MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dave Jones Flood Coil 2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Dave Jones Flood Coil 2
kjellb
Preparing for a tour of Japan with Keith Rowe, Dave Jones made us a new custom Flood Coil. The Flood Coil emulates the debris emitted from a CRT. We use it with FM radios and pick up coils. Notice the opening to be able to get very close to the coil. It is a very very sensitive device.

barto
8_) would love to see it in action
daverj
I mentioned the original "Flood Coil" here last fall In the Dave Jones Design Flood thread (the device was named because it was built during my exile from home caused by the flooding in town last fall).

The original was built on a sheet of cardboard while visiting with Kjell and Keith Rowe when they were performing at a nearby university. Needless to say the cardboard version isn't exactly touring friendly.

You feed video in. It gets amplified and drives the coil, which radiates the video magnetically so it can be picked up by a telephone pickup coil or a radio as an audio noise signal.
Eli
daverj wrote:
I mentioned the original "Flood Coil" here last fall In the Dave Jones Design Flood thread (the device was named because it was built during my exile from home caused by the flooding in town last fall).

Owego flooded?? I miss the ETC/Owego/Tioga trails...would love to know what future plans with the place are. Anyways, a different thread.

Would love to see video of the flood coil!
daverj
Eli wrote:
daverj wrote:

Owego flooded?? I miss the ETC/Owego/Tioga trails...would love to know what future plans with the place are. Anyways, a different thread.

Would love to see video of the flood coil!

There's some info about the flood, and some pictures here. Water was up about 5 feet into the Hand of Man (below ETC). Hank's house was heavily damaged:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42315
revmutt
That is really cool. My kinda thing for sure.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1