MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SnazzyFX Ardcore
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author SnazzyFX Ardcore
phase ghost
Anyone know how many HP this will be? Looks to be around 12.
fredguy
Awesome way to audition modules before buying.
loss1234
the module is 51mm wide

hope this helps!

and yes, the programs are stored on the module.

NO NEED FOR A PC once you select your program

it basically becomes that module until you decide to overwrite it

I have no plans to change the graphics, though this was a prototype panel, so the colors will be a bit brighter and easier to read on the final run (a brighter green)

thanks!

( now that I am back from NAMM I will begin posting info on youtube and on my site about this module)
koobraelc
beautiful pannel This is fun!
suboptimal
Looks rad. Sounds like it'll be rad.

It's rad.
phase ghost
hyper hyper hyper
loss1234
I am starting to post videos...I have made about 6 so far

each one showcases one or two of the programs

the first one doesnt use the DAC Out, its just a clock divider

this falls under the GATE/TRIG programs (of which there are quite a few)

gate extenders, clock dividers, Logic sketch, etc

but a DUAL clock divider is a handy thing so even though this isnt the most exciting out of all the programs, i still think it is very useful

later tonight I will post some more (CV recorder, CV controlled Envelope)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApqY79eoebU[/video]
SamUK
Looks really cool, any idea of timescale & price?

Also, is the hardware going to be under a similar open-source license to the Arduino stuff?
yghartsyrt
This is like the best of both worlds – modular and arduino applications.

can't wait screaming goo yo
yghartsyrt
SamUK wrote:
Looks really cool, any idea of timescale & price?

Also, is the hardware going to be under a similar open-source license to the Arduino stuff?

+1
mckenic
lessavyfav wrote:
This is one of those modules everyone who's used arduino plans to DIY... So glad someone just made it!

My thoughts exactly! hihi

Really glad to see this come out, really interesting module (this is the same one that the developer in the original thread said was coming to Euro right?).

If there were some way (via an expander or something) to squirt sketches to it from an SD card, Id instantly be all over it. Looking forward to the demo videos - I think this just might be for me! I really need a quantizer!

Would be hitting qu.one up after purchasing, but that is just a personal thing. Congrats on the release, been thinking of a module like this for AGES!

thumbs up
SamUK
mckenic wrote:
If there were some way (via an expander or something) to squirt sketches to it from an SD card, Id instantly be all over it. Looking forward to the demo videos - I think this just might be for me! I really need a quantizer!

An SD card would be awesome for wavetables too....

You wouldn't necessarily need an SD card for multiple programs, I doubt most of the sketches are very large so you could probably bundle them all into a bigger program. You're problem would be selecting them at runtime.
mckenic
Indeed, didnt think of wavetables!

This is WAY beyond me but what I was thinking was a button, an SD card and a dial (say 12 position or something). So you would have 12 sketches on the card and dial in the selected sketch. Push a a button to cut power to the main module and when it boots it goes into upload mode, push again to upload sketch number 6 or whatever.

Im very sure better minds than me have thought about it and I would have no hope of coding something like that - just a thought tho!
SamUK
I think if we're not careful we're going to start requesting Ableton Live in a module soon....

Maybe an 'Ardcore+' later on down the line with an SD card, LCD, buttons, etc, etc, might be a better way to go about things.
mckenic
Definitely not!!! Trying to get away from the bloody PC here! hihi

More of a thought experiment to see if I could imagine diy-ing something like this up - unfortunately not (at the moment)!

Sorry for the derail!
Matos
Just watched the videos. Very cool module. The sketch upload looks easy breezy, and the patches seem really useful. A patch storage expander would put this thing over the top in awesomeness. Really curious as to the price point. By the way, the graphics are awesome. For such an experimental format geared towards creativity, it's interesting how reserved many are aesthetically. Saving my nickels for a triple key generator. But I think I'll have one of these guys before long.
loss1234
three new videos up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf9fZpzcjAI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1M2G5ILizs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDb5lqYmLQ&feature=related

more tomorrow!
GeoffC
This looks really fun! I've done some basic Arduino stuff with my modular; this module looks like it will be a great way to get a nice-packaged Arduino platform going.

One question, will a schematic be available to purchasers? I know you have a lot of cool sketches for it but I would also be interested in doing my own,

And yep I'll ask too - any word on availability date and/or price?

Thanks!

GeoffC
phase ghost
GeoffC wrote:

One question, will a schematic be available to purchasers? I know you have a lot of cool sketches for it but I would also be interested in doing my own,

You should be able to use one of the sketches as a template for assigning the pots and jacks in your custom code. That's what I planned on doing.

On a related note, does anyone know of another IDE (OSX compatible) for coding and uploading sketches? I opened up some of my old sketches last night and was reminded of how much the Arduino IDE sucks. After using Xcode and Aptana all day, the Arduino IDE is like using notepad.

I could code in something else and paste into Arduino, but I'd rather not.
HueMonContact
I've had my "eye" on this module for while now, so good to see Snazzy FX bringing this kind of functionality to euro. Very exciting times for the format.
I can't wait to get my grubby paws on this. Great design by the way,
I love the Snazzy aesthetics. thumbs up
Junk Rhythm
phase ghost wrote:
On a related note, does anyone know of another IDE (OSX compatible) for coding and uploading sketches? I opened up some of my old sketches last night and was reminded of how much the Arduino IDE sucks. After using Xcode and Aptana all day, the Arduino IDE is like using notepad.

You can use Eclipse with Arduino.
GeoffC
phase ghost wrote:
GeoffC wrote:

You should be able to use one of the sketches as a template for assigning the pots and jacks in your custom code. That's what I planned on doing.

I agree; however I was wondering if he has input processing, protection against negative voltage, etc., on the inputs (or outputs for that matter).

And yeah the Arduino IDE is bit painful huh? smile

GeoffC
phase ghost
Well, the arduino can only generate a 0-5v signal on it's own, so the output shouldn't be an issue. As far as the input, I'm not sure if he has any protection in the design. A negative voltage, overvoltage, etc. will damage an arduino, so that's a good question.
loss1234
sure...once we get to that point (module release) i can post a schematic...there IS input protection.

I am hoping people will write their own sketches!

this should be coming out in late winter/early spring

also from Darwin Grosse....

"there are limitations with the Arduino (and its Harvard topology) that prevent a switchable patch expander. So it doesn't seem like that will be in our future."
science
Looking forward to this module... been hoping someone would come out with something like this for quite a while. Surprised it didn't happen sooner, actually.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 2 of 13