2-3 octaves out of center.
normal? hmmm.....
codemode
If my memory is correct I remember there's hi freq compensation and the value of the resistor used in the poor mans hi freq compensation is much too low value. It's like 68k or something but should be 220k+ for best result.

[edit]ok it's R89. It's 63.4k and I got much better performance with around 270k. If you care for details D16 and R89 feeds forwards some some of the cv to make up for the high freq tracking going flat with the Minibrutes minimal exponential converter design. The diode is used to limit the compensation for the first octave or two, and the resistor sets how much of the cv is fed forward. I found it was overcompensated and ended up increasing R89 to 270k. None of this is perfect and you'll never get perfect tracking but I got much better tracking after I looked into the design and changed it.
RichMakeGame
bamusser wrote:
has anyone around here had major issues with tuning?
i've often recalibrated, but still gets very sharp 2-3 octaves out of center.
normal? hmmm.....

this might be a dumb question but are you giving it plenty of time to warm up? Mine takes a good 10-15 minutes before the tuning is stable
thevegasnerve
Anyone else notice the Minibrute is no longer listed on Sweetwaters site?

Looks like its 4-year run may be over..
MindMachine
thevegasnerve wrote:
Anyone else notice the Minibrute is no longer listed on Sweetwaters site?

Looks like its 4-year run may be over..

Funny I just saw that about five minutes ago while deciding whether to score a Microbrute or not. I like elements of both synths but am pressed for room.

That's a pretty good run for an analog monosynth in this day and age, especially with all of the competition it kicked off.
cake100
They have released a red version to finish up it seems..
(And microbrutes)
I wonder if there would be any demand for the shell only?

computer controlled
I want the white knobs, switch caps and wheels on my gray one =o]
Huba-Swift
Saw the red brutes earlier. I like the look of the Minibrute, but the micro looks really toyish. Apparently the red Minibrute will be the last run, then no more minibrute waah. At least we have the Matrixbrute to replace it. I kinda hope we don't get any special edition Matrixbrutes though, don't really see the point.
Licudi
Arturia has reverted to the arpeggiator for the MiniBrute Red - anyone here know why? IIRC, there were a few problems with syncing the sequencer on the MiniBrute SE - ?
medbot
Licudi wrote:
Arturia has reverted to the arpeggiator for the MiniBrute Red - anyone here know why? IIRC, there were a few problems with syncing the sequencer on the MiniBrute SE - ?

I don't know about sync problems, but you can switch between the arp and sequencer using sysex with any version of the Minibrute. Rockin' Banana!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 [all]
Page 71 of 71