MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SnazzyFX Ardcore
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author SnazzyFX Ardcore
glitched01
Proof that digital can really thrive in an analog, modular environment.
GeoffC
loss1234 wrote:
sure...once we get to that point (module release) i can post a schematic...there IS input protection.

I am hoping people will write their own sketches!

this should be coming out in late winter/early spring

also from Darwin Grosse....

"there are limitations with the Arduino (and its Harvard topology) that prevent a switchable patch expander. So it doesn't seem like that will be in our future."

Really looking forward to this module - I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl! smile

And yeah I do plan on writing some sketches, with an eye to sharing them. I suspect others will to.

Anyways thanks for the replies to the questions!

GeoffC
zvukoprocessor
great module! will be buying one as soon as they are available. Absolutely love the design.
Waz
Thank you for making this.
we're not worthy
science
GeoffC wrote:
And yeah I do plan on writing some sketches, with an eye to sharing them. I suspect others will to.

Definitely... the ability to do so is what makes this module exciting to me to begin with. Breadboards become annoying after a while.
lightworks
Looks similar to Addac 001, does it have dac's with 16bit resolution?
love the panel!
loss1234
the entire spec, along with code is available here

though it is not exactly the same hardware implementation (darwins used an arduino Nano, we are using an atmega 328 with our own implementation of the support circuitry, etc)

http://20objects.com/downloads/
loss1234
one of the best sketches for ARDCORE was submitted by Alfonso Alba (fac)

its a drum sample player with voltage control over PITCH of the drums and Voltage control of drum selection

these are Yamaha Ry-30 drum sounds

I have posted a video of this being run on an Ardcore

thanks

mckenic
That video is WIN!

Have to watch again... and again...

applause
fac
Great video.

Dan has been asking me incessantly (ok, just a couple emails) about the possibility of loading one's own samples into the ardcore sketch. It is definitely possible, but my current "method" is quite convoluted.

I'm in the process of making a simple program where the user can load the eight samples, and the program will automatically generate a new drum sampler sketch with those sounds, but with my current workload it will take me a couple of weeks to finish. Also, keep in mind that memory in the ardcore is extremely limited, so the samples must be very short - around 1600 samples, but the samplerate can be different for each sound. Most of the default sounds had to be subsampled to around 24 KHz, which means the length of each sound is about 68 ms. Downsampling to 8 KHz would give you around 200 ms for each sound but bad mid/top frequency reproduction.
bleeps
Scha-wing!
mckenic
So any date/price info please? This has just mad it to the top of my list hihi
loss1234
late march/early april.

The retail should be $330 unless something changes.

I have added a new video today (my new envelope program)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUTPjH8iMxk&feature=g-upl&context=G2e13 d6aAUAAAAAAAAAA

I will keep adding videos and making new programs until this is ready!!
in the last two weeks I have added a bunch of new programs...simple bass oscillator, basic ADSR, a noise generator, a couple crazy glitchy sketches etc.

some of them have already been added to the user library on the software page.

thanks for your interest!!!
lombrose
Wow!
loss1234
We just got an awesome arpeggiator added to the llist!!!!!

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2012/02/snazzy-fx-ardcorearpeggiator.html

thanks douglas ferguson!

i am planning on having 25 new programs/ modules added to the list in addition to the 20 objects 25. so around 50 programs will be available on release.

i am amazed everyday at what this can do!

shouldnt be too much longer (month or so) till release!

dan
radiodread87
loss1234 wrote:

thanks douglas ferguson!

i am planning on having 25 new programs/ modules added to the list in addition to the 20 objects 25. so around 50 programs will be available on release.

dan

thats awesome Dan eagerly anticipating this release!
mckenic
Yup!

Looks better & better with each video!
lombrose
applause
SunSpots
loss1234 wrote:

thanks douglas ferguson!

dan

I realize these are programmable, and you'll have a lot of programs at release. That really interests me. I am curious to know on the arpeggiator, did you include CV control?
Basically, that will be a question on every program, is there cv control?
Thank you

SunSpots
DonKartofflo
Damn, the arpeggiator really made my GAS for this module grow stronger than ever w00t
16osc
loss1234 wrote:

if i understand correctly, anyone can write new sketches using the arduino dev tools. if i want to start writing things for it now, how do i test them?
fac
16osc wrote:

if i understand correctly, anyone can write new sketches using the arduino dev tools. if i want to start writing things for it now, how do i test them?

Yes, you can go to arduino.cc and download the IDE and start working. Darwin's sketches are a great starting point to develop your own.

The IDE can verify that the code compiles, but without an actual arduino board there's not much else you can do, as the IDE does not include a simulator.

You may be able to use a 3rd-party simulator, such as -> this one <-, but I haven't tried that.
toppobrillo
hey looks fun, I musta missed it but are you using the atmega's PWM or did you include DACs?
fac
toppobrillo wrote:
hey looks fun, I musta missed it but are you using the atmega's PWM or did you include DACs?

The Ardcore includes its own 8-bit DAC for the main analog output, and one of its digital outputs support PWM.
loss1234
Hey guys

Well, i have now added a DIGITAL DELAY
To the list!

Its being used on ardcore #2 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cta-qyXaUwQ&feature=youtube_gdata_playe r

Also...someone asked about CV

yes....every sketch (for the most part) has CV control

On the arpeggiator, cv can change root and octave

Also...on most sketches its super simple to re-route how the
Cv jacks are used

In addition to cv, many sketches have a clock input, or a gate in
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 3 of 13