MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jones O'Tool Oscilloscope module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next [all]
Author Jones O'Tool Oscilloscope module
wsy
There is another solution. Not as small, or perhaps as elegant, but more full-featured.

As to the AD converter, an AD9201 will set you back ten dollars and change at DigiKey, and it's a current-production device
from Analog Devices. 10 bits x 2 channels at 20 MHz, which is overkill for this application (but it means we can do a "freebie" software-defined radio to
tune AM stations if we want to. I say "what the hell, go for it!"). It can run at 2.7 to 5.5 volts so it's pretty much "anything goes".

Then the processor- for ease, pick from plug-and-play options: Arduino Mega/Due, Raspberry Pi, or Beaglebone Black. Mega
is maybe not fast enough (20 MHz), Due is more than fast enough (80 MHz, 3.3V) and Raspberry / Beaglebone are way more than
enough (>1 GHz).... so maybe the choice/availability of the display will be the driving factor.

All three options will cost you under $40 for the CPU on a card, $40 for the display, and so all you need to do is build the AD card
(which will need input protections, make no mistake about that) and encoder knobs/function switches, and then you're good to go.

Why haven't I done this? Because:

seriously, i just don't get it I'm up to my alligators in 'scopes already
    eek! This would be a big module no matter what - 12 to 15 HP in Eurorack or at least 2 MUs wide
    zombie I'm out of space in my racks

although you could put a lot of more functionality into it if you did it on the Beaglebone, like full AMS with it's sequencers and vocoder, or an agile tuner for AM, and all that.

- Bill
Kummer
We are all waiting. I just hope he makes enough because they are going to sell like hot cakes.
vanderLooy
+1

also would like to have one SlayerBadger!
RMNC
I want to urge that whenever the successor to the O'tool arrives, it should have the capability to read the Doepfer bus +/-12V +5V power to a few decimal places. I noticed the little Division 6 VM does this and think it's a jolly good idea considering I can hear the difference when my A-100PMS12 is fully vs partially loaded. IANAEE, hopefully no tricky isolation issues...
SpecG
+1 eyes...
echochorus
Kummer wrote:
We are all waiting. I just hope he makes enough because they are going to sell like hot cakes.

Exactly!
icenine
Has anyone heard of any updates? I'm certainly in the market for a module such as this.
0netwo0netwo
there is one for auction on ebay, but i believe its going to get out of hand

heres the link if youd care to partake

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121750345338?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPa geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ive been communicating with Dave and he indeed said the new one will be a new version of the O Tool he didnt give any specifics but he said

" The original version is out of production.

This will be the "O'Tool Plus". It is an improved version with much better
accuracy, stability, and a few new features."

im thinking Oct - Nov
StanleyHiller
man, $355 and it still has over a day left. Yeah, I'm definitely interested in getting my hands on one of these too, but not for 400+ dollars. Especially when I've already got a Boss TU-2 and a close friend with an oscilloscope.

Looking forward to the "Plus" version
Flipster
Yes, this will be way to expensive in the end.
I think I wrote some messages with Dave about a year ago and he stated much the same about it. And no matter who you hear from it's always about two months until the new version should be ready. By now I kind of gave up.

Also this (see below) just popped up on Modular Grid which could do the same. It's twice as big and in prototype status BUT I will definitely get it if it's going to be released earlier to the new O'Tool!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-mordax-data-prototype
suckspit
bfessler wrote:

Getting close to pre-order time! We tested the machining of the display window today; very tight and flush fit.

It's peanut butter jelly time!

this was just posted on the mordax thread, btw.
Flipster
Yes Miley Cyrus
0netwo0netwo
i dont have enough room for that lol
sinemod
Update ????
vintagesynthlab
Also wondering if there is any update on the availability of this module?
Kummer
I really hope this is still happening.
msun
I'm looking for one of these too. It's the best idea put the oscilloscope right in the rack - brilliant.
FatRocky
angry hey , where┬┤s the new thing?
Plumbstone
Does anyone know where we will order this from when it finally arrives? There doesn't seem to be any sort of link to either suppliers or an on-line store on the website?
silkynight
i keep lighting the little lanterns every sunday. Join the cult we're not worthy we're not worthy
Funky40
is Dave doing fine ?
i wonder about all that delay.........
0netwo0netwo
lets all chant Dave's name

Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave

It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!

hope all is good Dave

when we gonna get to see the new TOOLS!!?

Dead Banana
metaBit
Was really hoping to get a v2 for Christmas. Please Santa? Anyone heard any news on this lately?
strawberry
I need all the help I can get, so please hurry thumbs up
fringe
Ahhhhh, where?? help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next [all]
Page 34 of 36