MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any headless fans here?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Any headless fans here?
Rex Coil 7
I get a kick out of people that display moral outrage while looking down on others from the saddle of their very high horse. Anything from political issues to the modification of a guitar ... or even a modular synth. I've caught the sharp end of the stick for my modded Tele, as well as the way I have modded my Dot Com based modular.

Oh the sin of putting 1/2" diameter knobs on my repaneled modules ... and for the love of all that is good and moral, I violated the very spirit of the 5U modular when I put large chickenhead knobs on my VCOs ... this is six Dot Com modules put into one 6MU panel (I made two of these "voice modules") ... I think it created Solar flares which disrupted the global power grid and made the Earth stop rotating for several seconds with it's completion:

... "chickenheads? CHICKENHEADS? Oh the pain ..... THE PAIN!! What have you done? How can you look at yourself in the mirror every day? You're an evil racist! Only a white supremacist racist would do such a thing! You terrible terrible man".

(I've actually rec'd comments like that .. I shit you not ... here's some more .... )

"Not only have you cut that poor guitar's body, but you put a Strat head on a Telecaster neck! Did your mother drop you when you were a baby?"

meh HAAHAA! The outrage .. TEH OUTRAGE!!!! The sky is falling!!!! Run for your very lives! Go change your diapers already. They're clearly ready, since you're obviously so FULL OF SHIT that it's spewing from your mouth!

lol lol

Some folks take themselves too seriously. Life's far too short to worry about cutting a Telecaster up or using a certain type of knob on one's own synth.

Life's a comedy. thumbs up

Back to headless stuff ... check out this headless bass kit ...

LINK = https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Style-Guitar-Rosewood-SBBK-1/dp/B01IPP 19NS/ref=pd_sbs_267_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01IPP19NS&pd_rd_r=54fe3e 5f-8ed0-11e8-a387-cb55ff1621b3&pd_rd_w=rGI9w&pd_rd_wg=0LAvl&pf_rd_i=de sktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=8702255303818932494&pf_rd_ r=2QNH9KN288QT0T2XGJ84&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&ref RID=2QNH9KN288QT0T2XGJ84

If only the body and neck work out and the rest of it turns out to be ~shit~ it would still be worth the $199.00 charged for it. Nice way to figure out if ~headless~ works for you or not. Y'know?

seriously, i just don't get it
locust_locust
I have a Forshage Orion.

GovernorSilver
Nice! I've been an admirer of Forshage's work for some time.
locust_locust
GovernorSilver wrote:
Nice! I've been an admirer of Forshage's work for some time.

Thank you- it is an excellent instrument.
Mine is semi-hollow with side ports.:

ShrutiSane
It is really adorable designs of guitars and some of them are made up of bamboo. Bamboo is the most traditional tree so get here the list of bamboo wholesale suppliers that having the best collection of bamboo products and furniture.
Rex Coil 7
locust_locust wrote:
I have a Forshage Orion.

Nice, but when you look at how far the knee-slot is towards the bridge when compared to the Strat it looks like your pick hand will be moved very much to the player's left since the entire instrument is shifted left when sitting to play. Look at where the bridge is located relative to the player's knee .. the bridge is nearly sitting over the player's leg.

Same with your fret hand, it will also be shifted to the player's left ... probably as much as when playing a bass with a 34 inch scale.

I am aware the shift is necessary to keep the instrument balanced when playing sitting down, since there's no weight from the headstock to counter by placing the guitar more to the player's right. But that doesn't change the fact that the entire instrument is shifted to the player's left, which may make some people feel like the instrument feels odd when sitting down. The Gibson SG is also like that to a lesser degree, and it's known to feel weird to some folks.

Just an observation. seriously, i just don't get it
locust_locust
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
locust_locust wrote:
I have a Forshage Orion.

Nice, but when you look at how far the knee-slot is towards the bridge when compared to the Strat it looks like your pick hand will be moved very much to the player's left since the entire instrument is shifted left when sitting to play. Look at where the bridge is located relative to the player's knee .. the bridge is nearly sitting over the player's leg.

Same with your fret hand, it will also be shifted to the player's left ... probably as much as when playing a bass with a 34 inch scale.

