MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cv to midi?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Author Cv to midi?
DanielW
I'm soon getting the Koma pedals. Can't wait to try some stuff out, and one of them is controlling midi gear with the IR sensors. Anyone tried this? Would obviously involve some kind of cv to midi interface.
Robert Moob
DanielW wrote:
I'm soon getting the Koma pedals. Can't wait to try some stuff out, and one of them is controlling midi gear with the IR sensors. Anyone tried this? Would obviously involve some kind of cv to midi interface.

Hi Daniel, that should work fine... the sensor puts out a voltage from 0V to +8V with an offset from about 0,2V.
We don't have a CV-to-Midi converter in the office. So we really would be interested ourselves how the results are! Something like this http://www.doepfer.de/a192.htm should do the job!

hyper
DanielW
Yes, I guess it's either A-192 or a used Kenton Kontrolfreak.
DanielW
phaserjunktoy wrote:

We don't have a CV-to-Midi converter in the office. So we really would be interested ourselves how the results are! Something like this http://www.doepfer.de/a192.htm should do the job!

hyper

You really should get an A-192 yourselves! Imagine the sales pitch you could make with demos of the Kommander controlling say, a Machinedrum or an Octatrack.

Or better, release the Kommander with an onboard cv to midi converter and midi out! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
Robert Moob
you may be right. hey, if you buy such an converter, please make a demo an post it here! we're not worthy

it's definetly fun to control midi gear via CV! i once used a technosaurus cyclodon to control the soundchip of the ATARI ST1040 via the internal midi and a cv-to-midi conversion done by the novation bass station rack version... that was great! grin if you get a used bass station rack for cheap, that might be a solution. it's a nice synth and it can work as a cv-to-midi and a midi-to-cv converter!

the KOMA Elektronik pedals don't have midi, because they're build as true analogue devices... and they're fully packed inside. there would be no space for midi or the size of the housing would get bigger. and it would make the pedals more expensive. plus we think, most customers who buy such a pedal with a patchbay will use it in an analogue context. of course, if we're wrong and get more and more midi requests, we might think about it again. right now you will have to get some kind of cv-to-midi conversion.... all interfaces that work with roland or doepfer should also work with the KOMA Elektronik pedals!

the KOMMANDER also can be used with everything that understands CV/Gate and will have small jacks especially for use with eurorack. it will have no midi, but it also will only cost you a bargain of 59,-EUR (or 79,-USD, i think).
DanielW
phaserjunktoy wrote:

the KOMMANDER also can be used with everything that understands CV/Gate and will have small jacks especially for use with eurorack. it will have no midi, but it also will only cost you a bargain of 59,-EUR (or 79,-USD, i think).

Oh, that wasn't too expensive. Guess I'll have to get one then too.
Robert Moob
wasn't sure about the KOMMANDER U.S. price... it'll be 75,-USD.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Page 1 of 1