MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
With the closure of the MW store the forum has gone back to being 100% community funded. To help us out the lovely Ross Lamond has put together an awesome raffle! You could win a complete modular system or one of many other great prizes. Please see the stickied thread in the For Sale subforum for details! It's my hope that we can raise our all our hosting costs through a once-yearly event like this. Thanks and good luck!

Compatible audio interface
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Compatible audio interface

oldenjon

Now, I'm also in the market for a new audio interface. But i have this new requirement, 'DC coupled', to consider. I've seen the list of compatible devices on expert sleepers' website but it seems that this list is a bit limited and is mostly based on user feedback.

Anywho, I've looked at a few cards and i've noticed that they'll say
"Accepts unbalanced signals", but that the connectors are 'Balanced'.
What does this mean, and what should i be looking for?

Can anyone recommend a good interface in the lower price range for me? I like the idea of a pci / pci express sound card to save real estate.

Thanks in advance

os

I'd suggest an interface with ADAT out, and then get an ES-3.

oldenjon

os wrote:
I'd suggest an interface with ADAT out, and then get an ES-3.

i don't have a modular, so that's not really an option.

os

A Doepfer MiniCase is a cheap way to house and power an ES-3.

oldenjon

i found a good deal on an echo audiofire 4. it's small and has an adequate number of dc-coupled outputs i think?

os

Four outputs isn't very many, especially if you're going to be using 2 of those for your monitor speakers.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1