MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
CURRENTLY BROWSING IN GUEST MODE
PLEASE LOGIN TO ACCESS FULL FUNCTIONALITY

stg soundlabs wave folder very noisy...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author stg soundlabs wave folder very noisy...

Rudy D.

my stg sl wave folder is very noisy compared to every module i own - is this normal or do i got a monday model? any suggestions/opinions - thank you guys...

best regards
rudy

Oldstench

Have you considered emailing STG and asking him?

Rudy D.

Oldstench wrote:
Have you considered emailing STG and asking him?

no haven't..just wondered if there are other wigglers who noticed a comparable "problem"... and yes i should do this... thanx

J

no probs here.

very quiet module

Rudy D.

J wrote:
no probs here.

very quiet module
hmmm.....

theabsent

If it was bought used it could have been trimmed to have more gain? Just a guess...

Rudy D.

[/quote] hmmm.....[/quote]

Just wrote an email to mr. suit and tie...so will see... eek!

Rudy D.

theabsent wrote:
If it was bought used it could have been trimmed to have more gain? Just a guess...

no directly from shawn...thanks thumbs up

elemental

mine is fine too - never noticed noise.

the doepfer phaser module is the most noisy module I own...

phase ghost

Could you post an audio sample for us with this module to compare?

[Djo]

No noise for me too, but with sine or tri wave only, that's the "normal" utilisation.

With other complex waveform, the module is quite like an overdrive/waveshaper, and can be very noisy.

en.

hi rudy, how are you using it? i have noise coming out of my toppobrillo TWF when using it with external audio (bassdrum for example) or previously gated signals and manually offsetting or folding them.
probably it's normal because we are offsetting or folding "silence" (read: the low background noise of the different sources)...
ah fyi maybe i'm completely wrong! hihi

vav

I have i think the first or second Euro wavefolder STG did and i've never had an issue with noise...unless i wanted to make the good stuff It's motherfucking bacon yo

Rudy D.

en. wrote:
hi rudy, how are you using it? i have noise coming out of my toppobrillo TWF when using it with external audio (bassdrum for example) or previously gated signals and manually offsetting or folding them.
probably it's normal because we are offsetting or folding "silence" (read: the low background noise of the different sources)...

normally i using it with the res-4 or just as a modulation source (fm/means osc to wf to mod in other osc) manley it's getting very noisy when using it as an audio modulator...

Rudy D.

[Djo] wrote:
No noise for me too, but with sine or tri wave only, that's the "normal" utilisation.

With other complex waveform, the module is quite like an overdrive/waveshaper, and can be very noisy.

hej -yes normaly with sine waves (res-4)... i just going to make an audio file this week and will send it to the stg guy and post it on mf...

suitandtieguy

please do. i don't understand what "noisy" is in this context.

en.

Rudy D. wrote:
en. wrote:

normally i using it with the res-4 or just as a modulation source (fm/means osc to wf to mod in other osc) manley it's getting very noisy when using it as an audio modulator...

mm.. not my case, i don't have problems with "continuous" sounds...

Rudy D.

suitandtieguy wrote:
please do. i don't understand what "noisy" is in this context.

Didn't have the time - to much business - btw noisy means like i boost 80 dB on a Neve Pre or any other pre which stands in my rack... i will post soon... thumbs up

Rudy D.

http://soundcloud.com/modtests/4db

okey here we go - WF settings:

amount: 0
volume: 10
offset: 0
fold mix: 0

so i just plugged the wf to the cwejman ai-2 (@ 0 gain) and direcctly to the DA
-> so @ line level i got a signal to noise ratio of 50bB - maybe i'm a little picky but for my means this is a liitle noisy... however the soundcloud file doesn't resemble the true noise floor but you got an idea of what i mean... thumbs up[/s]

Rudy D.

okey then maybe i don't get it or it's just normal...anyways Guinness ftw!

suitandtieguy

what is plugged into the module in this test or is there just no input?

Rudy D.

suitandtieguy wrote:
what is plugged into the module in this test or is there just no input?

no input...

suitandtieguy

this module is calibrated to work with a sine or triangle wave input oscillating between negative 5 volts and positive 5 volts.

how much noise does it have then?

Rudy D.

will check soon...thank you... thumbs up

Rudy D.

suitandtieguy wrote:
this module is calibrated to work with a sine or triangle wave input oscillating between negative 5 volts and positive 5 volts.

how much noise does it have then?

same same...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2