MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

animal thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author animal thread
cerebrosis
i would like to gather demos, tracks, videos, cool patch examples, ect... of the Serge Animal panel. if you have an animal please contribute.

i have found some videos from verstaerker

animal noises

animal noises 2

animal noises 3

animal noises 4 NEW

animal noises 5 NEW

modular soundscape(animal drone-noisescape, afg random, s1 bells)

animal noises(different)

filtertest

animal filter modulation and beat

animal first test

MW tracks for film(serge animal+TKB and modcan a) AWESOME

http://www.mwmusic.org/MUSIC.html
cerebrosis
and of coarse talk about it.
parasitk
Hell yeah. I'd love more Animal vids and clips. For me it really sums up pretty much everything I'm interested in in the Serge format (save the DSUG, but I plan on DIYing my own VCS boards when Ken has them available).

I really don't want a massive Serge system: I want something i can stick in a briefcase of some sort and take around with me to perform with. The Animal really appeals to me on that level since it's a complete synth in a panel.

Also don't forget Carbon111's great Animal page: http://carbon111.com/animal.html
cerebrosis
thats about how i feel too. i dont want a massive serge, but an animal and tkb would be killer and possibly a CV1 panel down the line.

i belive skb and gator make a shallow pop-up mixer rack case that many people seem to use and they appear to be very transportable.

yes, ive been all over carbon111.com. that guy rocks.
Pockets McCoy
Yep, my system's going to live in two of the gator pop-up cases. If it's something you're considering, make sure you get the gator case, because according to Rex the SKB has a very poorly placed tab to support the rack, which runs into whatever's in the top few rows. As a result, an SKB pop up case full of Serge won't close unless you have the case modified to support the rack some other way. d'oh!
cerebrosis
good to know about the skb. thats not something that i would want to deal with while mounting the serge, maybe with more standard pieces of rack gear if one was found cheap.
cerebrosis

Bananallama!
parasitk
cerebrosis wrote:

love

Where did this pic come from? Such a nice compact system! SlayerBadger!
cerebrosis
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/03/modular-tracks-by-mw.html

listening now...
parasitk
cerebrosis wrote:
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/03/modular-tracks-by-mw.html

listening now...

Ooh, thanks. Serge AND Modcan, yum.
mono-poly
Serge works great in skb popup cases.
Pockets McCoy
Hm...that's very good to know...I was planning on using the SKB's originally, but then I heard they had issues with closing when the panels were mounted, so I figured I'd go Gator. If you're using the SKB's with no trouble, that's fantastic news, and that's probably what I'll end up with. SlayerBadger!
bartlebooth
Did you need to modify your cases? I'd read on the Serge Yahoo group that there's a metal tab that needs to be filed down in order for it to close with a standard chassis on top. But it's a pretty old thread (starts at message #2997 if anyone's interested), maybe SKB changed the design since then.
smitty
If you get a big enough system, it can walk on it's own though.

bartlebooth
Holy crap! that thing is scary
parasitk
Man putting a Serge in an SKB case is better than the SKB deserves, IMO. razz
Pockets McCoy
bartlebooth wrote:
Did you need to modify your cases? I'd read on the Serge Yahoo group that there's a metal tab that needs to be filed down in order for it to close with a standard chassis on top. But it's a pretty old thread (starts at message #2997 if anyone's interested), maybe SKB changed the design since then.

Yeah, I think this is what Rex was referencing when he brought it up when I mentioned putting them in the SKB's.
chimologic
cases for rack mountable mixers also work. I have one with 3 pannels and an extra one for 2 panels. just gotta be careful, my 3 panel one only fits the thiner chassis for the bottom, thats where my TKB is

parasitk
Oh you have a Marathon 8U mixer case as well? Will a thinner panel will fit in the lower 4U of that as well? Because that might be a nice case for the Animal + TKB pair I'd like!
sascha.victoria
I'm patiently waiting for my Animal. 1 month or so to go. Hopefully soon after I'll be able to get a TKB. Throw it in a brief case and travel the world...
cerebrosis
w00t

nice. please share your thoughts and sounds when it comes.
dust mite
i'm also interested in the animal. does anyone have any sound clips of it being used in a more 'traditional' musical format? i love squelches, burps, and blips but still would like to hear how it does at basslines and leads. $3600 seems like a bit much if it can only be used for noise.
sascha.victoria
I haven't double checked but I think the Marathon 8U case isn't carry on size which is a shame.
parasitk
dust mite wrote:
i'm also interested in the animal. does anyone have any sound clips of it being used in a more 'traditional' musical format? i love squelches, burps, and blips but still would like to hear how it does at basslines and leads. $3600 seems like a bit much if it can only be used for noise.

It certainly can be used for "traditional" synth music, sure! You have two VCOs, a filter, noise, S&H, two AD/AR envelopes, two VCAs - pretty traditional on the surface, if you wish to use it as such!
droolmaster0
dust mite wrote:

That is a curious statement.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4