MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
WARNING! Gear101 (now known as Gearaudio101) is back yet again, behind a proxy yet again, and is sending PMs and emails to users offering their WTB items. THIS GUY IS A CROOK, A WELL KNOWN SCAMMER. DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM!

Rozzbox Love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Rozzbox Love

wintchil

It's one of those synths that I don't use for quite some time, but then when I use it I'm blown away all over again. The sequencer can really get nuts and the sound is so rozzy hihi

I've messed around with Ctrlr to control it which seemed a little buggy, I could'nt find any way to save the patch to the computer, pretty sure that Ctrlr cannot do this.

Is there any hack to save patches to the computer? Eventually my memory key or whatever it is called will be full.

blz

I wish I hadn't sold mine

how I miss it so

RustyO

I wish I had one. Been looking for years.

wintchil

I was lucky to get one back in 08 I think? They were still in production. I've seen a couple on ebay, but it's rare.

zahush76

I liked the sound, from the demos i've heard on their website, but thought 2k for a synth like this is a bit too much.
If it was still available today, i would probably go for the upcoming Dominion 5 instead.
If the rozz would cost a little more than a Tetra, than it'd another matter.

SewerBadger

[s]http://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/rozzandmax[/s]

I've kept 3 polyphonic hardware synths:

Buchla 200e
Kawai K5000S
L.L. Electronics Rozzbox One V2

On some days, and this isn't hyperbole, I think that the Rozzbox One V2 stands with equal status with the 200e. I was lucky enough to snag the last one in stock @ Schneider's.

The photo is from when I brought the Rozzbox to the Brussels Synth Meet a week ago. Alas, I didn't have the time to show it to anyone but I did spend a few hours programming some new sequences into it.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to back up the memory contents via Sysex although I have 2 of the memory cartridges and I've not even started on the 2nd one yet.

I find the tube filter to be a bit of a two-trick pony. If used in the low frequencies and with very little resonance, it can do some interesting stuff when sequenced and/or following ENV1 and/or Keytracking. The other trick is akin to Metasonix annihilation. I often consider asking Eric Barbour to have a look at it and see if he can come up with a modification that would make it more flexible. However, my luck with German Customs, and the severe fucking ball-ache that they are, pretty much nixes that plan.

I really, really, really like the different transfer functions and distortion algorithms in the mixer section. It's such an easy way to spice things up.

Oh, and let's not forget the incredible modulation busses and the Trigger Matrix. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Now that I've had it for a while, I find the interface to be very simple.

Incomplete English Language Owner's Manual and Unobtanium RozzControl2 image enclosed for the sake of completeness. I sure do wish that the controller would have seen the light of day. I get around fairly well on the unit with its interface, but it certainly would be more immediate and more fun to play with the Modulation Busses, Trigger Matrix and Filter Routing via the Rozz Control.

I still email with Kilian once in a while. We just chatted last week, actually. Nice guy and still helping out with the Rozzy One.

prototec909

wintchil wrote:
It's one of those synths that I don't use for quite some time, but then when I use it I'm blown away all over again. The sequencer can really get nuts and the sound is so rozzy hihi

I've messed around with Ctrlr to control it which seemed a little buggy, I could'nt find any way to save the patch to the computer, pretty sure that Ctrlr cannot do this.

Is there any hack to save patches to the computer? Eventually my memory key or whatever it is called will be full.

What`s the Ctrlr you are talking about? I thought Kilian never finished the
Controller.

I always use my memory cartridges to store the patches, but I think to store the patches to the computer, you could perform a normal Memory-Dump over Midi.

Rozzer

I always wanted one, just because it's my namesake. Never got round to it though d'oh!

Are LL Electronics making anything nowadays?

wintchil

prototec909 wrote:
What`s the Ctrlr you are talking about? I thought Kilian never finished the
Controller.

I always use my memory cartridges to store the patches, but I think to store the patches to the computer, you could perform a normal Memory-Dump over Midi.

Ctrlr is a free software program that can control hardware synths. It's open to all users to design and post device panels for their synths. One of the users did one for the rozzbox.

http://ctrlr.org/

Also, it's not possible to dump the patches over midi.

wintchil

Rozzer wrote:

Sadly no. Killian went on to more prosperous endeavors. The oddulator was being shown around, but it never went into production.

I would pay a pretty penny for the rozz control though. I don't think any were ever made.

Rozzer

wintchil wrote:
Rozzer wrote:

Sadly no. Killian went on to more prosperous endeavors. The oddulator was being shown around, but it never went into production.

I would pay a pretty penny for the rozz control though. I don't think any were ever made.

