MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

help! only 2 octaves with ES-3?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author help! only 2 octaves with ES-3?

akrylik

I am using Ableton Live with MOTU 828mk3 and ES-3. In Live I created one audio track and one midi track. In the midi track I inserted the SilentWay voicecontroller_vsti plugin and routed its outs to my first 2 ADAT channels (labeled 15/16 in Live). In the audio track I routed the input from my modular to the voicecontroller_vsti plugin sitting in the midi track.

On the modular I simply have channel 1 of the ES-3 plugged into my Z3000's CV IN (all knobs are 12'o clock). Square wave is patched directly out.

I hit the calibrate button in SilentWay and all I get is 2 octaves. For those 2 octaves the calibration seems accurate. Like this:

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

os

All channel faders at 0db in Live?

akrylik

Yes.

os

Likewise in Cuemix or whatever it is the 828mk3 comes with?

akrylik

Ah yes, I had some levels turned down in cuemix because otherwise the signals coming down would blow up my headphones. So I put them all back to 0db and unplugged the headphones. Now I get this:

Why is the calibration so sensitive to loudness?

akrylik

That discontinuity in the middle happens when its calibrating the last bit of the high frequencies. It looks like it wraps around at some point and overwrites the middle part.

os

In the Voice Controller's Output Matrix, try turning the pitch channel down to 0.5 (from 1.0) and calibrating again.

akrylik

That worked. Now I have 7 octaves. BTW, where does silentway expect my oscillator to be tuned before calibrating?

os

It expects nothing - it should be able to cope with whatever it happens to be set to.

akrylik

Got it. Thank you very much for your time!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1