I am aware the shift is necessary to keep the instrument balanced when playing sitting down, since there's no weight from the headstock to counter by placing the guitar more to the player's right. But that doesn't change the fact that the entire instrument is shifted to the player's left, which may make some people feel like the instrument feels odd when sitting down. The Gibson SG is also like that to a lesser degree, and it's known to feel weird to some folks.

Just an observation. :despair:

It hasn't been an issue for me.

Actually the placement is perfect for seated or standing playing- that is literally the entire point of the design.

I bought this guitar when I was recovering from fretting hand surgery.
The design affords you to be able to play with a straight fretting wrist.
If you get a chance to play one you will see what I mean- it is hard to explain.
SlightlyNasty
Yeah, I thought the whole point of those style of bodies was to move the seated position closer to a classical position with a higher neck angle and less wrist contortions. Like how the Strandbergs have a dedicated leg cutout for classical seating.

I've almost pulled the trigger on an Ormsby Goliath 7-string so many times over the last couple of months. I like the idea of an extended-range instrument that doesn't require a hydraulic exoskeleton to perform bends on the high strings. Also something that doesn't cut off the blood supply to your leg in five minutes like my RG2228.
PapaLazarou
Dream guitar is a lucite Strandberg Dead Banana
Gaetan
I have a Steinberger spirit 5 strings bass that I bought in 2004. It won't blow your mind but it's a decent bass, it plays well and I like the small footprint.
locust_locust
SlightlyNasty wrote:
Yeah, I thought the whole point of those style of bodies was to move the seated position closer to a classical position with a higher neck angle and less wrist contortions. Like how the Strandbergs have a dedicated leg cutout for classical seating.

I've almost pulled the trigger on an Ormsby Goliath 7-string so many times over the last couple of months. I like the idea of an extended-range instrument that doesn't require a hydraulic exoskeleton to perform bends on the high strings. Also something that doesn't cut off the blood supply to your leg in five minutes like my RG2228.

Yes this is exactly the idea of them.

I've tried Strandbergs- I don't like the Endura neck profile but otherwise they are excellent designs.
My Forshage is a pretty different guitar- it is closer to an ES335 type tone, as it is semi-hollow.
PapaLazarou
Is that the point if the flying V as well? hihi
moloque
What about a double headless 6 string fanned fretless bass with a fanned fret guitar?

[/img]

hihi

I'd like to thank my daughter for letting me some of her glitter since I didn't have enough to finish oops
Hermetech Mastering
Why? zombie
moloque
Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Why? zombie

Why not? I'm playing bass and guitar in a new project. So since I build my own basses since many years, I though that would make sense....

Also I will never understand people who build their own guitar and end up only copying something that you can found everywhere from 100 different companies.
Thorsday
Moloque, that is a thing of beauty!

Ya! Kiesel Vader V8X

Picture file

Picture file
Jarno
Recently found out about Ormsby guitars:

Awesome headless guitars.
Really nice, I want to use a copper top with patina on my next bass build (not multiscale, not headless though).

woVERTICES
I LOVE my headless Klein AND my new eccentrically headed Klein!
Best,
John
www.johnjpotter.com
Flareless
I've got a Hohner B2A. Lots of fun to play but I'm a drummer so what the hell do I know anyway. Mostly I just count to 4 over and over again. Mr. Green

My B2A Bass
Inside the B2A
woVERTICES
An addition to my Kleins is the Sankey Destroyer...
John
www.johnjpotter.com

woVERTICES
Soon to be my newest headless from Michael Sankey...
Best,
John
Rex Coil 7
woVERTICES wrote:
Soon to be my newest headless from Michael Sankey...
Best,
John
I see you seem to have a preference for Lace pickups. I tried a set of those on one of my basses but wasn't able to make them work with the processing gear I use (amp, cab, pre-amps, EQs, compressors, and so on).

So I'm curious about your own bass rig. What has it taken to make those pickups work for you?

Thanks!
Hermetech Mastering
That looks great, does Sankey make basses too?
woVERTICES
I spoke to Michael in Brooklyn a week or so ago asking precisely that question. (My brother is a bass player) He said he'd be very happy to make a bass, and I, for one, would be very excited to see a Sankey bass!

Michael does incredible work; his instruments look beautiful and play with an ease that prompts better playing.

I would contact him via his website.

Best,
John
johnjpotter.com
Hermetech Mastering
Thanks John, I might just do that! I always fancied a David King headless bass, but think I prefer the look of the Sankeys overall.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6