MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Double-Deka is Shipping !!! Now with PICS !!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Double-Deka is Shipping !!! Now with PICS !!!!

sduck

Wow! The "extra" features are the biggies that are missing from the original version. Great work!

Now all we need is some way to cv the waveform sliders - preferably through the temporal lobe interface you've been working on, right?

dslocum

That would mean that you'll need to take off the tin-foil helmet you've been wearing! lol

dslocum

sduck - What about a Walsh function generator with all Walsh functions VC'ed? HUGE HUGE jack panel, unless I can figure out a better interface.

Hmmm?

EDIT- Whole other thread, no doubt.

sduck

Hmmmm backatcha

I had to google Walsh function generators. Now I know just enough to be dangerous. The ninjas are on their way, gotta put the tin foil hat back on so they can't find me Ninja

JohnLRice

Bryan B wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:
Holy crap. eek!

I mean. Holy crap eek!

love love love love love love love

Agreed! nanners
+plus! MY ASS IS BLEEDING

nlaudadio

TIL about Walsh functions and the Walsh matrix. Thanks Muffs!

frijitz

"Why not my elves?"
(Don Featherstone, inventor of the pink flamingo, lamenting its success)

Jsantos360

Sh@@@@@wing! eek!

Jsantos360

dslocum wrote:
And don't forget that this is also a two channel 10 stage sequencer!

eek! How so? hmmm.....

Christopher Winkels

Every day, in every way, I am more and more thankful that I decided to subscribe to this module. Rawk! Clap

diophantine

Jsantos360 wrote:
dslocum wrote:

eek! How so? hmmm.....

The output AC/DC switch.

Looks fantastic! Really looking forward to it!
Thanks so much, Doug & Ian!!

CF3

Holy crap! eek!
I refuse to believe it's even real. Wow! fap fap fap...

dude

fuck yeah! now those are the fucking pics i was talking about. jfc. y'all know what the fuck you are doing. i would love to try one of these out at some point. are there any dotcomers around clev. with one of these on the way?

spinach_pizza

Beautiful - both the front and the back! hihi

dslocum

Frankly - I'm an ass man, myself! 8_) Does it show?

dslocum

dude wrote:
fuck yeah! now those are the fucking pics i was talking about. jfc. y'all know what the fuck you are doing. i would love to try one of these out at some point. are there any dotcomers around clev. with one of these on the way?

Sorry dude, Cleveland has just been cordoned off to MOTM synth geeks. Please petition your local and state Governments for access. Dead Banana hyper

Jsantos360

diophantine wrote:
Jsantos360 wrote:
dslocum wrote:

eek! How so? hmmm.....

The output AC/DC switch.

Can't wait to see a video demo showing off this feature! thumbs up

sonicwarrior

dslocum wrote:
The rest should be early to mid next week.

Nice ... and good timing: Today I've finally finished my first PSU and power distribution.

The DD looks like a mixture between Moon and Oakley style on the back. thumbs up

nlaudadio

Christopher Winkels wrote:
Every day, in every way, I am more and more thankful that I decided to subscribe to this module. Rawk! Clap

Yes. And I hate in my bones that tomorrow is Sunday and that pretty much guarantees that I will not yet be basking in the glow of its pretty pretty lights.

fac

dslocum wrote:
Frankly - I'm an ass man, myself! 8_) Does it show?

Thankfully, it doesn't. hihi

Bryan B

The Aharmonious Sync Mode allows it to step through each part of the waveform (shift input for sequencer mode) right? Harmonious Sync must be waveform reset?

Does the Ring input affect the Ultra High Frequency core or the resulting bank outputs (or both)? Could you use the signal from an Oscillator like a normal Ring Mod or does it need an ultra high frequency input (or only form another DD)?

Like Mr. Winkels, I plan to explore all of the possibilities of every hole on this beast. oops

frijitz

Bryan B wrote:
The Aharmonious Sync Mode allows it to step through each part of the waveform (shift input for sequencer mode) right? Harmonious Sync must be waveform reset?
Does the Ring input affect the Ultra High Frequency core or the resulting bank outputs (or both)? Could you use the signal from an Oscillator like a normal Ring Mod or does it need an ultra high frequency input (or only form another DD)?

Yeah, I guess this might be a good time to go over those functions. hihi

First, the terms "Ring Modulator" and "Sync" are used very loosly, just to give a vague idea of what they do. As Bryan points out, you have to think about both the oscillator core and the counter defining the waveshape. Furthermore, there are two inputs to the counter that come into play. The results are different from on ordinary VCOs, and you may or may not find them useful.

First the "Ring Modulator". The input signal is squared up by a comparator and then sent to the Reset pin of the counter. So while the input is activate (>0) the counter is held at step one of the waveform. That's right, the output depends on where you have the first slider set! The RM input does not affect the core oscillator. So it acts similarly to a multiplication of the RM signal with the output waveform.

The "Sync" input affects both the core oscillator and the counter. First, the input is squared up and its edge fires a one-shot pulse. The edge of this pulse is used to hard-sync the VCO core. By itself, this is a rather weak effect, since it merely adjusts the position of the next stage of the counter.

In "Anharmonic Sync" mode, the squared-up input also controls the Enable pin of the counter. So the waveform just stops advancing as long as the input signal is positive.

In "Harmonic Sync" mode, the squared-up input controls the Enable pin and the one-shot pulse controls the Reset pin of the counter (along with the core VCO). The Reset is what makes it more "harmonic".

This is very confusing, I know. (I know because I always have to go over it myself to remember how it works.) Hopefully, the demo clips help somewhat.

Oh, and you can use both RM and Sync modes at the same time, if you want to.

Ian

Bryan B

Thanks for the in depth response Ian. This information will be put to good use! I love how many different ways to use this there are.

nlaudadio

Here's the only good thing to come of a massively lame week:

I think mine lost a knob somewhere between here and NJ, but I think it gives it character.

EDIT: Another photo

EDIT 2: holyshitilovethisthing

zapp550

I can't wait till mine ships out hyper

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 3 of 6