MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any headless fans here?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Author Any headless fans here?
woVERTICES
Rex Coil 7:
I don't have a bass so I wouldn't know...my Sankey Destroyer with ONE Lace pickup sounds fantastic though...
Best,
John
woVERTICES
Funny you should mention David King basses...my brother had this bass at one time...
Hermetech Mastering
Yeah, that's his A shape and the one I would probably go for!
Rex Coil 7
woVERTICES wrote:
Rex Coil 7:
I don't have a bass so I wouldn't know...my Sankey Destroyer with ONE Lace pickup sounds fantastic though...
Best,
John
.. woops ... lol oops
chlorinemist
Not a single strandberg posted here yet? These guys have basically taken the headless throne where Steinberger once reigned.

Hermetech Mastering
Totally different from Steinberger though, they are made from wood for a start! I'd say Modulus Graphite are much closer to Steinberger in philosophy, although they also use wood, and most aren't headless.

I keep going back and forth on something new, or just grab a second hand Steinberger L series, which I have wanted since the 80's...
chlorinemist
Yes they are wood, although they do have carbon fiber reinforced necks and super light weight design.

But I wasn't trying to say they are literally making steinbergers... I'm just saying they are first company since them to seriously popularize headless guitars in the mainstream with world class innovative instruments, and have a very similarly forward thinking approach to design with their fanned frets, patented ergonomic neck shapes, true temperament frets, hexaphonic instruments, 8/9/10+ string guitars, etc.
Rex Coil 7
woVERTICES wrote:
Funny you should mention David King basses...my brother had this bass at one time...
... absolutely sick. woah eek!

Want.

Wow!
shaft9000
Is tuning them up typically much slower than using a key-winder?

I'm occasionally tempted to get one for the travel convenience. There are soooo many to choose from these days, and it's awesome.
That you can now get a multiscale Strandberg(asian-built), or a custom-made USA Kiesel -multiscale in 7 or 8 string if you like - for around $1500 new is quite tempting.

...and then I think 'Yuck' the rest of the time. very frustrating
I carry the same ol' prejudice that most people do; that a headless guitar ~looks~ incomplete and aesthetically unbalanced. Whatever the actual truth is, is beside THAT point. It's all in the 'seeming'. I wouldn't take one on-stage unless the music warrants it.
I wouldn't hesitate to use one in studio, though. So long as it sounds right for the part, it is right.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Page 6 of 6