MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

synthetic sound labs europe?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synthetic Sound Labs  
Author synthetic sound labs europe?
DonKartofflo
just came across the modulation orgy by synthetic sound labs and i must say that this is one badass module!
but the only places where i can find it (ah) are in the new world and since i live in europe, i would have to find a dealer here, preferably in germany or at least continental europe...

Do you guys know where i could get a ssl modulation orgy without having it shipped from the us?

PS: I would also buy a second hand one of any of you would happen to sell his module smile
dslocum
(Pssst. a little secret - a certain german company might just be handling them in a few weeks) But don't tell anyone. OK?
DonKartofflo
dslocum wrote:
(Pssst. a little secret - a certain german company might just be handling them in a few weeks) But don't tell anyone. OK?

I think I know that company grin IT'S PORSCHE!

thx my sneaky friend grin
arnoux
Ninja (So I'll tell you a secret, I'll buy two)

How much it will cost in Euro?
bwhittington
arnoux wrote:

A pair of these guys is really awesome. Great for rhythmic modulations, and with a few more modules patched in, you can do a sort of DIY Wooglebug/SOU but with more control.

Cheers,
Brian
dslocum
Someone suggested we subtitle this as a "dubstep module". Hmmmm hmmm.....
arnoux
bwhittington wrote:
arnoux wrote:

A pair of these guys is really awesome. Great for rhythmic modulations, and with a few more modules patched in, you can do a sort of DIY Wooglebug/SOU but with more control.

Cheers,
Brian

Cool, which may be these modules to do a sort of SOU? I own a Doepfer 149-1 and two Doepfer LFOs and the idea is to exchange them with two of these guys..
radiodread87
dslocum wrote:

Check out my next Vimeo video Doug and you will see some Yoy Yoys and Wob Wobs made by your creation wink

two of the Modulation Orgy at different divisions into a Synthwerks SL1-P module makes for some great wobble basses (swap between on the fly). And the Geiger counter makes some cool Robot sounds wink
bwhittington
dslocum wrote:

To be quiet honest, I'd barely be able to distinguish dubstep from stairsteps.

Cheers,
Brian
bwhittington
arnoux wrote:
Cool, which may be these modules to do a sort of SOU? I own a Doepfer 149-1 and two Doepfer LFOs and the idea is to exchange them with two of these guys..

Okay, emphasis on "sort of," so that I don't overstep my claim too much, but it is easy enough to emulate the fluctuating and quantized/stepped random voltage settings of the SOU/Wogglebug using synced or unsynced Mod Orgy's along with a DC mixer (reversible is coolest) and a slew limter. I just moved those modules closer together, along with a multiple and S&H that can sync to the LFO's (or not). I also run them through a quantizer, but the S&H does pretty much the same thing.

There's more going on in a Wooglebug, say, than just that (see diagrams here), but with all the vc on the Modulation Orgy's, you can have much more specific control over your "randomness," even achieving something like the probabilistic nature of the SOU, so in that sense there are advantages over the homemade patch.

The number of modules I just used for that function is a bit ridiculous particularly once I start plugging other modulators in, but the Modulation Orgy's do randomness soup very well, stepped with a mixer, continuous with slew. I enjoy playing with this sort of thing a lot. It makes me feel like I "earned" my little CV squiggles instead of having Grant or Don do it for me.

At any rate, two of these guys make an excellent team. I wish there was a header on the back to normalize syncing the clock of one to another. I use them that way pretty much all the time and will be hacking out that little mod myself when I get around to it. Multiple outputs on the module would be cool, too, for ease of cross modulating them, but that's why I keep a multiple nearby.

Cheers,
Brian
arnoux
Really interesting, thanks for the depth explanation..
Bluebox
dslocum wrote:

Step away from the wobble, Doug! smile

-ian

PS I still need to come visit, one of these days...
dslocum
radiodread87 wrote:
dslocum wrote:

Check out my next Vimeo video Doug and you will see some Yoy Yoys and Wob Wobs made by your creation wink

two of the Modulation Orgy at different divisions into a Synthwerks SL1-P module makes for some great wobble basses (swap between on the fly). And the Geiger counter makes some cool Robot sounds wink

Could we have a bloody link please Mate?
radiodread87
dslocum wrote:
radiodread87 wrote:
dslocum wrote:

Could we have a bloody link please Mate?

Chill Doug I have to upload it first haha will try and get it loaded up before tonight and will email you the link as well as post it here smile
sonicwarrior
dslocum wrote:

Only the Euro stuff or the MU stuff, too?
(Because I'm interested in a MU Tap Tempo LFO, although it could make sense to just add it to the DoubleDeka order, I don't know if that would make the shipping much more expensive) hmmm.....
Drumdrumdrumdrum
bwhittington wrote:
arnoux wrote:

Hold that thought hmmm..... I was playing with modular planner last night and stated to think of getting rid of the Noisering for a second Orgy? Hmmmmmmm?
dslocum
sonicwarrior wrote:
dslocum wrote:

Only the Euro stuff or the MU stuff, too?
(Because I'm interested in a MU Tap Tempo LFO, although it could make sense to just add it to the DoubleDeka order, I don't know if that would make the shipping much more expensive) hmmm.....

I don't think "that" company is into 5U/MU stuff at all. Is there a distributor in Europe that sells 5U/MU? But feel free to PM me re: saving shipping. Should only cost a few more $$$ due to the larger box.
dslocum
Drumdrumdrumdrum wrote:
bwhittington wrote:
arnoux wrote:

Hold that thought hmmm..... I was playing with modular planner last night and stated to think of getting rid of the Noisering for a second Orgy? Hmmmmmmm?

I haven't tried this, but how about cross patching two Orgy's so that the first controls the second, but also controls the VCA level of the other? That sounds like it could be a bit WoggleBug-ish.
sonicwarrior
dslocum wrote:
But feel free to PM me re: saving shipping. Should only cost a few more $$$ due to the larger box.

I'll send you an email when I'm at home. Thanks for letting me know. thumbs up

dslocum wrote:
Is there a distributor in Europe that sells 5U/MU?

Schneidersladen sells Moon Modular and Curetronic.
radiodread87
Ok Doug so heres a bit of some of my Eurostep jams done entirely on one patch and the modular with the modulation orgy not exactly the awesome and the camera ran out of Batteries at the end but you get the idea. Yoy Yoy, wob wob wob etc wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synthetic Sound Labs  
Page 1 of 1