MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cool 3U starter systems or stand alone (4 newbs) POST YOURS!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Cool 3U starter systems or stand alone (4 newbs) POST YOURS!
Entrainer
I thought since the Euro world is growing so quickly, it could
be overwhelming to learn every module.

Here's a couple concept systems, each with a specific sound.

1: Bucci

2. 4local

3. Ultimate Hombre

Hainbach
Wow, these systems are awesome! I don't know whether they would be good for beginners, as they are pretty advanced and seem tailored to refined tastes.

To start out and get results quickly I'd recommend a classic voice with some chaos thrown in, all controllable via Silent Way.

Mattech created a similar thread some time ago, too early in the morning to start digging for me, though.
reppiks
(btw, you might want to change the thread title from 1U to 3U which denotes the standard height of the Eurorack standard)

Here's an awesome upcoming starter setup in 1 row:
http://pittsburghmodular.com/foundation/

Drumdrumdrumdrum
Hainbach wrote:

Nice!

I'll go one better in just 3U......

thumbs up
theabsent
Hainbach wrote:
Mattech created a similar thread some time ago, too early in the morning to start digging for me, though.

Here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43464
Hainbach
Or this combo, for the patient and quality conscious:

mrcharles
Recommendations like these are of real interest to me, as I am trying to figure out what modules to get for my first system (extending the taste provided by my Dark Energy).

Entrainer... I wish I knew what you meant by each of the "sounds" you associate with the configurations you provided. I'm not familiar with the terms you used.

At first I thought that 1 3U rack would be all I could want... but I've come to realize that a 6U case is in my future... perhaps I'll post what I'm thinking about after a nights sleep and a new tooth installed at my dentist in the morning...
Matos
Can't speak for the lovely entrainer but the bucci seems like a buchla inspired creature with some high end gucci flavor. Lots of flexibility and far out synth sounds. Totally tubular and just my style.
The 4 local is a more traditional synth voice with some Vcs inspired modulation, and some classic analog delay to make everything bubbly and spacey. Far out man.
The ultimate is a clusterfuck of awesomeness with a little bit of everything throw into the pot and stirred well. Lots of cool envelopes, some wave folding an faders for all you finger bangers. Straight loco.
Orbless

I have been playing with this for a bit, I think if I were to get into euro, this might be a start for me
eXode
For a nice 3U 84HP "west coast" starter I'd consider the following:

Make Noise DPO (28HP, I hope)
Pittsburgh Modular Audio Mixer/Attenuator (8HP)
Make Noise Optomix (8HP)
Make Noise Wogglebug (14HP)
Make Noise MATHS (20HP)
Intellijel uVCA or the Make Noise ModDemix VCA (6HP)
theabsent
I have a case which is quite similar to this:

(Another HP01 is ASol 6HP midi to cv)
bouzoukijoe1
here's my idea of a beginner Happy Ending rack... not very fancy, but this is what I'd get if I were starting out again. has all the east coast basics, in an easy to understand kind of way. it really depends on your musical style and workflow though. noise vs. musical, freeform vs. conventional, west coast vs. east coast, etc.

tweaka
Ultimate Hombre looks like an awesome 3u setup

the pittsburgh for a more traditional synth
subterryanean
I think it would be cool to make a little 3u Serge Creature inspired boat -

Make Noise Maths
Toppobrillo Sport Modulator
Toppobrillo Multi Filter
Intellijel uFade

Maybe an oscillator for the osc. side of the TGO, wich is basically a DTG (similar to Maths) with one slope modified to track at 1v/O. I'd go for a Malekko/Wiard Anti Oscillator for sure, but that's just me.

Then you'd have a little bit of extra room to play around with.

Or you could just fill it with a zillion mults to accommodate faux-bananna style patching.

An all Make Noise would be killer too, as someone mentioned.
SamUK
This is what I''m planning on getting as my first system, I'm not sure it's complete, but I want to start small and add slowly(ish).

I'm just waiting for an email from AnalogueHaven to suss out the shipping costs (do they take long to reply?), everyone in Europe is out of stock of Intellijel, and Maths is out everywhere as well.
hanerlend
deleted
abstraktor
reppiks wrote:
(btw, you might want to change the thread title from 1U to 3U which denotes the standard height of the Eurorack standard)

Here's an awesome upcoming starter setup in 1 row:
http://pittsburghmodular.com/foundation/

This would be an ideal beginners system for someone who is coming from keyboard synths and wants to get modular...
Any ideas on what the RRP price might be?
eXode
abstraktor wrote:
This would be an ideal beginners system for someone who is coming from keyboard synths and wants to get modular...

Price will be $1695
abstraktor
eXode wrote:
abstraktor wrote:

Price will be $1695

ah..thanks. That's a bit more than I guessed - probably end up being about 1300 Euros in the EU then.
reppiks
abstraktor wrote:
eXode wrote:
abstraktor wrote:

Price will be $1695

ah..thanks. That's a bit more than I guessed - probably end up being about 1300 Euros in the EU then.

The price is 10% off getting all the same modules new.
theabsent
abstraktor wrote:
eXode wrote:
abstraktor wrote:

Price will be $1695

More like 1500-1700 euros in EU.
blackjam
Some peoples systems here don't have a MATHS in them, doesn't that get your account barred or something?

Seriously though there are some great starter system ideas here, having just filled my first 104hp its pretty interesting
hanerlend
talking to a friend about this entry-level synth. credits to mattech here aswell. using expert sleepers es-3 or es-4 for cv, envelope generator and lfo, you can get a nifty little synth in a doepfer minicase. will run you about $900-950.

expert sleepers es-3 / es-4, depending on connection
mfb osc-02
tiptop z-2040

so this has the same "core" as the one i'm looking at.

disclaimer: i have yet to check current draw and module depth, but i believe this should work.
Eis-T

- Quantisation
- 2 Osc + Noise + wavefolder
- cheap, unique sounding filter
- clean (mVCA) and dirty (moddemix) VCA's + ringmod
- 3 swiss knife modules with overflowing possibillities (Timetable, Sport, Maths)
- enough mixing options.

for LPG awesomeness switch the multiple (get stackables) and the Moddemix with a Optomix.
SamUK
Eis-T wrote:
- 2 Osc + Noise + wavefolder

What noise source is that?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9