MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MOTM 3.0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author MOTM 3.0
paults
It's time once again to blow things up and start fresh smile

a) As of Feb. 1st, Scott @ www.bridechamber.com will offer full MOTM kits. The selection of kits and their prices are up to Scott. He will initially be using my original pc boards and front panels. When those are used up, he will be switching to 'Bridechamber' branded panels/pc boards. The modules will retain the 'MOTM-xxx' part numbering scheme. Scott's parts may not be an exact match for what I used but they will be functional smile In many cases the parts just are too hard or $$$$ to use. Yellow box caps may be blue, so don't panic.

All current kit backlog will STILL SHIP FROM ME.

b) As of May 1st, Scott will have the option to offer fully assembled modules *except for* the '650 and '730. Again, this is strictly up to Scott, but I will not offer them past this date.

All current assembled module backlog and any orders up to May 1st will still ship from ME.

c) I am ***NOT*** discontinuing MOTM. Rather, I am going to start completely over. By this I mean:

1 - Most current MOTM designs will be converted to SMT. In some cases it will be a "straight conversion" (like the '440) so from the front panel, you will have no idea it was 'different'. Yes, they will sound the same or maybe even **BETTER**. Some MOTM modules may not ever be converted for 1 reason or another (the '700 comes to mind). But the original designs are now in Scott's hands, not me.

2 - In some cases, I will make improvements or add a feature here or there.

3 - These new modules will have a different part number to distinguish from the older design. For example, a new EG would be a MOTM-805. In a few cases (like the MOTM-190), the function will be a new module entirely. This is still in the planning stages. The first set of 'brand new' modules will be in the May timeframe.

4 - All MOTM modules past May 1st will be sold via Bridechamber, not me. On May 1st my shopping cart goes away. I am out of the **SHIPPING** business, not the **DESIGN** business.

5 - The design of the new MOTM modules going forward is 100% SMT, with ZERO WIRES. There will be a small ribbon cable in-between the jack board(s) and the main board.

6 - Schematics will still be provided for free. I have no intention to have all my modules in the landfill any time soon.

7 - All MOTM modules have a **LIFETIME** warranty which I will still honor.

8 - Scott has the rights to place MOTM designs into the MU format. All new MOTM designs going forward will have MOTM and .com power connectors. I am not saying *IF* or *WHEN* a MU design will be available. All I am saying is that I will have the pc boards designed for it.

d) Starting this Saturday, I will be doing MOTM **full time** for at least 3 months. I promise that every backorder will ship. Once Scott has these new pc boards in house, I expect the lead time for an assembled MOTM module to be 1 week. Yes, 1 week. Not xxx years. 1 WEEK.

e) I am still doing Euro rack. Euro rack will pay the bills. Going forward with MOTM is a BIG RISK for both Scott and myself. But, I feel that I owe my loyal customer base, that have these large $$$ investments (and time investments) another chance for me to redeem myself. I still have lots of ideas. I have many people 'behind the scenes' with LOTS more talent than me to help me out.

I'm not going to 'pre-sale'. I'm ONLY going to announce when Scott has many modules sitting in shipping boxes. It will be mostly the second half of 2012 as I have an obligation to the current backlogged customers first. I am not going to announce anything until EVERY MOTM modules is out of the backlog.

Thanks again for sticking with me, I think Scott & I can turn the old gal around. We will certainly give it a shot.

Paul Schreiber
Synthesis Technology
thetwlo
Scott is funky hotdog... or pork thang. It's motherfucking bacon yo
only vegan modules get my $$$
thetwlo
fuk, Paul S.(MOTM) is easily about he best i've dealt with so....
paults
I'll have what he's having Guinness ftw!
thetwlo
... but Paul should duck! as modulation(can) trumps an awesome osc.
thetwlo
i love the MOTM, and sincerely appreciate the detais]l I want quality algorithms. That do something new!!!! NEW
AnalogBastard
Quote:
8 - Scott has the rights to place MOTM designs into the MU format. All new MOTM designs going forward will have MOTM and .com power connectors. I am not saying *IF* or *WHEN* a MU design will be available. All I am saying is that I will have the pc boards designed for it.

