MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Double-Deka is Shipping !!! Now with PICS !!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Double-Deka is Shipping !!! Now with PICS !!!!

kindredlost

photogenic like Marilyn Monroe.

Nice pics guys.

I haven't been this excited about a module in a long time.

bwhittington

Just installed mine an hour ago. It is a masterpiece. Particularly loving the VC octave switch mix and glorious FM sounds so far. Definitely would pick up more if they are made available. Thanks for your good work, Doug and Ian.

Cheers,
Brian

goom

Congratulations for getting your DoubleDekas. Please do us all a favor and post some MP3s!

Just me

Bank B patched to Ring in. Output DC. An EG patched to Lin FM. Octaves at 2 & 3. Keyboard CV to1V/oct.
Now switch that Output between AC and DC!
It's motherfucking bacon yo

goom

And to Doug - all I can say is WOW! Those modules look great! Will you be offering more of these in the future? Thanks to Ian for a great design as well!

zapp550

I can't wait until the other batches start shipping out. I can't help but think they would look best in pairs...

Bryan B

#7 Arrived while I was at work (thanks to my wonderful lady).

I made an SSL section with the TTLFO, DDVCO, Segwencer IV and the Digital Delay.
I also parked a Yusynth Arp clone filter, Dotcom ADSR and VCA close by.
This VCO is fantastic! The range is very large (the coarse freq is actually coarse and the fine really helps dial it in).
The Mix with CV control is invaluable. I didn't use the individual bank outs except at the end to check that they worked.
It is really amazing how much affect a single slider can have on the overall timbre.
I found you could go from very thin to nice and bassy with only a little bit of focused tweaking.

I have yet to try it out in the DC/LFO range. That will be a whole other session!
The last picture sums up my feelings for this module and everyone who made it possible.

spinach_pizza

lfo tri to segwencer depth in
bank A to segwencer VCA 1 in
segwencer outs to exp fm, lin fm, sync, ring
then twist lots of knobs, flip switches, and (as Ian said) shove the sliders around!

Ockeghem

wsy wrote:
Doug:

If you keep getting this much love shown for the DDVCO, you might
want to consider adding it to your standard lineup. hmmm.....

Especially if you can make a profit at it. 8_)

- Bill

I agree!

essex sound lab

Wow, great to see all these units installed already.

Can't wait to get back to Lenox this week and visit my postmaster. It's peanut butter jelly time!

robotmakers

Audio, please! I still have no idea what this thing sounds like.

Cheers,
Roger

sduck

Really? There are tons of demos of it out there. Ian's page has some great ones, which I think are duped on the bridechamber page. I made a video demo of the sliders in action and have used it in numerous patches that are on my soundcloud page. But maybe not exactly what you're looking for - it's a fairly deep module, there are lots of possibilities, and this new version adds some new features and functionality, although the sounds are basically the same.

robotmakers

Thanks. It's a beautiful looking module, an ingenious idea and a technical tour de force. Congratulations to all involved.

Sincerely,
Roger

decaying.sine

bwhittington wrote:
Definitely would pick up more if they are made available.

I saw that photo of Doug's back end design of the main and panel boards. Just beautiful and brilliant. That has to mean more will be on the way!

fac

decaying.sine wrote:

I saw that photo of Doug's back end.... Just beautiful and brilliant.

pbear :(

Nutter!

kindredlost

Nice pics BryanB.

My payment was late so I'll get the last of this run for sure cry waah

rico loverde

absolutely beautiful Doug!

this is the first time in awhile Ive really regretted not having a 5U anymore. (hides)

im not even sure if im allowed to be posting this section anymore hihi

Christopher Winkels

This is one of those occasions where I kick myself for being in a different country. Dammit, I want my module! angry

dslocum

Chris,

You're not in a different country - I am!

sonicwarrior

diophantine wrote:
Are you insinuating that my modular is not a spaceship?!?! waah

Your's maybe a spaceship. wink

zapp550 wrote:
I can't help but think they would look best in pairs...

Has anyone ordered a pair?

emc2

Those look really nice.

Just me

A Short demo of the DDVCO. This is just the DDVCO driven by an 8 note sequence and 2 LFO's. 1 LFO mixes the banks and the other modulates the Octave of 1 bank. There is no filter used.

dslocum

Congrats! Nice s..t. And the first video or audio we've heard, if I'm not mistaken.

Just me

And here is another one. The video is complete crap as I tried for a small file size and it got killed.

frijitz

Just me wrote:
A Short demo of the DDVCO. This is just the DDVCO driven by an 8 note sequence and 2 LFO's. 1 LFO mixes the banks and the other modulates the Octave of 1 bank. There is no filter used.

Great demos! Both done without moving the sliders! You make it sound like you own it, already. If that's your style, I think you were made for each other. Thanks for posting.

Ian

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6