MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SnazzyFX Ardcore
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author SnazzyFX Ardcore
Neo
[quote="darwingrosse"]
darwingrosse wrote:

Option A:
A0: Steps for rhythm A
A1: Steps for rhythm B
A2: Pulses for rhythm A
A3: Pulses for rhythm B

Option B:
A0: Steps for both rhythms
A1: Rotation (offset) for rhythm B
A2: Pulses for rhythm A
A3: Pulses for rhythm B

The first option gives more polyrhythmic control, while the second give variations through rhythm rotation. Really makes me wish we had one more input...

cry

Help me make a decision, please...!!!

Option A please!

I've been thinking about writing this myself, and downloaded Godfried Toussaint's paper earlier today.

edit: ok, wow that was quick
mudlogger
@darwingrosse - Good Lordy - Fantastic!

Thankyou so much for this.
zombieFredrik
SORRY GEEKPOST POW!
Nice! I did some research on beat distribution a while back. I just compared the Robin Price implementation to my own and this is what I got. Just for discussion on generated beats and so on, what do you think?

(32 lenght and 1 -> 32 beats) MY = mine and EU = the one in the code above (without rotation).

http://pastebin.com/2JDLPT7A

And with 17 as length (note missing beats)
http://pastebin.com/SqHnDtJL

If I didn't f**up in the porting of the c-code there is a notable difference. I think I just might try to implement my algo as an alternative.

As I said - would be nice to discuss the differences!
studiokpg
Loving the SH101 seq Darwin! Thanks!
darwingrosse
zombieFredrik wrote:
SORRY GEEKPOST POW!
Nice! I did some research on beat distribution a while back. I just compared the Robin Price implementation to my own and this is what I got. Just for discussion on generated beats and so on, what do you think?

(32 lenght and 1 -> 32 beats) MY = mine and EU = the one in the code above (without rotation).

http://pastebin.com/2JDLPT7A

And with 17 as length (note missing beats)
http://pastebin.com/SqHnDtJL

If I didn't f**up in the porting of the c-code there is a notable difference. I think I just might try to implement my algo as an alternative.

As I said - would be nice to discuss the differences!

GREAT GEEKPOST!

Very interesting differences, in fact. There are several instances where your version is preferable to the Price implementation. If you get a chance to try implementing it, I would be really interested in the results.

The good thing is that the Price thing works, but sketch/algorithm improvement would be fantastic. Let me know if it works, and maybe we can see about making that the Real Deal.
darwingrosse
studiokpg wrote:
Loving the SH101 seq Darwin! Thanks!

Yeah, it's become a favorite - especially since it saves the sequence to EEPROM, so for gigging, I can have some favorite material close at hand.
zombieFredrik
Got something running now. Kind of sloppy in some areas. Will post code/sketch somewhere after some sleeping.
zombieFredrik
Posted code, some ideas and some other ideas about ardcore in general to darwingrosse. To be contiuned =>=>=>
soundwave106
I decided to try and play with writing a SnazzyFX Ardcore program last night. It initially was a program to take a CV and generate a directional ramp (upward or downward) when either a clock came in or the CV changed (for decay type sounds and drums.)

While it can still do this, it also ended up being an LFO / ramp hybrid, with controls for speed+direction, peak LFO threshold, reset, and rate multiplier.

(As a bonus, if you set the threshold and direction settings "wrong", the program will continuously flip-flop between the threshold and CV frequencies. Could be useful.)

A demo of the patch used with simple clocks, LFOs, and knob fiddling to feed pitch on a Livewire AFG:

Soundcloud link (not sure why the BBCode isn't working)

It's my first Ardcore programming attempt, so I welcome any advice. smile
darwingrosse
soundwave106 wrote:

It's my first Ardcore programming attempt, so I welcome any advice. smile

Man, that demo track is outrageous! Great work!

A few ideas with the code:

- You might want to comment out (or eliminate) the Serial.println's, since they will consume processing time for little purpose once you have a running example.

- Something I've been planning on doing is to change the knob/input descriptions at the top: the Knob/Input split was only useful for the 5U version of the ArdCore. Now that SnazzyFX has knobs on the two analog inputs, it is probably better to label them A0 through A3. I'm going to do that during a football game sometime in the near future, but it's something worth considering for new code like this.

But the code looks solid, and the result is fantastic, man. Thanks!

(Also, let me know via PM if it is OK to include this in the user-submitted sketch section of the repository.)
fiocz
Mine came today ! Great module indeed ! Can someone please help me find the arpeggiator sketch ?
darwingrosse
fiocz wrote:
Mine came today ! Great module indeed ! Can someone please help me find the arpeggiator sketch ?

