MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SnazzyFX Ardcore
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author SnazzyFX Ardcore
bleeps

I got this from an email exchange with Snazzy Dan:
Quote:
comes with around 28 different synth programs
(listed below)

quantizers
lfos
CV recorder
trigger multiplier
etc

basically it can do a ton of different stuff

all you need is a usb cable. you download the free (open source) progams (very easy) and load one of em onto the module

the module then will store that program indefinitely until you decide to load in a new one

each program uses the jacks and knobs

also,,,if you or anyone you know can program at all, then you can make your own programs

or hell you can even just mess around with the programs and see what happens

it all runs off an AVR and uses the ARDUINO loader which works on MAC Or PC

template
quantizer
drunken walk
drunken note
clock divider
trigger to gate conv
8 step sequencer
gate delay
trigger delay
note delay
glissando
comparator
slope detector
gate sequencer
automatic switch
clock multiplier
logic module
variation gen
LFO w shaping
stepped random
shift register
output standards
CV RECORDER
SIMPLE VCO
VC AD ENVELOPE
FACdrum player

No word on price yet
hanerlend
sooo... this is basically a module that can be all sorts of modules? interesting
numan7
and i was just thinking the other day that my system could use more purple faceplates! thumbs up

nice layout + looks extremely useful! hyper

cheers
radiodread87
So wanted to post that pic earlier but was sworn to secrecy Ninja

and yeah the ardcore can be a whole heap of things. I cant wait to get my drunken walk on ! Guinness ftw!
SamUK
Really cool, is it using the ATmega328 (same as the Arduino Uno?)

I'm guessing that A0-A3 are analogue inputs? And that D0-D1 are digital input and output pins (PWM available?)

Any ability to add an SD card reader?
Drumdrumdrumdrum
This is very interesting
Protofrangiste
That's a great news! applause
I found some sketch examples here : http://20objects.com/

From what I understood it's a student who started it with a kit and Snazzy FX ported it in eurorack format...

That's an already huge base, and thinking of mixes you can do with them is pretty overwhelming...

That gave me so many ideas!
amsonx
wonderful ! i'll hope to get my hand on it
abendrot
So you could build a modular with just ardcore modules and it
could be a different modular every day. Sounds interesting. hmmm.....
fac
Quote:
comes with around 28 different synth programs
(listed below)

FACdrum player

Huh? They never asked for my (written) permission to include that. I'm going to sue Dan's ass to the last cent.

Just kidding (anyone can download my sketches from the 20objects website). I'm glad to see the Ardcore finally coming out in Euro. I'm tempted to buy another one.
fac
SamUK wrote:
Really cool, is it using the ATmega328 (same as the Arduino Uno?)

Yes. The board is actually an Arduino Nano.

SamUK wrote:

I'm guessing that A0-A3 are analogue inputs? And that D0-D1 are digital input and output pins (PWM available?)

Correct about A0-A3. D0 and D1 are outputs only. D0 supports PWM - you just need to run the output through an integrator (e.g., a slew limiter) to obtain useful control voltages.

SamUK wrote:

Any ability to add an SD card reader?

No idea, but I remember there was some discussion in the 5U forum about the possibility of having, say, 8 sketches loaded in memory at a time, and using a switch to select one of them, instead of having to constantly reprogram the board.

Here's the link to the original Ardcore thread:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32449
fac
abendrot wrote:
So you could build a modular with just ardcore modules and it
could be a different modular every day. Sounds interesting. hmmm.....

Well, not really. The Ardcore is great for CV generation/processing, and can even do some audio-rate stuff (very basic oscillators / sample players), but the output has only an 8-bit resolution and the sample rate is very limited, so doing stuff like complex oscs, filtering or delay-based effects could be a real challenge with questionable results.

But... it's great to have one ardcore in you system for those times where you could use one extra quantizer/LFO/envelope/random-CV-generator/whatever in your patch, but you don't really need or want to buy another module. It can also do basic sequencing and CV-recording. I use mine mostly to produce randomish/algorithmic sequences.
hawaii8
Wow!
looking forward to buy one.
silversurfer
Looks a great module.
Talking of looks, the module is still wearing it's 1980's shell suit!
I know every manufacturer wants their unique look so easy to stand out in someone's rack, but please tell me thats not the final design.
loss1234
Hey guys

This has been redesigned by snazzy to use
An atmega328(socketed)

The "student" is Darwin from cycling 74...he is
Amazing.

This really is like having 25 new modules
Added to your system!

Videos coming this week.

More info soon

Thanks!!!

Dan

Snazzy Fx
hanerlend
with some programming, would you be able to make it a dual EG, or even better an EG + an LFO etc?

btw. i love the look of snazzy-modules and pedals. (maybe except the religious symbol eye part on the dreamboat) i've liked them ever since they announced their first guitar pedals.

hoping we'll see more equivalents to zvex, snazzy, lovetone etc in the euro world.
fac
hanerlend wrote:
with some programming, would you be able to make it a dual EG, or even better an EG + an LFO etc?

With some programming *and* a slew limiter, yes. The slew limiter would be required to obtain a smooth signal from the D0 output in PWM mode. However, the EG's should be very simple (e.g., AD or decay only) because you only have four parameter controls, and in the case of the dual EG, you would have to use one of the inputs (A2 or A3) as a second gate.

An EG/LFO combo would be simple, though. Two knobs for attack and decay times, two knobs for LFO speed and waveshape (say, from down-saw to triangle to up-saw), clock input for EG gate, main output for EG output, and D0 output for LFO output. Dual LFO is also very doable.

Even a triple-LFO would be possible given that one of the LFOs outputs only a square/pulse wave (through D1) - you could then run it through another slew limiter to obtain triangle/sawtooth.

Shit, you just inspired me to make a triple-LFO sketch.
lessavyfav
The art is...
Remember Jack Nicholson in Batman?

This is one of those modules everyone who's used arduino plans to DIY... So glad someone just made it!
asterisk
cool.
sgnhh
does it store programs or do you have to keep it chained to a pc to load others?
qu.one
Love it Dan!
vav
Hmm...not sure if want...
SamUK
sgnhh wrote:
does it store programs or do you have to keep it chained to a pc to load others?

Programs would be 'burned' on to it via the USB port, they'd stay there until you decide to burn a different one (again via the USB port).
rico loverde
silversurfer wrote:
Looks a great module.
Talking of looks, the module is still wearing it's 1980's shell suit!
I know every manufacturer wants their unique look so easy to stand out in someone's rack, but please tell me thats not the final design.
have u seen the other snazzy fx stuff? this fits with their other designs so i see no reason why he would change it and I for one welcome a little creativity design wise.
phase ghost
Oh fuck yes. I've been waiting on this module since it first got mentioned. I'm gonna write so many scripts for this baby.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13