MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

Addac VCO 701... worth it?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Addac VCO 701... worth it?

DonKartofflo

GOD i really don't make any easy decisions very frustrating

For two Months now i#ve been thinking about which oscillator I should get for my first eurorack, sometimes I think "thats it" and then the next beast comes round the corner and my world breaks down help
my newest oscillator love is the ADDAC VCO 701, a copy of the club of the knobs c 921 oscillator quite a pricey and complicated Module.. 400 Eurobucks is it eek!

Was listening to some sound samples of the raw waveforms:

c 921 Waves

And loved the sound..
but really, for 400, I could also get me two pittsburgh oscs or two vcobs which is a hard competition for every single vco.

So maybe you guys have a listen and give me your thoughts if the ADDAC module is worth it's exorbitant price thumbs up

stromcat

not tried it, and maybe this is unhelpful, but there's really no "bad" oscillators - if it's holding you up from even getting started, I think you should just take the plunge and get something. VCOb sounds great (I have tried them) and yeah - being able to get two for the price of one is probably more important than the ADDAC one even being subjectively 'better'.

lightworks

The oscillator on the youtube video it's the COTK C921B, not the C921.
The C921 offers you more possibilities.

i've already had the pleasure try the ADDAC C921 version and i can tell you it sounds really amazing.
That said, when you see how much trimming is involved to tune everything tight you'll understand the price.

I'm pretty sure André will release audio demos very soon thumbs up

lightworks

you'll probably have a more enlightened opinion about this VCO over the 5U forum, since this module has been around on that format for a while

DonKartofflo

oh that's nice that some user experience come into play here Mr. Green
if it's that fat, and really good sounding, i'm willing to enlarge my vco budget hmmm.....

i was wondering why there are no audio demos, even no official addac ones confused

how would you describe the sound?

lightworks

well, it's really hard to describe the sound without falling on silly cliches like "it's super fat and rich, awesome bass etc..." but i think it really is seriously, i just don't get it

I don't own one yet, but i'll definitely get one at some point.

I have no experience with the oscillators you stated above, but i think you should just find the one that matches your needs and go for it!

__ag

There's a new video online about the VCO:

Reptil

sweet sound!

Soy Sos

I suggest as you're just getting your system going, 2 oscillators are better than 1. Get ones that can double as LFOs later down the line and have more fun with FM, doubling, harmony, detuning and the rest. See if you can find a pair of something in BST or 2 different kinds.

1 oscillator can get pretty boring quick, don't forget basic stuff like mixer, attenuators, etc....

ianross

the sound is just so beautiful in that demo ADDAC.

How are you getting polyphony? Are the oscillators tuned that way or are you using some module to get polyphonic mode?

Love how musical the demo is : )

__ag

Thanks Ian!

The polyphony comes from the 3 independent channels of ADDAC501 Complex Random in Quantized Mode!

all the very best
andre

e m s a h p

I dig this f* video andre !!!! sweeeeeet sound !!!!!
w00t

mono-poly

Nice sounds!

qued76

I too am cinsidering purchasing this oscillator

DonKartofflo

Purchased it and will do some sweet demos very soon thumbs up
It is the most beautiful euro module i have ever seen (apart from the addac fixed filter bank. that red is godly!) applause

Entrainer

DonKartofflo wrote:
400 Eurobucks is it eek!

That's wierd... the 5U version of the C921 is only €285 for the complete
full-tilt module
. Usually Euro versions of modules are less expensive.
Modcan certainly is.

:vaseline:

brickman

Any chance of a demo of a single 701 ?

DonKartofflo

Entrainer wrote:
DonKartofflo wrote:
400 Eurobucks is it eek!

That's wierd... the 5U version of the C921 is only €285 for the complete
full-tilt module
. Usually Euro versions of modules are less expensive.
Modcan certainly is.

:vaseline:

I think it may be because addac is a very small manufacturer who builds pretty small batches. COTK in comparison is a pretty big 5U manufacturer, so he can buy stuff in larger batches and sell more...
It looks nice next to a certain dual wavetable vco btw hihi

DonKartofflo

brickman wrote:
Any chance of a demo of a single 701 ?

gonna do one once I have passed my final exams thumbs up

tiny333

Have you passed yet ?

Coz we are waiting

seriously, i just don't get it

flo

tiny333 wrote:
Have you passed yet ?

Coz we are waiting

seriously, i just don't get it

His and my demos of the 701 are here.

It's worth every cent this osc.

tiny333

Thank you flo

Yeah i know i have just caught a bad addac bug

Saving as we speak

Xx

thumbs up

flo

This Addac bug that you speak of, it's bugging me for some time as well... hihi

You will not regret it though...

proturboplus

Speaking of the 701s, I really would like to hear them going thru a ladder filter like a108, rs100s or mf101. Inserting a .mix in between would be the cherry of the cake.... hyper

tiny333

I noticed your bug flo

You lucky man what units have you got atm ??

Im selling a bunch of stuff atm to fund an ultra wav

The 8 selectable samples just make that killer

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3