MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Want to read threads backwards? (Last post first)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Author Want to read threads backwards? (Last post first)
Muff Wiggler
Well, now you can.

Hit the profile link up top

In the 'Preferences' section, the very first item, "Post Order" is brand new.

Choose if you want 'newest posts first' or not.

The default is having this off (classic, last-post-last behaviour)

But go ahead and turn it on if you prefer it that way.

And have fun! hyper Guinness ftw! Mr. Green love w00t SlayerBadger!
BananaPlug
It will definitely make the PlanB threads seem more hopeful. hihi
Muff Wiggler
lol
synthetic
You can also click on the little page icon in the "last post" column to jump to the latest post in the thread.
wetterberg
she izza working again! YAY!
Muff Wiggler
wetterberg wrote:
she izza working again! YAY!

awesome SlayerBadger!

i didn't change anything either

you just had the old version of the script 'stuck' somewhere and it needed to expire

anyway, that's a relief, thanks!
Muff Wiggler
synthetic wrote:
You can also click on the little page icon in the "last post" column to jump to the latest post in the thread.

absolutely! and if you turn on the 'backwards' feature (personally I don't....), that link will STILL take you to the latest post, but this time it's at the start of the thread.

Reversing the threads is a cool feature - I would have never done it, and won't ever use it myself, but it was requested by a user, and I'm sure some folks will use it. Anyway, I like having options, and this one was fun to implement, throwing me a couple of curveballs along the way.
attacksustain
well this is freaky. Everything looks normal, except when I get a notification email about a thread I posted in, that link always takes me to page 1 of the thread instead of the latest posts.

example link: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=616#67681
Muff Wiggler
attacksustain wrote:
well this is freaky. Everything looks normal, except when I get a notification email about a thread I posted in, that link always takes me to page 1 of the thread instead of the latest posts.

do you have the new "last posts first" feature enabled, or disabled in your profile?
attacksustain
Muff Wiggler wrote:
attacksustain wrote:

do you have the new "last posts first" feature enabled, or disabled in your profile?

It was set to 'no'. I flipped it to yes, and the link now does what I expected (takes me to the latest posts), but they're now on page 1 instead of 22.

Something to get used to I guess.
attacksustain
attacksustain wrote:

It was set to 'no'. I flipped it to yes, and the link now does what I expected (takes me to the latest posts), but they're now on page 1 instead of 22.

Something to get used to I guess.

actually, newest post at the top of the page and having to scroll down and then back up to read chronologically makes my head hurt.
I think I'll leave it off.
Muff Wiggler
makes my head hurt as well - definately not for me! But some users wanted it, so here it is.

When you turn it on, then back off again - does the original (pre-modification) functionality come back? it's all fine for me, running in 'classic' mode and I have no problems.
attacksustain
No, still takes me to the first post in the thread back in Feb 2008.
Muff Wiggler
weak, sorry about that.

give me about a day, i bet i can fix it....working on a few other things now

sorry & thanks!
attacksustain
Muff Wiggler wrote:
weak, sorry about that.

give me about a day, i bet i can fix it....working on a few other things now

sorry & thanks!

no worries, thanks for everything you do to keep this place running.
Muff Wiggler
my pleasure!
wetterberg
I get the exact same problem as attacksustain; go to the "new reply" link from the email, and you see the very first page of the thread - so it seems that "it's fixed" but it's a static setting of "yes, backwards" from the email notifications :(
Muff Wiggler
don't worry!

i'll fix the emails tomorrow

i promise w00t
wetterberg
Yay! :-D
KNYST
Great feature, Mike!
This was actually on my want list :-)
sicpaul
Hi,

after getting a little common to all this lovely threads,
I prefer the newest first order on threads I know.
But very often I have to look at the original 1st post
to update my brain...

To crown this forum I suggest a third order:
1st post on top followed by newest post order.

Genius threads, where the original post is held up to date, would be much easier to read. For example:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55475&start=0&postda ys=0&postorder=desc&highlight=

Best regards.

PS: absolutly great forum !!! I can't imagine how I could live without before
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Page 1 of 1