MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Analogue Solutions Telemark-K semi-modular SEM keyboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Analogue Solutions Telemark-K semi-modular SEM keyboard
darkriver
What does everyone think?

What do you think of the price?

What do you think of the functionality and versatility as a stand-alone semi-modular keyboard synth?

What I mean is do you think the patching options and possibilities can get fun and interesting by using the unit as a stand-alone synth and not hooked up to other external modular gear?

I think it looks pretty great but I'm not sure about the price though.

Link: http://www.analoguesolutions.org.uk/concussor/telemark-k.htm

slovo
seems genius to me. might not be so cost efficient for some of us (though it seems competitive to me), but I bet there's a whole raft of less technical musicians who would love an all in one "proper analogue" solution like this.
revtor
3 or 6 u of euro above that would be a blast!
chamomileshark
The price looks good. Bit hard to judge the quality of the sound - but it sounds ok. I don't know how much it sounds like a SEM but I'd judge it on it's own merits.

Actually it's a bit unfortunate the SEMs are now available because comparisons are always a bit pointless.
Sir Ruff
That actually looks pretty awesome, and the price seems reasonably given what the normal telemark goes for - a new TO SEM with keyboard certainly would be no less.
I don't think it sounds much like a SEM, but supposedly sounds good regardless. I would think it makes more sense to compare it to an MS-20 actually.

I kind of want one... lol
Kaput
I actually really like the sound of the original Telemark. However, it's not without it's quirks - the S/H doesn't seem very 'strong' on my unit and there is some bleed in the VCA. Still, it's very useful as part of a Euro setup.

Having said that; I wouldn't buy from ASol again.
matttech
the first time i got the Telemark out of its shoddy box and broken bits of polystyrene i thought "what the f***?"

not cheap to buy, but the build quality.......panels not meeting each other properly, and when you tapped on the side of it it sounded like an empty oil canister. i was embarrassed to put it out in our studio, to be honest

the oberheim's build quality is LEAGUES ahead
darkriver
@sandyb,

re: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54635

what is wrong with posting an updated version of a post in a different section where other users that prob didn't see the original post might see the new one and comment to make a more interesting topic and thread?

Analogue Solutions do make euro-rack don't they?

so what is the problem?

and whats up with all these annoying rules?

seriously. its just a forum.

seems like you really do like fighting and arguing...

anyone else ever get annoyed with these little rules? geez. what a hassle just to use this thing.
Kaput
ASol make Euro stuff, but the Telemark isn't Euro.
matttech
i guess it stops it all getting really messy, with too much cross-over between forums.
recoveryeffects
I absolutely love the Telemark. The build on mine is rock solid. Super versatile, and sounds freaking killer. Really great for percussive sounds.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1