MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Return of the PLL Arabesque
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Return of the PLL Arabesque

Navs

Using a min/max analogue logic module as a phase comparator. Inspired by dougcl's classic PLL patches and Giftnudel at sequencer.de

http://navsmodularlab.blogspot.com/2012/02/potd-return-of-pll-arabesqu e.html

Not as pretty as the originals, but it works grin

sundog

A really inspiring post for such a cheap module. Min Max is definitely on the shopping list. Thanks for this applause

Liddlepud

Nav's you're a hero.

Thankfully this is a module I already own so for once I won't need to spend anymore money after reading your blog.

chamomileshark

Interesting - I didn't know these were part of the wogglebug

Popski

Awesome!!

Not awesome: gear lust after hearing your PEG demo.

Navs

Cheers, guys, but the credit goes to others for this one applause

mark_snipz

dougcl's original still sends a shiver down my spine, even more so after visiting Morocco last year and realising how "arabesque" it actually sounds.

macs4music

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm just trying this out now! Can I ask what it means when you say 'the minimum is subtracted from the maximum'? Do you have a schematic at all? Brill work!

Neil

AAG

Thanks, macs4music, for bumping this thread!

Really inspiring stuff.

dkcg

You're making me miss euro Navs.

Doug's Arabesque patch is a classic. I think I may have ordered a Doepfer PLL immediately after I saw/heard that.

Navs

macs4music wrote:
Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm just trying this out now! Can I ask what it means when you say 'the minimum is subtracted from the maximum'?

Haha! Zombie threads rise like old friends smile

macs4music, use a polarizing mixer or invert the 'min' signal to subtract it from the 'max' in a normal mixer ...

Maths is not just the name of a popular module, it's what we do all the time when patching: a VCA, for example, is a multiplier. It multiplies one signal by another. A mixer is an adder, it gives you the sum of its inputs.

So, for the PLL patch, we're adding a positive value with a negative value. In effect subtracting: 1 plus minus 1 = 0 etc.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I find it helps. You can use this simple maths to generate all manner of complexity in your patches.

dkcg wrote:
You're making me miss euro Navs.

You'll be back twisted lol

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1