MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Table Top 33HP Euro Case from IKEA for $16
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Table Top 33HP Euro Case from IKEA for $16
haven
Inspired by various IKEA case threads I took a look around my local IKEA the other day. My awesome wife found this http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30142965 picture frame. Taking two of these, removing the glass and backing, inverting one and placing them together will get you this case.

Usable width is 33HP, plus a little bit. I have managed to get 34 HP out of mine because the mult on the right has its jacks enough on the left for the front panel to overlap. Modules are screwed directly into the wood after drilling pilot holes so as to avoid spitting the wood. Power is supplied with a long Ribbon cable I made with multiple IDC16 connectors on the box side going into my Doepfer G6 PSU. You can see the ribbon in the top of the image. I put Vinyl "bumpers" (the same as used on cabinets) as feet which takes pressure away from the ribbon and prevents the case from moving.

This box may also work for less money and time http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/96469609 I will try it next time I am at IKEA

This makes it harder waiting for my second A174 to arrive from Noisebug!
Kent
Your wife has a good eye for spatial relationships... and possibly a good eye for special relationships as well. I've never met you though.

Seriously though, that's impressive work (the case/frame)!
screaming goo yo
DGTom
That is very nice & a tasty bit of IKEA hacking! Basically the perfect footprint for a killer little performance rig like that grin
sweet
zthee
"Ribba" in Swedish is slang for boner.
wetterberg
zthee wrote:
and Plan B is the name of a contraceptive pill. How appropriate wink
zthee
wetterberg wrote:
zthee wrote:
and Plan B is the name of a contraceptive pill. How appropriate wink

If we start digging in the modular mess we might find a lot of hidden messages? hihi
[.dust]
Nice discovery... I will use this for my DIY-Sequencer.
Mr White
cool
consumed
thats pretty slick. i might have to unboycott ikea to go get this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1