MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Small monitor resolution
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Small monitor resolution
Matos
Looking at small portable TFT monitors for previewing different sources going into or out of my system. Looking at a 5.6 screen as a possibility. What do I need to look for in resolution at this scale? Some claim high resolution at a 320 by 240 resolution.not sure what works with analog video at this small size.
lizlarsen
320x240 is roughly half the resolution that NTSC/PAL composite video is typically digitized at (720x480 is the DV resolution.) It's about what you'd expect out of any small monitor. For previewing I'm sure it's fine!
Matos
Cool! Thanks. I was looking for small monitors similar to the numark 3 monitor setup. Looking at the numarks specs they're the same. So I guess at this size that's not bad as the numark setup was designed for vjs. The numark one goes for $600 but I found a similar setup for CCTV for less than half that. Yeah or nay?
daverj
If you're going for the low resolution 320x240, this looks like it would work. Wall wart not included, small, but cheap. There's a dozen other styles there at about the same size/price. I just picked this one at random.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-inch-LCD-TFT-Color-Monitor-Camera-DVD-Vide o-Auto-/370506870282?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5643ee2e0a
alexwhite
daverj wrote:
If you're going for the low resolution 320x240, this looks like it would work. Wall wart not included, small, but cheap. There's a dozen other styles there at about the same size/price. I just picked this one at random.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-inch-LCD-TFT-Color-Monitor-Camera-DVD-Vide o-Auto-/370506870282?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5643ee2e0a

$25!!! Thats amazing!
bitSmasher
Low resolution is fine for previewing, what is annoying though is many auto LCDs are widescreen and just stretch the image. The product description might not even mention it's widescreen...
lizlarsen
dealextreme.com if you search "LCD" also has tons of other low price models.
giorgio
anyone done up any kind of DIY triple or quad mini LCD box? I'm thinking of getting 4 of these little LCD jams and mounting them 2x2 in a little box
lizlarsen
You could just get a larger LCD and a 2x2 splitter/preview thing used in security systems. I know MrDys and Nick Bartoletti use those.
giorgio
duh. good idea, I'll look into those.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1