MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Let's hear your stories about why this is called EuroCRACK
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Let's hear your stories about why this is called EuroCRACK

J

polyroy wrote:
J wrote:
polyroy wrote:
My shoes have a massive hole in the sole from riding bmx, but instead of buying new ones, I bought a module.


lol

and is the reason your shoes have holes is cause you spent the money for brakes on modules?


It's because I don't have money to buy new rims when they get wonky (precious module money), so riding brakeless solves the problem lol


hihi


suboptimal

I grew my system until it was so big that I couldn't comfortably patch it anymore in the space that I have.

So now I'm selling off modules I use less to buy more expensive modules, thus shrinking the system while making it, ultimately, even more irrational. SlayerBadger!


Bendu

suboptimal wrote:
I grew my system until it was so big that I couldn't comfortably patch it anymore in the space that I have.

So now I'm selling off modules I use less to buy more expensive modules, thus shrinking the system while making it, ultimately, even more irrational. SlayerBadger!


This has to be the post of the month. we're not worthy


nickster

The evil little b'stard of all is the subtlest form of Eurocracked. Which is when the module that is about to come out prevents you from buying the module that is already out. You think you are in control and being smart. But in fact you are in so deep that you will pledge all your bets on a horse that has not even left the stable let alone made it's way to the race track.

Dolly I await your pleasure, you little minx you. Lotsa Love


Microscopial

well I got caught out by the pusherman(daren ager) and his assistant (tibs)and bought a populated 9u case, which was fun and then I started reading up about other modules , so decided I needed a 12u case( matthews in the end) and then decided to start my own little business producing cases for you guys, and Im now just about to make myself a 15u 128hp wide case ooops damn you eurocrack and your plentiful toys of fun and frolics


damn you I say Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana


John Noble

[img][/img]
Microscopial wrote:
well I got caught out by the pusherman(daren ager) and his assistant (tibs)and bought a populated 9u case, which was fun and then I started reading up about other modules , so decided I needed a 12u case( matthews in the end) and then decided to start my own little business producing cases for you guys, and Im now just about to make myself a 15u 128hp wide case ooops damn you eurocrack and your plentiful toys of fun and frolics


damn you I say Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana


It starts innocently enough with a couple of modules and a product with the darkly comedic name of "Happy Ending". Then you just need another VCO/Filter/Mixer/etc. and you'll be "done."

That's just denial, of course, and all your friends start to whisper among themselves about interventions as you blithely claim you can "stop whenever I want." But you're only fooling yourself.

Before long you're turning tricks to support your habit (building Eurocrack switch modules, fancy hardwood cases, etc.) and becoming a supplier to more innocents. Friends and family, if you still have any that don't also wiggle (or enablers like my wife), have long given up on you having a "normal" life. You've long since stopped caring: you're so far down the rabbit hole that you listen for subtle differences between different modules' white noise outputs.

(I built and shipped 3 switch modules today, pray for me. Nutter! )


stepwriterun

About 2 years ago I started out just wanting to buy a few modules to complement my future retro XS and now I have 11u of eurocrack and the XS is relegated to second fiddle status. That's my story.


noise brigade

I've started lying to my girlfriend..When she ask me how much a module cost I just knock a nought of. Except when she buys one for me as a present.
By the way I've got a two format habbit which could easy become three.
Dont have money for crack now


synaptech

John Noble wrote:
It starts innocently enough with a couple of modules and a product with the darkly comedic name of "Happy Ending". Then you just need another VCO/Filter/Mixer/etc. and you'll be "done."

This hits too close to home. very frustrating

After discovering the HEK at NAMM this year I thought to myself "oh this isn't anywhere near as expensive as I'd thought!", and took the plunge. 6u and a couple thousand later I'm sitting here with an 1/8" jack hanging out of my vein. screaming goo yo MY ASS IS BLEEDING


SunSpots

John Noble wrote:
[img][/img]
Microscopial wrote:
well I got caught out by the pusherman(daren ager) and his assistant (tibs)and bought a populated 9u case, which was fun and then I started reading up about other modules , so decided I needed a 12u case( matthews in the end) and then decided to start my own little business producing cases for you guys, and Im now just about to make myself a 15u 128hp wide case ooops damn you eurocrack and your plentiful toys of fun and frolics


damn you I say Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana


It starts innocently enough with a couple of modules and a product with the darkly comedic name of "Happy Ending". Then you just need another VCO/Filter/Mixer/etc. and you'll be "done."

That's just denial, of course, and all your friends start to whisper among themselves about interventions as you blithely claim you can "stop whenever I want." But you're only fooling yourself.

Before long you're turning tricks to support your habit (building Eurocrack switch modules, fancy hardwood cases, etc.) and becoming a supplier to more innocents. Friends and family, if you still have any that don't also wiggle (or enablers like my wife), have long given up on you having a "normal" life. You've long since stopped caring: you're so far down the rabbit hole that you listen for subtle differences between different modules' white noise outputs.

(I built and shipped 3 switch modules today, pray for me. Nutter! )


I bought one of those... and will probably buy at least one more! Pray for ME - I got nothing to sell or make to support my habit. It all comes straight from my kids mouth (just kididng of course).

I enjoy the whole "addiction". It's WAY better than spending money partying and doing some shit street drugs - or whatever the kids are doing now-a-days at dem Skrillex raves. Damn ravers. At the end of a drug binge (addictive or not), you just have exhaustion and poor health. At the end of a modular binge it's beautiful music and the ability to go to sleep (unless you're rack planning, then you can't get to sleep as easily)... Rack planning is the difficult part. Once you get your basic core system in your hands, then it's a fun habit to have. Granted... you gotta give yourself a huge budget for the year, each year...


ringstone

SunSpots wrote:
At the end of a modular binge it's beautiful music


What? There must be something bloody wrong with mine...

Cheers
Blair

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group