MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

251e editing past stage 49?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author 251e editing past stage 49?
franzschuier
I cant choose a stage bigger than 49 for editing. I read the "manual" but cant find the problem.

In SH mode I can jump to stages higher than 49, but I cant access them via stage edit.

What setting am I missing?

I am on the 30.2 Firmware

Thnx! thumbs up
drewskee
What does "SH Mode" mean? Can you set up a string of notes/events and then have the unit randomly select which one to play...can timing be ramdomized as well?

hmmm.....
divisionbyzero
it's because the newer firmware caps the number of steps per stage at 50 (ie, 0-49).

100 steps per stage meant presets couldn't be backed up. i'll ping don to update the documentation.
franzschuier
drewskee wrote:
What does "SH Mode" mean? Can you set up a string of notes/events and then have the unit randomly select which one to play...can timing be ramdomized as well?

hmmm.....

Yes:
S H - “start” pulses sample the control voltage applied to the “stop”
pulse; the sampled control voltage is applied to stage selection.

http://buchla.com/manuals/251e.pdf

The 251e is tha Bomb in a small system. Most of what the 250e can do (no external Cv inputs and a few other things though) BUT it gives me 4 Sequences and inter Sequence triggering. Everything I expected and more. And it gives me room for another module.
franzschuier
divisionbyzero wrote:
it's because the newer firmware caps the number of steps per stage at 50 (ie, 0-49).

100 steps per stage meant presets couldn't be backed up. i'll ping don to update the documentation.

But then it doesnt make sense that a full 10V in SH mode jump to stage 99? hmmm.....

Could this be updated?
nrdvrgr
Good to hear you like your 251e! Your old 250e works wonders here in Sweden right now!
divisionbyzero
franzschuier wrote:
divisionbyzero wrote:

But then it doesnt make sense that a full 10V in SH mode jump to stage 99? hmmm.....

Could this be updated?

yeah, sounds like a bug. i'll pass it on.
dougcl
divisionbyzero wrote:

Oh shit. waah No more .1V per stage.

franzschuier wrote:

The 251e is tha Bomb in a small system.

SlayerBadger! Definitely. Large systems too.
Reed
Very, very useful sequencer.
Kent
Shut up, you guys. Seriously... marital harmony shan't be compromised.
drewskee
Me thinks that "marital harmony" and Buchla hardly ever find themselves as best of friends....Serge can be added in place of Buchla too....
Oxix52
Luckily, all Buchla modules look the same to my wife. The only danger is that she may notice when my 18-spacer is joined by his little 10-space brother. help
Kent
There was no way to sneak in the 2nd 18-panel boat 1/3rd full of modules. She just noticed my Maschine, which had been sitting there for months, and said "Oh, is that another new one?"

Dead Banana

I believe that my neighbor just ordered a 251e, so my lust will grow ever stronger.
franzschuier
Kent wrote:

I believe that my neighbor just ordered a 251e, so my lust will grow ever stronger.

Bookla owners and neighbours? In Germany? Wow sounds cool. How big is the system if you both combine it?
Kent
39 panels once his gets delivered. nanners
weinglas
divisionbyzero wrote:

Does the backup work with pre v30 systems and 100 steps?
divisionbyzero
weinglas wrote:
Does the backup work with pre v30 systems and 100 steps?

no, not at all. 15 of those presets is bigger than one of the two pieces of ram on the old memory card.
Kent
Kent wrote:

As a footnote, this is what Lyonel calls "A Starter System" or "One for the Dabblers".

lol
weinglas
Kent wrote:
Kent wrote:

As a footnote, this is what Lyonel calls "A Starter System" or "One for the Dabblers".

lol

Dead Banana
Lyonel
Kent wrote:
Kent wrote:

lol

I agree!
franzschuier
Bump... Any of the buchla guys here know when the update is to be expected? Don wasnt sure when I called in a few ago...

Really need this update.
Kent
I’ve seen the newer v3 memory cards on the interwebs.

There is almost no information about them. They seem to allow for more storage space. Does anyone have information on these v3 cards?

Would expanded memory allow for a return to 0-99 steps for each sequencer channel?
dougcl
Kent wrote:

Would expanded memory allow for a return to 0-99 steps for each sequencer channel?

The original cards held 15 presets. That's why the preset manager has the features to shift 15 presets around. You had to store the 30 presets on two cards and use the preset manager to shift them around before saving and after loading.

The v3 cards have room for 30 presets, and the v30 firmware just writes all 30 presets to the new card.

The number of stages in the 251e is a different matter, and has to do with a limit programmed into the firmware. There would need to be a firmware update (backdate?) to get 100 stages. Whether or not all of that would fit on the card is a separate issue. It could be they went to 50 stages due to card storage limitations, I don't know for sure.

Doug
Kent
Thanks, Doug.

Does the new Primo OS still address the old cards in banks of 15? In short, have the v2 cards been obsoleted? It’s been ages since I’ve used them and it is not approaching safety backup time. I could just try to dumping 1-15 and 16-30 and see how it goes, I guess.

So, the v3 cards can take all 30 in one blast. Do they have enough theoretical capacity (and is the implementation there) to hold 100 steps per sequence on top of the 30 presets?

It would be nice if someone magical would fashion a way of backing up presets (and restoring them) to a computer in some fashion. Being able to reorder presets would be nice too. I’d pay for that.
mutierend
Kent wrote:

It would be nice if someone magical would fashion a way of backing up presets (and restoring them) to a computer in some fashion. Being able to reorder presets would be nice too. I’d pay for that.

I don't want to put words in Alex @Keen's mouth, but it seems like the 282e preset manager could do this someday.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2