Very Nice thumbs up
thetwlo
i'm likely dropping the MOTM, they are better, and come with excellent support, only ....wait should I do this?
They always sound so much better, polished but take up a lot more space, but that's cool... tough call, but BTW: really need a GX filter in Euro.
sonicwarrior
Well, Euro always has this cheap no-value feeling for me because of the 3.5 mm jacks/cables.
I'd like to have a mixture of the smaller knobs of the Euroland and the big 6.3 mm jacks. Something like the panels from sduck. More features in less space.
Fidgit
deleted
wyrtti
Wonderful news, Paul!

Could this mean that maybe late this year we might even be seeing the new digital stuff in MOTM format? Deflector Shield, Resampling Mini-Delay, Cloud Generator and Morphing Terrarium?

It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo
Bob Borries
I just placed an order for a 440 last week and want to order a 480 soon, bad timming on my part. I'll have to get before May I guess, it's a shame, MU seems to be less profitable.

The 440 is the best filter I"ve heard, it"s designed really well, the high fidelity sizzle tickles my ears, I must have one. The 3 extra volts more than euro must account for something, like an amp that turns up to 11.

I need the 480 for channeling Vangeles when I'm in that Blade Runner mood.
bloke_zero
Sorry to be dense but what is the "MU format"?
sonicwarrior
MU means Moog Unit, so it's the size of the old Moog modular system. There is more information on the Synthesizers.com (or short 'Dotcom') page if you'd like to know more:
http://www.synthesizers.com/technical.html#panels

It is used by Club of the knobs, Mod-Lab, Curetronic, MegaOhm Audio, SSL, etc.

The MOTM format has a smaller width (1.75" vs 2.125" @ MU).
theinnerpalm
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! glad to hear!!! i will be ready to buy a module or two by the end of 2012. would really love to see some of this on an MU panel. or a white MOTM panel to match modcan would be awesome too. i just feel a bit dirty putting a dark black module in a row of all white. but if it takes a while that's what kits are for.

best of luck to both of you, and a big thanks for taking the risk! the activity on these boards is also appreciated. looking forward to pics of newer SMT boards.
Ockeghem
Dotcom format rules thumbs up
MOTM modules in dotcom is just too good Guinness ftw!
theinnerpalm
Ockeghem wrote:

+1! the prospect is so tasty and has me rethinking future plans a bit.
whitewulfe
theinnerpalm wrote:
Ockeghem wrote:

+1! the prospect is so tasty and has me rethinking future plans a bit.

Agreed! The idea of the 420 and 440 in Dotcom is quite the interesting proposition.
Bryan B
I wish you well with this Paul! Thanks for fixing my 440 filter when I was in need.
Christopher Winkels
paults wrote:

Scott has the rights to place MOTM designs into the MU format

I cannot wait for this.

Did I mention that I cannot wait for this? (Yes, I know you said *if* it happens).
paults
Yes, all of the current Euro DSP designs willl move to 5U, with certain.....errrr....improvements and added features.
krisp14u
paults wrote:
Yes, all of the current Euro DSP designs willl move to 5U, with certain.....errrr....improvements and added features.

hyper
Will they need the 950 PSU or the normal 900 supply do the trick
paults
Normal 4-pin connectors.

Modern DSPs/MPUs are now all 3.3V and use very little power compared to old (say 5-8 years ago) stuff.

Example: the E355 Dual Morphing LFO in Euro is a ARM Cortex M3, 32-bit MPU running 24MHz and only draws 11ma. of 3.3V. SlayerBadger!

This is an example where 2 older MOTM modules (the MOTM-320 and the MOTM-390) will be replaced with a new design with lower power and more features.
bphenix
Lots of good news here. Timely delivery of modules certainly has kept me from buying more. Hmm, perhaps that isn't such good news...
Never maintain cash savings again Never maintain cash savings again
synthetic
This seems like a great plan, good luck.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2