Any info on the more prosperous endeavours? Is he still in the music industry? I found him a pleasant and personable chap when I spoke to him. It's a loss to the synth world if he's no longer in it.

blz

well I'm now yet again the proud owner of a new rozzbox soooooo let me say I drokking love this thing I love it more than my fictional child reginald brettington recordon

big thanks to benbrush MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

zahush76

blz wrote:
well I'm now yet again the proud owner of a new rozzbox

What do you mean by "new"? Is it new as in recently manufactured - or mint condition?

blz

whoops my mistake it's not new I sold mine a long time ago and got myself another one

I love this thing Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!

TrondC

Hi folks, just got my Rozzbox (V1) and the german manual just does not cut it for me (even tho I did some german classes around 10 years ago...).. I see a V2 manual is available here, and I just downloaded it, but I just can't seem to find an english version of the V1 Rozzbox anywhere... In fact, from skimming the german manual I can't even tell if it has a sequencer or not :p

Any help would be appreciated, and would really make my day!

Cheers from Norway

Hanz

TrondC wrote:
Hi folks, just got my Rozzbox (V1) and the german manual just does not cut it for me (even tho I did some german classes around 10 years ago...).. I see a V2 manual is available here, and I just downloaded it, but I just can't seem to find an english version of the V1 Rozzbox anywhere... In fact, from skimming the german manual I can't even tell if it has a sequencer or not :p

You know what? Years ago I was in quite close contact with Kilian - at one stage I received one of the earliest V1 Rozzboxes for demonstration purposes and I did the German - English translation at that time.
Apparently things didn't go so well for Kilian and we got out of touch - afterwards he continued to develop the Rozzbox V2 (which I never tried) but this was also not a very succesful endeavor, it seems.

I looked for a bit and found a zipfile of the scanned paper Rozzbox V1 manual, attached. Upon re-reading, yes, it's the one that I bent my head round translating...

So, I guess you could consider your day made. thumbs up
(unless you were really expecting a sequencer in there, as there isn't one in V1 - it was quite a basic synth in its first incarnation, really)

doombient.music

A while ago, a friend of mine was about to sell his Rozzbox. Don´t know what version but I´ll put you in touch with him to ask for details.

Don´t know whether it´s still available or not though.

Stephen

SewerBadger

One of our Wigglers is selling both a V1 and a V2 at the moment. Just look for the "For Sale" advert with "rozzbox" in the title.

sonicwarrior

Kent wrote:
However, my luck with German Customs, and the severe fucking ball-ache that they are, pretty much nixes that plan.

Aren't you in Austria now? Or is their Customs as bad?

TrondC

Hanz! Thank you so much, this helped a lot smile

Just had a few hours of messing around with the Rozzbox, and this thing is really...odd smile

Just from playing the synth from the knobs and switches I found a wide palette of sounds, but so far the "rozz" parameters are not making much impact on the sound, maybe I need to activate something in one of the menus or sub menus (or sub-sub menus!)?

Fun synth, and indeed a nice alternative between my other analogs (A4 and Dark Energy...)

SewerBadger

sonicwarrior wrote:
Kent wrote:
However, my luck with German Customs, and the severe fucking ball-ache that they are, pretty much nixes that plan.

Aren't you in Austria now? Or is their Customs as bad?

I am in Austria now. I wrote the prior post exactly a year ago today. I haven't tried shipping to/from AT as of yet.

I will pick up the Rozzy one this weekend and bring it back to Vienna with me. Fun times ahead!

wintchil

Does anyone now what the BBD Edit does in the miscellaneous menu?

I turn it on and the sound changes a tad, but can't figure out if it opens anything else up like delay settings for bucket brigade?

Also is there a midi panic option on the rozz?

RustyO

wintchil wrote:
Also is there a midi panic option on the rozz?

Menu - Midi - Reset

VC_Wiggular

So the oddulator had an Aliasing knob, a Glitch knob and a Low-Fi knob.

The rozzbox has an Aliasing switch, a Bit Res knob, and osc 1 hack / osc 2 hack switches.

In the oddulator demo, the maker says the aliasing is tunable, hence the knob I guess.
Q. Is this something you can do with the rozzbox as well?

Q. Oddulator's Glitch - Rozzbox doesn't have this, right?

Q. Oddulator's Low-Fi knob is the same as Rozzbox's Bit Res knob, right?

Q. Oscillator hacks on Rozzbox, what do these do?

Would love some clarifications there
Thanks
applause

blz

Hey guys I was wondering if any Rozzbox users had that crtrl based file that lets you program the Rozzbox easily anyone? I would love to get it.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3