MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SnazzyFX Ardcore
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author SnazzyFX Ardcore
numan7
i should finally have my computer (where record and have arduino installed) back up and running again this week, and am greatly look forward to trying more sketches (thanks so much for the new ones btw, darwingrosse!)...

meh @matos -- those look grrrreat! have you tried printing them on mylar film (and then cutting spaces for the jacks and controls with a razor or something) to use as overlays for the module panels? that would rule! we're not worthy

cheers
mudlogger
darwingrosse - those new sketches look amazing. Thanks for posting.

Is it possible to modify the Stoichea code to run on Ardcore?

Would really like some polyrhthmic type stuff for Ardcore - dual gate generator.
amnesia
Where do we get these again?
bodo
mudlogger wrote:

Euclidean Sequencer Source Code

Yeah, someone port that one over to the Ardcore, that would be pretty sweet!
simulcast
amnesia wrote:

I've been getting all 20 Objects ardcore sketches from here - http://github.com/darwingrosse/ArdCore-Code/tree/master/20%20Objects
darwingrosse
mudlogger wrote:

Would really like some polyrhthmic type stuff for Ardcore - dual gate generator.

I'm not sure what the Stoichea code is, so you might have to clue me in...

hmmm.....

If you give me a sense of what you'd like out of a gate generator, I'm all ears. The SH-101 sequencer was the result of a user request, and I'm always into weird sequencing/gating ideas, so maybe that's a better starting point.
qu.one
@ darwingrosse: thank you so much for starting making these and working with dan to make the euro version. can't wait to try out the new sketches!
qu.one
darwingrosse wrote:
J....CP01_Compound01: A new kind of sketch; this is actually four sketches (VCADLoopEnvelope, Quantizer, RandomNote and SH101 Recorder) built into one. You choose which one is active using the A0 knob on startup. When the module is powered up, it checks the setting of A0, then will use that sketch until the next powerup...

WHOA!!!! Is there a way to do this with any 4 sketches?
darwingrosse
simulcast wrote:
amnesia wrote:

I've been getting all 20 Objects ardcore sketches from here - http://github.com/darwingrosse/ArdCore-Code/tree/master/20%20Objects

Yeah, that's the main - and "official" (if there is such a thing in this world...) - location for ArdCore source code. It's important to note that some of the sketches may require other freely downloadable libraries to do their dirt; if you have questions, either ask here or PM me.

Oh, and have fun!
darwingrosse
qu.one wrote:
darwingrosse wrote:
J....CP01_Compound01: A new kind of sketch; this is actually four sketches (VCADLoopEnvelope, Quantizer, RandomNote and SH101 Recorder) built into one. You choose which one is active using the A0 knob on startup. When the module is powered up, it checks the setting of A0, then will use that sketch until the next powerup...

Pretty much - you have to do a little coordinating, and some of the memory heavy sketches (like Snazzy's delay effects) might be a bit difficult. But it is possible.

I chose these four because a) they were good exercises for me, and b) these are the sketches I use for live performance.
lleb
Very cool. Definitely going to have to dissect your compound patch to understand how you can implement multiple sketches in one file.

Glad to see you added the ring mod that I inquired about as well 8_) hyper
qu.one
darwingrosse wrote:
qu.one wrote:
darwingrosse wrote:

Pretty much - you have to do a little coordinating, and some of the memory heavy sketches (like Snazzy's delay effects) might be a bit difficult. But it is possible.

I chose these four because a) they were good exercises for me, and b) these are the sketches I use for live performance.

awesome - i would swap the VCADLE for the Arpeggiator and I'm golden. I'll try and see if I can figure it out. never tried to tinker with the code before!
darwingrosse
lleb wrote:
Very cool. Definitely going to have to dissect your compound patch to understand how you can implement multiple sketches in one file.

Glad to see you added the ring mod that I inquired about as well 8_) hyper

Yeah; I didn't have a built-in oscillator, but with two external sources it can get pretty hyper.
darwingrosse
qu.one wrote:
darwingrosse wrote:
qu.one wrote:
darwingrosse wrote:

awesome - i would swap the VCADLE for the Arpeggiator and I'm golden. I'll try and see if I can figure it out. never tried to tinker with the code before!

