MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Keith Fullerton Whitman - EMS VCS3 Solos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Keith Fullerton Whitman - EMS VCS3 Solos
KNYST
Anyone got this release? Know anything about it?
Any thoughts about it?

This has to be a cool album!! hyper
http://www.discogs.com/Keith-Fullerton-Whitman-EMS-VCS3-Solos/release/ 123280

Would be lovely find a downloadable version... Anyone?
Buying would also be cool.
KNYST
No one's ever listened this release?? Come on - this has to be the place to ask!!
seriously, i just don't get it
goiks
Nope, would love to hear it though.
don h
Thomas Lehn, Feldstaerken from www.randomacoustics.de
Cor Fuhler, Whistlelight, from http://www.erstwhilerecords.com/

Both are amazing, but Feldstaerken really beyond belief.
Real time, straight to record.
KNYST
Cool, I'll check them out!
Thanks for the info! smile
kfw
err ... this doesn't exist, at least not as a commercial release. i spent a few days in john mcentire's soma studio in chicago ca. 2001 recording on his vcs3 & used bits of it on "schöner flußengel" - but other than giving the raw recordings to matmos, i can't remember doing anything much with them ; straight to minidisc & kind of unlistenable as "music" per se ...

that there's a listing on discogs for it is kind of LOL ...
kfw
and yes, feldstarken is a masterwork, certainly the full solo vcs3 thing i'd heard in contemporary times that "did it" for me, but his duo sets with marcus schmickler are UNGODLY ; highly recommend checking out the erstwhile disc & the two recent a-musik titles ...
don h
kfw wrote:
and yes, feldstarken is a masterwork, certainly the full solo vcs3 thing i'd heard in contemporary times that "did it" for me, but his duo sets with marcus schmickler are UNGODLY ; highly recommend checking out the erstwhile disc & the two recent a-musik titles ...

Navigation im Hypertext is unreal!
I think pretty much ANYTHING with EITHER Lehn or Schmickler is worth buying.
Schmickler and Rehburg - R/S One on Erstwhile too!
apfEID
huge fan of Lehn and Schmickler here, I really should track down all the rest of Lehn's work, I've got the erst discs.
don h
You have the Rabbit Run? Another favorite.
kfw
thought you guys might like this ::

http://soundcloud.com/kfw/dream-house-variations-stereo-mixdown

it's a 6-hour, 13-minute, 12-second excerpt of the 8-channel "dream house variations" piece ... which essentially consists of four stereo "simultaneous play" segments running a pair of mono 6-second loop-cassettes through a 4-suitcase eurorack array ... you can stream from there or download the whole thing to your computer & burn it to an mp3-cd ...
chinard
I had the pleasure of seeing KFW performing at the X-Avant festival in toronto last year.
Absolutely mesmerizing performance with 2x a-100 cases he was playing while sitting on the floor and lots of projections of his cats.
Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat.
I really wish i would have remembered my vidcam for that one.

Glad to see you found your way here Keith Drinking
KNYST
kfw wrote:
err ... this doesn't exist, at least not as a commercial release. i spent a few days in john mcentire's soma studio in chicago ca. 2001 recording on his vcs3 & used bits of it on "schöner flußengel" - but other than giving the raw recordings to matmos, i can't remember doing anything much with them ; straight to minidisc & kind of unlistenable as "music" per se ...

that there's a listing on discogs for it is kind of LOL ...

WTF? KFW! smile
Interesting info!
(I've got an unreleased album listed there as well)
I love discogs, but these non-existent 'releases' are a problem...

I have yet to check the "dream house variations" piece!
The best
KNYST
amnesia
I have Keiths unreleased Serge tracks. pretty cool stuff
meristem
this is a really cool recording. the other tracks on the soundcloud profile are equally great.

i'm definitely looking forward to whatever your next release will be
bryan
don h wrote:
Thomas Lehn, Feldstaerken from www.randomacoustics.de
Cor Fuhler, Whistlelight, from http://www.erstwhilerecords.com/

Both are amazing, but Feldstaerken really beyond belief.
Real time, straight to record.

YES! Excited that you mentioned these.. my two most favorite solo synth discs.
opsysbug
Oh Yea -Thomas Lehn is awesome. He is on some Erstwhile releases as well. I saw Coh Fuller play With Gert Jan Prins in NYC years ago. Neither
one of them was too responsive to my geek gear love attempts at conversation after the show...oh well... meh
don h
Thomas is very friendly, very happy to talk about his use of his EMS.
He's extremely precise with how he positions it, himself and his monitoring.
His approach to live improv has the same technical mastery one would expect from a concert pianist, and he is extremely responsive to whatever else is sounding. His Synthi is well worn, he fully uses it.
Once I got Feldstarken, it stayed in my cd player for over two months straight, split by a week, then another whole month.
I'm still not over it!
Mood Organ
Thanks for the recommendations. I saw Thomas Lehn and Gerry Hemingway play in Pittsburgh 5ish years ago and was frankly blown away.
opsysbug
Hey kfw are you still hanging out around here ?
Been buying some goodies from your fabulous record store...great stuff !!
kfw
hey guys ; check this out ::

http://soundcloud.com/kfw

just put up a live-set from last night ; straight eurorack blowout ...
goiks
thanks!
opsysbug
Yea nice. I danced. It's peanut butter jelly time!
knich
Really like that new live set he put up.
MrBiggs
opsysbug wrote:
Hey kfw are you still hanging out around here ?
Been buying some goodies from your fabulous record store...great stuff !!

Hey opsybug, I think he's still around.
I casually mentioned in a post a few weeks ago that I was selling a couple of A110s. I get a pm from someone, "KFW," that he'd like to take them off my hands. Needless to say I was pretty surprised when the guy sent me his address and it was Keith. I kind of felt like I was sending a used guitar to Eric Clapton. Or something like that. It almost made me rethink the sale: "Hm, if Keith Fullerton Whitman wants these A110s, maybe I should just get better use out of them...."
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2