MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is it possible to hear the sound of shadows
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Is it possible to hear the sound of shadows
c3400
Took me a minute to get the plague bearer but after reading this forum and the manual I am really digging it. I am curious about the sound of shadows has anyone made a clear demonstration video of it?
RubberCityNoise
The Sound of Shadows is one of my favorite modules. I actully made a demo video but have not uploaded it yet. I think I can on Friday. Don't listen to people who say it can't do normal delays, you just have to read the manual. It is touchy, and can do insect noises, but it can also do killer voltage controlled delays and feedback loops.
c3400
awesome, I look forward to your upload!
subterryanean
Likewise, I love the sound of delays that are pushed to the limit of their chips.
subterryanean
(poke with stick)
papercutnoise
Would love to see some demos and "tips & tricks" videos on this module. I know there's gotta be some amazing sounds hidden in there, I just haven't been able to find em yet.
mckenic
papercutnoise wrote:
Would love to see some demos and "tips & tricks" videos on this module. I know there's gotta be some amazing sounds hidden in there, I just haven't been able to find em yet.

Ok so, sorry for the quality - I spent FAR more time encoding/resizing/re-encoding etc. this than I wanted to today hihi

Trade-off between upload size and picture quality - but I HOPE you can see whats going on. My Zi8 only took audio on the left speaker - or - I used a mono cable or I dunno :(

So anyway - here is how I use my SoS - I hope it is of some use to you mate.

Cyclebox -> QMMG in both mode.
AFG in LFO range -> QMMG trigger in.
QMMG out to SoS in.
SoS Mix out to camera.

The most fun is when you modulate rate and feedback - and - when nothing is plugged in to the SoS input! eek!

Hope this helps mate!
Sorry for the quality.
subterryanean
Thanks for that, it was totally fucking awsome.

It bugs out much more then I would have expected, which is a good thing. I love the pure audio mash vomit you were getting from modulating the delay and feedback

I have a BBD based delay pedal (dod fx90) that I streched the delay time out as long as it would go without cutting out. Stock it's around 300ms, but I've pulled it out to a little over a second. It sounds really 'pretty' with the aliasing and clock noise, it's very gentile sounding, like having a soft floating cloud behind what ever you send into it.

The SOS seems to be the antithesis to that, very aggresive in its decimation, streching the sound into blips and chaos. Totally rad.

Thanks again!
mckenic
Thanks a MILLION for watching mate! Hug
Really happy its of some use - Woo Hoo!

Yeah - it gets crunchy really quick - beautiful! My one was a kit and one of the first things I put together so I thought some of the mojo might be my soldering stuff ass-ways... seems like they are all this mad which is a great thing!

I finally got myself a Vestax MDX (the pedal I started out with YEARS ago) and its beautiful and creamy - like you said - SoS is the polar opposite... sometimes you just want beautiful fragments hihi

Anyhoo - I seriously appreciate the feedback smile mate! Thanks again for watching!

thumbs up
papercutnoise
mckenic wrote:
papercutnoise wrote:

Ok so, sorry for the quality - I spent FAR more time encoding/resizing/re-encoding etc. this than I wanted to today hihi

Trade-off between upload size and picture quality - but I HOPE you can see whats going on. My Zi8 only took audio on the left speaker - or - I used a mono cable or I dunno :(

So anyway - here is how I use my SoS - I hope it is of some use to you mate.

Cyclebox -> QMMG in both mode.
AFG in LFO range -> QMMG trigger in.
QMMG out to SoS in.
SoS Mix out to camera.

The most fun is when you modulate rate and feedback - and - when nothing is plugged in to the SoS input! eek!

Hope this helps mate!
Sorry for the quality.

Sorry, only saw this today!!!

2 things:

First of all, wow thanks so much for going through the bother to record and upload a video specifically for me. Very, very much appreciated!

Second of all, after seeing that video you have completely encouraged me to push the module a bit further. I have been using it more like a normal delay since I got it but it would make sense, since it's from FoH, that this is not what it was intended for. Some amazing sounds going once you start throwing cv into it. I have a feeling this module is going to pair extremely well with my new Doepfer PLL! SlayerBadger!
mckenic
thumbs up

VERY happy that it might be of help mate! And of course happy to shout about f(h) stuff at any given chance hihi

I initially tried it as a standard delay but when I took out the input to try something else, the SoS's 'voice' came out of the speakers! Left it like that for AGES hihi

Hope you find a use for some of the crazier stuff mate! thumbs up
PLEASE do let us know how you get on - and - please post about the PLL willya? Ive been thinking of getting one for ages!

thumbs up
papercutnoise
mckenic wrote:
thumbs up

VERY happy that it might be of help mate! And of course happy to shout about f(h) stuff at any given chance hihi

I initially tried it as a standard delay but when I took out the input to try something else, the SoS's 'voice' came out of the speakers! Left it like that for AGES hihi

Hope you find a use for some of the crazier stuff mate! thumbs up
PLEASE do let us know how you get on - and - please post about the PLL willya? Ive been thinking of getting one for ages!

thumbs up

Will do! Only got the PLL This week along with Brains, Sequential Switch, uFolfd, A101-2 LPG amd a few untilities modules so I have a good bit of learning and investigating to do over the next few weeks. Already managed to get some nice sounds from the PLL though. Need to get me some panels for my 2 Plague Bearers too. They were the first modules I bought and still haven't built them. Shameful oops
dude
i just want to voice more love for the sos. i love it to death.
papercutnoise
So this week has mainly been spent playing with my SoS and trying to learn a bit about it. Had lovely fun cving the rate very subtly and slowly while playing a sequence of sine waves into it from my GWS. Attenuation really is the key to using the rate cv.

Tonight I tried out the inset and patched an A-100 in there and then threw the A196 PLL in there too. Got some lovely sounds from it and some damn crazy ones too smile
lilakmonoke
doublepost but its all the sos with various things patched into the feedback loop. the slower the delay the noisier it gets beacuse the sample freq goes down.

http://tindeck.com/listen/urdy

cv slime 800
This isn't a demo but something I just recorded with a recently acquired SoS that gives a taste of the mayhem. Mr. Green

[s]http://soundcloud.com/cv-slime-800/cavalcade-of-shadows[/s]
http://soundcloud.com/cv-slime-800/cavalcade-of-shadows
chvad
one of my absolutely fav modules!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1