You can find it here:

https://github.com/thedug/thedug_ardcore/tree/master/arp
fiocz
darwingrosse wrote:
fiocz wrote:

You can find it here:

https://github.com/thedug/thedug_ardcore/tree/master/arp

w00t Thanks !! w00t
fiocz
Ok,let me see if I understand this beast right.
Would it be possible to make it act as a double AD ? Something like this:

A0 Attack 1
A1 Decay 1
A2 Attack 2
A3 Decay 2
A2 inlet -trig 1
clock - trig 2
D0 -end of decay 1
D1 -end of decay 2

Am I just dreaming ?
loss1234
WOW

I hadnt checked this thread in a couple weeks (been super crazy busy getting the new modules done) AND I AM STUNNED by all the new activity!

compound modules....sh-101...wow!!!

this is awesome

just more proof of why we need to get an ARDCORE FORUM going somewhere!!!

i just dont know how we can get it setup.

by the way people...tell your friends about the Ardcore!!

it seems a lot of people are still "scared" of it.

I might also be coming out with a black and silver panel for those who are not into color....it seems there are some who are not buying it because of the color.

it brings a tear to my eye to see all the wonderful things people are doing with this module!

woo hoo
soundwave106
fiocz wrote:
Ok,let me see if I understand this beast right.
Would it be possible to make it act as a double AD ? Something like this:
A0 Attack 1
A1 Decay 1
A2 Attack 2
A3 Decay 2
A2 inlet -trig 1
clock - trig 2
D0 -end of decay 1
D1 -end of decay 2
Am I just dreaming ?

By double AD do you mean perform one AD envelope followed by the other? I can't see why not. Not sure what you mean by "A2 inlet" though, is that maybe a trigger to start Attack 2 if in the first env? The rest sounds easy to do by some decently simple mods of the VCAREnvelope program. (I'll give it a go if I get some time off coding real life C# schtuff.)

Oh, the other thing to consider is that two stages will be CV modifiable (the two bottom knobs), and two will be fixed (the two top knobs). For what it's worth.
mudlogger
loss1234 wrote:

I might also be coming out with a black and silver panel for those who are not into color....it seems there are some who are not buying it because of the color.

I'd be interested in a black and silver panel - i agree - i think people are not buying it because of the colour/design. Maybe have a reversible panel?
FSK1138
thanks --you have no idea how much i needed this
loss1234
I just posted a video of Darwins wonderful new sequencer sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEwS0uXPiv8

as far as a black panel....I can get one designed and manufactured. probably sell them in a groupbuy. i guess i should see if people are interested!!

the NEW snazzy fx modules coming in a few weeks are black and silver
chisel316
Hi!

I just received my Ardcore in the mail today and I already coded up a Sample and Hold sketch that holds its own against my A148 S&H. Hope you can get some use out of it. Next, I plan to create an advanced Quantizer that supports chords and scales. Since this is my first sketch, I tried to follow the template as close as possible. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Peace \/
chisel316
FSK1138
[b]chisel316[/b]

how about A196 PLL EMULATION

OR cv to midi A192 CVM16 EMULATION

or a mini maths !!!
chisel316
Here's a Scale Quantizer sketch. I programmed it from scratch, so it doesn't have all the extra features of the original Quantizer sketch. You can add that stuff back in if you want. I just needed something basic, but that covered different scales.

Use A0 knob to select your scale:

"Octaves"
,"Octaves and fifths"
,"Chromatic scale"
,"Major pentatonic scale"
,"Minor pentatonic scale"
,"Major scale"
,"Harmonic minor scale"
,"Melodic minor scale"

Input is on A2 and output is on DAC.

If you have the Serial Monitor open, you'll see what scale you've selected.

Again, comments and suggestions are welcome!

Peace \/
chisel316
exper
loss1234 wrote:

Yeah sorry, count me as one of those people! It's not just color per se, I have a PEG that doesn't bother me. It's the clashing colors. Looking at a pic of it just gives me a headache! Can't imagine it in a case, trying to see it in the dark!

B/W panels would definitely get me to buy one!
soundwave106
FSK1138 wrote:
how about A196 PLL EMULATION

The Ardcore sample code already contains a slope detection program. You'd have to supply your own VCO and VCF, but I imagine that the slope detection program can be tweaked into something A196 like.

The CPU is only powerful enough for primitive, grungy oscillators. (And filters, perhaps, too... probably only the most primitive algorithms will work if that...)
jbucks
I just got an Ardcore, but I’m not too familiar with Arduino yet (but have a little knowledge of programming Processing). But I've got a query for those more knowledgeable:

Based on the discussion in this thread about harmonic ratios for use with FM, is there an Ardcore sketch which works like a Ratio Quantizer?

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70224&highlight=rati o

Basically, given an audio frequency and a CV input, the Ratio Quantizer would output frequencies based on multiples within the harmonic series rather than notes within a scale (sorry if I’m talking out of my ass here – I think I have a fairly good grasp on this stuff, but what I’m writing could be false).

So Ardcore would detect the audio frequency at an input (is it capable of frequency counting?), then run it through something where:

output frequency = input frequency X n

Where n equals whole numbers derived from a quantized CV input. This would (I think) result in pretty controllable frequencies to route to a second oscillator for linear FM? Or would it?

If I'm way off base with my reasoning, then ignore me!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 12 of 13