Cool - if you have problems, let me know and I'll be glad to help out. Perhaps this could even become the "official" Compound02 sketch or something!
mudlogger
darwingrosse wrote:
mudlogger wrote:

hmmm.....

If you give me a sense of what you'd like out of a gate generator, I'm all ears. The SH-101 sequencer was the result of a user request, and I'm always into weird sequencing/gating ideas, so maybe that's a better starting point.

Hi Darwin - i would really like a euclidian sequencer - the Stoicheia is a 16 step euclidean sequencer - 2 trigger outs. I know there was a max patch euclidean sequencer made also..

www.rebeltech.org/modules/stoicheia
darwingrosse
mudlogger wrote:
darwingrosse wrote:
mudlogger wrote:

hmmm.....

Hi Darwin - i would really like a euclidian sequencer - the Stoicheia is a 16 step euclidean sequencer - 2 trigger outs. I know there was a max patch euclidean sequencer made also..

www.rebeltech.org/modules/stoicheia

OK - I'm on it. I got Toussaint's paper right here, and will start to decode it. I'm gonna get the theory before I start digging through people's code, and I want to be sensitive to people who would prefer me to not copy their work.

But I can already (just from diagram) see why this is interesting.
qu.one
Got it going and it wasn't bad at all. I named it CP02_Compound02 for the time being. This is just so awesome for when you DON'T have a computer with you.

for those that want the compound i made which is:

// Sketch numbers:
// 0: Arpeggiator
// 1: Quantizer
// 2: DrunkenNote
// 3: SH101-Recorder

you can DL here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1994658/CP02_Compound02.zip
darwingrosse
darwingrosse wrote:

OK - I'm on it. I got Toussaint's paper right here, and will start to decode it. I'm gonna get the theory before I start digging through people's code, and I want to be sensitive to people who would prefer me to not copy their work.

Question for those wanting a dual Euclidian Trigger Generator:

Given that we have four setting knobs/inputs, what would you want to control?

Option A:
A0: Steps for rhythm A
A1: Steps for rhythm B
A2: Pulses for rhythm A
A3: Pulses for rhythm B

Option B:
A0: Steps for both rhythms
A1: Rotation (offset) for rhythm B

The first option gives more polyrhythmic control, while the second give variations through rhythm rotation. Really makes me wish we had one more input...

cry

Help me make a decision, please...!!!
mudlogger
darwingrosse wrote:
darwingrosse wrote:

Question for those wanting a dual Euclidian Trigger Generator:

Given that we have four setting knobs/inputs, what would you want to control?

Option A:

Option B:
A0: Steps for both rhythms
A1: Rotation (offset) for rhythm B

The first option gives more polyrhythmic control, while the second give variations through rhythm rotation. Really makes me wish we had one more input...

cry

Help me make a decision, please...!!!

Option A - the more polyrhythmic control the better.
Matos
I'm greedy and I want both since I have 2 ardcores! w00t
But I like the sound of choice aa bit more.
M6live
Redacted.
darwingrosse
[quote="darwingrosse"]
darwingrosse wrote:

Option A:

OK - option A it is. I've not tested this thoroughly, but you can check out a working example at the following link:

DualEuclidSeq

It depends on input into the clock in; beyond that, it is golden. Both the "steps" and "pulses" settings are from 1-32; it's a little uncontrollable, but a lot more interesting that limiting it to 16 step maximum.

Pulses are 25ms long at the moment, but that makes the LEDs nice and bright. The analog output echoes the clock input, so it saves you a multiple (maybe).

I've not yet cleared my modified use of a version of Robin Price's Euclidean array calculation; I'm going to ping him tomorrow. Assuming that he's OK with it, and that I (and you) don't find any serious bugs, it'll head toward the Github shortly.
darwingrosse
M6live wrote:
how could this be compared to z-dsp??

I truly have no idea, but the ArdCore doesn't do DSP - it does Arduino. Limited work in the audio domain, but it is a hell of a CV and pulse generator!
amnesia
seems to work really well. Thanks you GOD!
bodo
Thank you so much for this! Saves me a lot of programming headaches!
This was one of the main reasons I wanted an Ardcore, to have access to all kinds of rhythmic interesting goodies, thanks for sharing!

EDIT: works like a charm! Having a lot of fun wih it! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 11 of 13