MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 69, 70, 71  Next [all]
Author Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
beyourdog
Yeah, I feel very supportive because there as CV in and out as well so i can use it as a controller for my synths, hoping the arpegiator out works and is interesting like the one on an SH101,

... there is midi, it is a new modern analog synth with a good price tag...and a keyboard, there are sliders and i love them, Yusynth (great man) provided his insight AND...

...it is not the 23rd reedition of a Moog low Pass filter...yeah

Voila, merci Artutia, enfin un truc qui change un peu des spaghettis....
Spanningtree
Morley wrote:
I can;t watch the video. Private?

Got the same thing, what gives?
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
computer controlled wrote:
Here is a better pic. Isn't as ugly as i had originally thought:

It's gorgeous, actually. I wonder if it comes in other colours? In any case, it's giving me all sorts of strange and wonderful ideas...
James Mandible
Wondering if it'll come in a keyless version too?
James Mandible
Fuck eek!

Only $500 and we're only at the pre-order stage.

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=Model&keyword=13767&mid=447& lbs=12
rekem1000
At that price they're going to sell a ton of these.
tonnu
THIS IS GONNA BE THE START OF SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL, please help them sell a shitload of these little fuckers, and the analog resurgence will begin!

when i saw the feature set i thought they were sneaking around muff's: wavefolder, waveform animator, feedback, cv out's, etc. but it all makes sense now given who designs them

at first i thought 1 VCO was a bit of a deal killer for me, but with cv outs i can patch another osc from my euro easily.

seriously, regardless of the sound, Arturia REALLY, REALLY did well this time. props to them.
timcoster
Wow this is pretty awesome, If this had existed 18 months ago I wouldn't have "wasted" $$ buying an Arturia 25 keyboard to use with my Dark Energy. Maybe they saw I'd never used the software (apart from pointlessly installing the software and then never using it), and got the idea.

Only the price of 5x Monotrons when they first came out too! Times change so fast.
CalvaryBand
timcoster wrote:
Wow this is pretty awesome, If this had existed 18 months ago I wouldn't have "wasted" $$ buying an Arturia 25 keyboard to use with my Dark Energy. Maybe they saw I'd never used the software (apart from pointlessly installing the software and then never using it), and got the idea.

Only the price of 5x Monotrons when they first came out too! Times change so fast.

How is the arturia controller in terms of build quality? I preordered this unit and am kind of wondering about how sturdy it is (500 dollars is kind of insane).
Johnisfaster
Is a maxibrute on the way?
Sir Ruff
CalvaryBand wrote:
How is the arturia controller in terms of build quality? I preordered this unit and am kind of wondering about how sturdy it is (500 dollars is kind of insane).

Presumably that doesn't matter if you alredy pre-ordered it? razz (though I agree, $500 pretty much makes it a no brainer). Aluminum casing is a good sign.
timcoster
CalvaryBand wrote:

It's actually pretty good - it's very heavy, and all the buttons and keys feel fine.

And the silly sticky-out joystick fake pitch-wheel hasn't even fallen off! Cool that they ditched the fake wood and went more batmobile for this new one too.
noobyscooby
It looks fantastic. And I like the tweaks they've offered compared to the recent norm. Why not use the Synthacon filter? It's cool that like on the Octave Cat SRM you can mix all the waveforms together. Love the potential of the arpeggiator which has a fewmore added features than your typical one. Tap tempo and swing? Fuck yeah. I just hope it transmits over MIDI and CV/Gate and isn't just for the internal synth.

You could have quite the powerhouse with one of these, a Minitaur, a new SEM and a Dark Energy. All brand new synths. It's quite crazy.

The market is so interesting now, I'm just wondering what's encouraging the shift by these larger companies?

Has the profit in the soft synth market been crushed by people selling iPad apps for next to nothing? Are there just too many people making soft synths now? Have some people at these larger companies been seeing what basic 1-osc vintage monosynths go for and figure we can make new products and still clean up if people are willing to still pay $500-$600 for one?

Or has the world using CV/Gate control gotten large enough that these companies are finally listening? Knobby monosynths being all the rage in 2011, maybe after 30 years analog has won? Or maybe the ADD/OCD generation of today has no interest in menu diving anymore and just wants knobs, knobs, knobs and instant gratification.

There's never been a better time to be into analog synths. New ones are coming out and the old ones are still available. Barring a handful of the most overpriced vintages, they're all quite accessible.

I figured I was done with buying any new analog monos but might be able to make room for this one. After I see the reviews and initial reaction...

It will be interesting to see what Arturia does if this is popular. Lord knows they have boatloads of money from their softsynth success.
SepticUnderground
$499 is a fucking steal

even as midi 2 cv interface/keyboard with onboard arp it is almost worth its money.

Those sliders looks very sturdy also

The companies saw the interest in the monotron/dark energy and pafff...

moog
arturia

and what more to come
mckenic
I blame Korg - I think other manufacturers might have been surprised at how popular the Trons/Tribes have been!

Now I just hope it translates to the equivalent € to $500... and not €500!
dogoftears
too cool! ill almost have to get one of these. i like the looks of it. can't wait to play with it at NAMM!
akai, you're one step behind... check out Arturia's new keyboard!
gwaidan
Whoah...Arturia making an Yves Usson analog synth with an endorsement from Nyle Steiner? Bacon is going to be expensive now that all the pigs have flown away.... hihi

Seriously, I wouldn't want to be trying to sell a MoPho keyboard right now.
James Mandible
CalvaryBand wrote:
I preordered this unit and am kind of wondering about how sturdy it is (500 dollars is kind of insane).

Going off pics alone, this thing looks quite well-built. I guess there COULD be a nasty surprise quality wise but somehow I don't think so, Arturia's a big enough company to know better (hopefully) and be able to pull off something like this. I think after Korg proved analog could be done cheaply companies started to re-look at what could be done these days.

Shame I still can't see that video, really wanna know what this thing sounds like! I assume it'll be back up in a day or so though.

Did they happen to give you any kind of shipping time estimate? I'm guessing it's not HORRIBLY far off if they're taking orders already, but you never know.
essex sound lab
gwaidan wrote:
Whoah...Arturia making an Yves Usson analog synth with an endorsement from Nyle Steiner?

Nicely put. This blew me away too. And they did it at a great price as a bonus. Talk about unexpected!
oootini
applause applause applause
theabsent
For the first time in more than 5 (or maybe 10) years I'm interested in a new synth which has a keyboard. I'll propably buy this.

It looks a bit deep. Any info on the size?

Where to pre-order in Europe?
joey
buying this shit day 1.
suboptimal
I started to get excited then I saw I can only put the CV out into my vintage gear. I don't have any vintage gear. waah

I can't believe this product is real. It's just too cool for that price. If I had any space at all for this thing I'd have to buy it at some point.
amnesia
be great for wood sides as an option :-)
eXode
It's actually quite funny. When I first saw that teaser I thought "Different?", they've done a VA VSTi instead of an Emulation VSTi" (I'm sure that's what a lot of people thought also) and now this has quickly become one of the most exciting if not the most exciting product of NAMM 2012 (for me).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 69, 70, 71  Next [all]
Page 3 of 71