MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

motu ultralite works well with euro modules?`
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author motu ultralite works well with euro modules?`
Johnisfaster
just paid for this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT &item=190307263341

not even sure if it's mk1 or Mk3 as the listing details are kinda lacking but I'm a little buzzed and theres a few bucks in teh bank so I jumped on it twisted

I couldn't find a 100% answer that it'll send proper voltages to my euro gear. what if it's the mk1, will it still send a good strong voltage?

thanks.
Umcorps
Someone of the electro-music forum mentioned in passing that they had measured their Ultralight outputs as +/- 4 volts. Didn't say which model they had though.
Johnisfaster
Umcorps wrote:
Someone of the electro-music forum mentioned in passing that they had measured their Ultralight outputs as +/- 4 volts. Didn't say which model they had though.

is that good?
Umcorps
It should give around 8 octaves of tracking at 1 volt/octave.

Does that qualify as good?
Johnisfaster
I don't know, can someone define good for me? razz

thanks for the info!
smitty
I'm assuming your talking about DC Voltages for CV, Midi. If correct, go to this Volta forum thread to brush up :

http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2904
Johnisfaster
I've been there, it doesn't mention the motu ultralite mk3 as far as I know nor the mk1
hpsounds
Check this thread :

http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4951

bar|none was using Volta with his MOTU Ultralie mk3 audio interface, and it works nicely.

To tell the truth, I've borrowed an MOTU Ultralite yesterday night from friends who own a big music store here in Lyon (France). I don't have Volta but I tested this interface against my current one which is a Metric Halo MIO 2882. Really, they are not in the same league sonicaly speaking. The MIO sound is much more clearer and define, and the stability of the MIO drivers are ROCK SOLID !!! But that quality has a price ...

Hédi K.
1nput0utput
Johnisfaster wrote:
just paid for this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT &item=190307263341

not even sure if it's mk1 or Mk3 as the listing details are kinda lacking but I'm a little buzzed and theres a few bucks in teh bank so I jumped on it twisted

I couldn't find a 100% answer that it'll send proper voltages to my euro gear. what if it's the mk1, will it still send a good strong voltage?

thanks.

For what it's worth, the picture shows an original UltraLite, not an UltraLite mk3. According to the Volta manual, the UltraLite is capable of outputting ±3.5VDC.

Perhaps this thread belongs in the Volta forum.
parasitk
hpsounds wrote:
To tell the truth, I've borrowed an MOTU Ultralite yesterday night from friends who own a big music store here in Lyon (France). I don't have Volta but I tested this interface against my current one which is a Metric Halo MIO 2882. Really, they are not in the same league sonicaly speaking. The MIO sound is much more clearer and define, and the stability of the MIO drivers are ROCK SOLID !!! But that quality has a price ...

Then it makes even more sense to use an ultralite as a CV interface! Why waste a quality audio interface on CV? razz
bar|none
Ultralite works great as both an audio and a CV interface.

I'm sure the metric halo sounds great but it better for almost 2 grand.

Ultralite is a sweet little unit. The no latency monitoring and routing is fantastic as well.

Congrats.

The one listed is an mk1 which is fine. It just doesn't have on board DSP for effects.

The volt range is good.
Johnisfaster
1nput0utput wrote:
Perhaps this thread belongs in the Volta forum.

I wasn't actually aware there was a forum for volta.

thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1