MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

I'm waffling more than IHOP!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author I'm waffling more than IHOP!

Popski

Finally started a new(ish) job and will have a bit of cash soon and my plan was to jump on over to 5U.. slowly, one module a month or so (yeah right)..

everytime I play around with the Euro though I think.. ahhh fuck it.. I'm committed to this lil guy right here..

and then I think about how awesome a 5U would play with the M5N and Voyager and Moogerfoogers and I change my mind..

back and forth I go.
so.. yeah..

I think I've gotta do this.

JohnLRice

Have both, it's the only way to be sure! hyper hihi thumbs up

Scooter McCrae

JLR speaks truth to power!

(By truth, I mean the love between 5U and Eurorack, and by power, I mean 110 Volts AC)

Scooter McCrae

whitewulfe

I know the feeling... I spent over a year contemplating between euro and MU before finally committing to MU... There's a lot of enticing options in euro (especially for FSU!).

Hey John, you still at only that one Happy ending kit, or did your euro expand?

JohnLRice

whitewulfe wrote:
Hey John, you still at only that one Happy ending kit, or did your euro expand?

I'm up to 3 rows. oops But I swear, this is as large as it will ever get though! hihi

whitewulfe

JohnLRice wrote:
I'm up to 3 rows. oops But I swear, this is as large as it will ever get though! hihi

I can't quite make it out there... What kind of crazy stuff do you have hidden in there?

it growwwwws, and it's aliiiiive!

fac

Go for it! Hetero all the way.

Popski

hmmm.. it's weird that no one on this site tried to convince me to put my money into house repair..

let's see.. final tally:

Wigglers: 10
Wife: 1

5U it is
applause applause

JohnLRice

lol

thumbs up

dude

fuck your house. 5u and euro can work if you want it to. i am maybe thinking of a second euro row. feeling great with 1 diy 5u row and 4 wondrous rows of modcan b. all rack rails atm but the modcan is going to be moving to a case.

justin3am

Contrary to popular beliefe, IHOP is not primarily known for their waffles... It's all about the hash browns.
Now if you haven't already, you need to get you some Waffle House waffles. Roscoe' Chicken and Waffles is also a good place to go for waffles.

wmonk

Popski wrote:
hmmm.. it's weird that no one on this site tried to convince me to put my money into house repair..

Everyone knows that the best way to repair a fragile wall is by replacing it with a wall of 5U!

Mr. Green

theinnerpalm

justin3am wrote:
Contrary to popular beliefe, IHOP is not primarily known for their waffles... It's all about the hash browns.
Now if you haven't already, you need to get you some Waffle House waffles. Roscoe' Chicken and Waffles is also a good place to go for waffles.

yes. i was thinking that this thread should be named "i'm waffling more than waffle house!" roscoe's would be good too! not everyone has been blessed to have been to both though.

sempervirent

Popski wrote:

Wigglers: 10
Wife: 1

Make that 11.

JohnLRice wrote:
Have both, it's the only way to be sure! :hyper: :hihi: :tu:

Hey, don't I know you from Gearslutz?

BTByrd

Get both. It is inevitable. You will be assimilated.

But seriously, having both formats available really increases your options. Format choice was a big issue for me... I kept "waffling" like yourself. But ultimately, with a 5U/Euro hybrid I don't feel like I've really missed out on anything (except, perhaps, for the Buchla 222e experience). For space reasons, I opted to go with a much larger Euro system compared to the MOTM. If it were feasible, I'd really like a giant wall o' Modcan/MOTM/Oakley to go with my giant wall of Eurorack (and of course.... some Buchla MARF). But for now I'm very, very happy with my hybrid setup.

It's highly recommended, especially if you've got a Voyager or M5N around. My 5U and my Voyager are best pals. And they all play so nicely with Euro as well...

It keeps growing though. Well, the Euro anyway. I started out with a 9U Doepfer suitcase. Then it swelled into a Gemini. And then I added a Skiff. And now there's a Base90 on the way. And I'm thinking about another skiff. Crack.

Popski

1) I'm from Canada, we don't have Waffle House up here on the hinterland.
2) I'm doing it! 5U here we goooooo...

I'll post my comical photo of my 5U in the photos section shortly..

whitewulfe

Popski wrote:
1) I'm from Canada, we don't have Waffle House up here on the hinterland.
2) I'm doing it! 5U here we goooooo...

I'll post my comical photo of my 5U in the photos section shortly..

There's an ihop here in Edmonton ^_^

In regards to the whole euro thing... I dunno, I'd consider it, especially given all the lovely stuff from WMD, Harvestman, and a few others... But if I ever did something like that, it would probably be a dedicated FSU rig ^_^

Popski

Yeah, the IHOP in Edmonton is pretty piss poor IMO. Like a sub-par Denny's, which is almost an impressive achievement.

I've got a pretty robust Euro for full-on FSU / processing SU.. but I'm most def going 5U... I just needed a final mental push from Wiggleland.

whitewulfe

Popski wrote:
Yeah, the IHOP in Edmonton is pretty piss poor IMO. Like a sub-par Denny's, which is almost an impressive achievement.

Ah, thanks for the warning then - I'll stick to Ikea (and superstore salads, mmm) for lunch then ^_^ And yeah, that is... an impressive description.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1