5u - Uk dealers or stockists?

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

actionmusic2
Common Wiggler

5u - Uk dealers or stockists?

Post by actionmusic2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 am

Although there's a few Eurorack dealers over here, can't seem to find anyone who sells 5u. Is our only option personally importing? Fellow UK peeps please let me know.

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:03 am

oakley for either diy or built modules via krisp1.

otherwise in the uk that's it afaik.

there are a few 5u people in europe. moon, cotk, mos lab and i've probably forgotten one or two others.

fsound
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fsound » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:51 am

For the UK there is only Oakley. I say 'only', I have five of their modules and they are all fantastic, really well designed and thought out. Myself, I don't have the ability to build the kits so I get mine from Paul at Krisp1. He's really great to deal with, build quality cannot be faulted, and he usually delivers within a few days. Email him directly through the Krisp1 zen cart rather than going through the 'shopping cart' option.

http://www.krisp1.com/store/index.php?m ... km5io78g33

For the rest of Europe I have so far come across Club of the Knobs (see very recent posts on here), Mos Lab (waiting time of 16 to 20 weeks), Moon of course, lots of news about them recently, and Curetronic. These last ones are based in Berlin and appear to be a bit of a mystery. I mailed them before Christmas about ordering a couple of things and they said they were revamping the stock or something, can't quite remember. Also, must mention Corsynth.

nerdware
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nerdware » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:55 am

Also the MacBeth Mk1 modules. Scotland is still in the UK, I think. :hihi:
https://vimeo.com/user2264453
CANNOT DIY. WILL NOT DIY. DO NOT WANT.

Christopher Winkels
Lord of Tweed Manor

Post by Christopher Winkels » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:36 am

nerdware wrote:Also the MacBeth Mk1 modules. Scotland is still in the UK, I think. :hihi:
At least until 2014. :lol:

As for other European manufacturers, there's also Corsynth in Spain. They're new but their initial offerings look very promising: http://corsynth.com/home/

actionmusic2
Common Wiggler

Post by actionmusic2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:24 pm

thanks for the info peeps x

so it seems there's no-one importing stuff for sale over here, and holding stock of modules, so maybe a gap for the Post Modular's of the UK. It always seems a bit of a gamble with import duties and delays when getting stuff from the USA.

The Hamburglar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by The Hamburglar » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:49 pm

I fully endorse dealing with Paul over at krisp1.com.

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:53 pm

actionmusic2 wrote:thanks for the info peeps x

so it seems there's no-one importing stuff for sale over here, and holding stock of modules, so maybe a gap for the Post Modular's of the UK. It always seems a bit of a gamble with import duties and delays when getting stuff from the USA.
compared to euro the 5u market is pretty small i think.
i doubt, unless someone really had money to burn, it would be a viable economic proposition to do this unfortunately.

fsound
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fsound » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:44 pm

actionmusic2 wrote:It always seems a bit of a gamble with import duties and delays when getting stuff from the USA.
Buying from .com is easy. They're a bit formal to deal with but you always know whats going on. Takes less than 2 weeks from first enquiry to receiving the goods, US to UK. Others are a bit hit and miss with delivery times, you just need patience, they always get it together eventually. Import Duty and VAT are set fees and you get invoiced.

Tom | KMR
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Tom | KMR » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 am

Just to add to this, we've started doing some 5U bits at KMR Audio:

https://www.kmraudio.com/products/synth ... 5u-modular

We've got a demo Moon system and stock of Free State, Dove Audio and much more :)

josaka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by josaka » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:24 am

Corsynth - krisp1(+SSL) - synth-werk - mos lab - curetronic - dove Audio - Frequency central - Hordijk - Resynthesesis
All in EU/UK..

and KMR selling a few brands.. :)

Soundtronics, Oakley and Frequency central doing PCBs/kits

hamildad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hamildad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:26 pm

started on 5U last year, Bought from Tom at KMR,

and Krisp1, Corsynth, COTK and Moon Directly

Good experiences with all of them.

There is also the EU sellers on the 5U for sale FB group and the BST forum here..

With customs fees from US, I think you just have to accept you'll take the hit on some of them and you'll miss others...

I've had a Carbon Sequencer sail through, whilst a synth T shirt end up costing double..
My Synth Instagram here * My Synth videos here
-
External PSUs and DC jacks are the hallmarks of toys. - Graham Hinton.
-
I am one of the "tiny fraction of a percentage of oversensitive idiots" who feels the name of this site sends the wrong message.
-
This is primarily for melody and historical educational purposes - Analogue Music

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Tom | KMR wrote:Just to add to this, we've started doing some 5U bits at KMR Audio:

https://www.kmraudio.com/products/synth ... 5u-modular

We've got a demo Moon system and stock of Free State, Dove Audio and much more :)
KMR is an excellent dealer! :tu: I've purchased a few pro audio items from them that weren't available in the USA and they shipped fast and customer service was great. 8-)

m33pz0r
Learning to Wiggle

KMR Audio

Post by m33pz0r » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:07 am

As stated above I would recommend KMR audio, they have great stuff.

Fivewire
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fivewire » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Yep, I’m in the UK and have bought from Tom at KMR - excellent service, and Paul / Krisp1 too, also brilliant.

josaka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by josaka » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 am

just a note on KMR...
KMR are and have been one of the UK(London based) big players in the mid > High end Studio market since at least the early nineties..bought quite a few things from there back in the day.. technics SV-3800 dat machine was one thing...around £1000 !

seychmar
Common Wiggler

Post by seychmar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:04 pm

+1 for KMR.

flipper16
Wiggling with Experience

Post by flipper16 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:57 am

+2 for KMR.

Return to “5U Format Modules”