MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

cliff 1384-1 group buy? sign in here.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author cliff 1384-1 group buy? sign in here.
consumed
i need some cliff 1384-1 jacks and am down for a group buy. who wants in, and how many? (there should probably be a straight up minimum of 50-100 pieces im thinking, but it depends on what cliff has to say and if they ever get back to me/us).
wetterberg
hmmm. that's weird. It appears to be back in stock at Rapid?
http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/Connectors-Audio-Video/Ja ck/3.5mm-Mono-PCB-jack-socket/63491/kw/cliff

- currently 324 in stock.
Soy Sos
I thought Cliff jacks were not generally well liked.
I don't have any experience with them though.
consumed
wetterberg wrote:
http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/Connectors-Audio-Video/Ja ck/3.5mm-Mono-PCB-jack-socket/63491/kw/cliff

how do you know thats the 1384-1 and not the 1384?

@soy: early cliff jacks (1384) were the fuckups. everyone using the new 1384-1 model have had little or no complaints (looks identical).
wetterberg
Soy Sos wrote:
I thought Cliff jacks were not generally well liked.
I don't have any experience with them though.
you most certainly do, you have tons of Doepfer kit smile

Thing is, for some DIY projects the pcbs are designed to accept the Cliff jacks easily, making the build sooo much easier... like the Fonik sequential switch diy board. So I for instance need at least 20 of them.
wetterberg
consumed wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

how do you know thats the 1384-1 and not the 1384?

@soy: early cliff jacks (1384) were the fuckups. everyone using the new 1384-1 model have had little or no complaints (looks identical).

Quote:
Cliff type FCR1281

and no, they don't actually look identical: From what I understand the FCR1281 has that little bump on the metal "prongs" there to make the fit a bit better - that bump is easy to spot on the rapid site. I think that's it, anyway... confused
Junk Rhythm
Any idea on the price per unit? I have a bunch of fonik PCBs I am about to build using Switchcraft but these would make mounting the panel a lot easier.
consumed
im waiting on cliff US to respond to my email.
they have a lousy track record of customer service though.
Junk Rhythm
consumed wrote:
they have a lousy track record of customer service though.

That they do. I have emailed them a few times requesting quotes for 1000+ units and I have never received a response.
krisp14u
Hi
I have an account with cliff so if you guys need any help give me a shout

The 1384-1 jacks are around 0.40 GBP each in quantities over 100 and there is a 6-8 week lead time
wetterberg
hey Paul, that's about the same as @ rapid.

What's there >1000 pricing?
krisp14u
Don’t no I never got that many thank god screaming goo yo
The rapid ones are the bad ones eek! or the last ones I got where
wetterberg
the ones they sell now are the right ones, the "-1" ones.
sandyb
i'd take 150 or so if it does happen
wetterberg
---but.... we've just been informed that the Cliff direct price is really REALLY close to the rapid pricing as-is, I recommend just ordering from them. They have the 150 right now.
sandyb
wetterberg wrote:
---but.... we've just been informed that the Cliff direct price is really REALLY close to the rapid pricing as-is, I recommend just ordering from them. They have the 150 right now.

i was presuming my esteemed colleague that there might be a price break if a group buy does go ahead and we order enough of them. razz
wetterberg
ah. gotcha - well I too would like to hear the >1000 price break directly from Cliff. :-D

Paul, are you the man to do that for us?
krisp14u
It’s looking like we may make a 1000 brake price I will ring in the morning and find out the 1000 price
Also have you added the VAT to Rapids price ?
The 0.40 GBP is including the VAT
consumed
ive let paul know that i am in (myself, personally) for 200--however, if cost/postage/vat makes it way more sensible to order 1000 then im in for 1000, which i'll distribute to interested DIYers here in the states.

ideally id get connected with cliff US, and they'd sell me a bunch, and i'd distribute the group buy from here (because of no VAT) to all you guys. but at this point ill probably just take what i can get (directly from cliff, wherever on the planet they will sell from). cliff has not emailed me back.

i appreciate paul's offer to help me out, but i dont expect him to organize a group buy since coordinating that can be a hassle.
LDT
Hey Wetterberg, maybe you know this, but you can get them from Mikkelsen Electronics in Farum, DK. (Or at least you could one year ago. Very good service as well.)
Soy Sos
Sorry, is there a US based buy and at what price?
I'm in for 100 to 200 depending on the rate.
Thanks
consumed
Soy Sos wrote:
Sorry, is there a US based buy and at what price?
I'm in for 100 to 200 depending on the rate.
Thanks

if cliff US contacts me and gives me a quote, i will set up a worldwide group buy (pending interest here).

if cliff US never contacts me, i will not set up a worldwide group buy.

if i have to get my jacks from the EU (paying VAT and shipping back here of course), i can buy quantity and distribute US only, at my cost. so everyone who's interested, please do post in this thread.

(if i set up any sort of group buy, i will not collect money until i have the product in my hands.)

price is unknown at this point (paul will post back tomorrow).
krisp14u
Ok so it’s been a busy day I had allot of orders to sort out with the new VCA boards
I called Cliff UK today
Prices are with out VAT so add 15% for that and then 5% for paypal then there’s postage from them to me and from me to you

Price for 100 in 100's -30.40 GBP
Price for 100 in 1000's - 27-60 GBP

I am not going to be able to do this buy for around 4-5 weeks
I have lots of other things to do run krisp1/Oakley PCB sales, decorate and carpet a house and move house look after my garden

Any spare cash I have is going into restocking PCB's and Panels so it would be money up front type thing
consumed
thanks for checking that out Paul.
i will put myself down (tentatively) for 1000 units but i understand you are unavailable for at least a month.
so for now this will be on hold.

notes: this would work out to around $0.60/jack for US folks
NV
I would be interested in purchasing 50 jacks. No hurry of course, so take your time in getting things together.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2