Oakley SH-101 mods ever again?

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

hellohihowareyou
Wiggling with Experience

Oakley SH-101 mods ever again?

Post by hellohihowareyou » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 am

Any chance you'll ever do SH-101 mods again?

Have an old one I bought for $200 way back and don't give a shit about the "investment."
:youkids:

If not, can anyone suggest someone still doing proper 101 mods? The only ones I see are circuitbenders.co.uk and their mod selection seems a bit limited.

computer controlled
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by computer controlled » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:30 am

I think that's all there is. Maybe the A.Sol mods are still available. I did the circuit benders LFO mod. Really like it.
Stuff: SH-01A . TR-8S . MX-1 . D-20 . Waldorf MicroQ . Ensoniq EPS 16+ . Yamaha MODX6 . Yamaha DX7 . MPC Live . Avalon BassLine . Behringer Neutron . Behringer MS-101 . Behringer Pro-1 . Behringer K-2 . Behringer TD-3 . E-Mu Emax . E-Mu Emax II . BeatStep Pro . Keystep .

wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

Post by wavecircle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:34 am

I think circuitbenders offer the complete nova mod now. The full package seems pretty extensive.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thezyg/ (lots of Serge)

[s]http://bit.ly/2Mekran[/s]

Ciat Lonbarde stuff from many moons ago: http://soundcloud.com/polska-kliknij-muzyka

hellohihowareyou
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hellohihowareyou » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:45 am

Hmm yes the mods certainly look quite a big more extensive than I thought. I'll get in touch with them. The only thing I'd like to see added are individual waveform outputs. They are very easy to locate on the pcb so I suppose I could always do them myself.

Thanks for the quick response, guys! :party:

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Synthbuilder » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 am

I still do the Oakley SH-101s from time to time. I don't tend to do the everything including the kitchen sink add ons. I think the SH-101 is one of the most wonderful of small synths. It's so wonderfully laid out and designed that it's almost impossible to make it sound bad. So I tend to recommend just a small sub set of what could be done to keep the front panel as minimal as possible.

The one pictured is a bit unusual in that it has a VCO CV input. That was not a trivial thing to add IIRC as the VCO summing node doesn't sit 0V. I do sometimes do a proper front panel for the add-ons but the customer was happy to have just the sticky labels for this one.

Tony

Seaweed Sound
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Seaweed Sound » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:46 pm

computer controlled wrote:I think that's all there is. Maybe the A.Sol mods are still available. I did the circuit benders LFO mod. Really like it.
Does that reset the LFO when you hit it with a trigger? I think that is also on hyperreal but the wording is kind of confusing.

Also Tony, isn't there a VCA click/thump reduction mod? Any info on how to do this?

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”