MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Vintage DIY- SSM sure made it easy!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Vintage DIY- SSM sure made it easy!
thetwlo
3-VC0 (ssm2030) 3-ENVs(ssm2050) 1-multi VCF(SSM2040) 1 stereo VCA (ssm2020) + S&H pink/white/and blue noise +slew.
Very few parts!
thetwlo
front
thetwlo
higher res? weird, it's only allowing smaller pics now. 1024x1024 max?

would be nice if it just showed a small preview and clicked on for the large version. ?? maybe I'm doing something wrong?
mono-poly
Looks a bit like the emu modular!

w00t
neandrewthal
Wowee Zowee! That`s sick SlayerBadger!
3vcos
Actually, E-MU had a lot to do with the development of SSM chips.

Also, EMU made an 'evaluation' board with the very same compliment of chips. I'll bet that's what this is...
3vcos
Also, I'll bet that little box sounds amazing...

mp3s????

hyper
Malekko
that thing looks sweeeeet!
I have about 50 SSM2030's i was thinking about turning them into a small run of Euro VCOs

w00t
Roycie Roller
Nice work!
thetwlo
well, I got it with this:
thetwlo
oops, I meant this:
thetwlo
this is what it sounds like:
http://www.last.fm/music/Atlatl/all+you+fuckers+without+radar
http://virb.com/atlatl
thetwlo
do it Josh! I love the 2030!
thetwlo
detail?
JohnLRice
thetwlo wrote:
well, I got it with this:

That cat kicks ass! SlayerBadger!
dougt
3vcos wrote:
Also, EMU made an 'evaluation' board with the very same compliment of chips. I'll bet that's what this is...

Well I have an SSM eval board but it looks a bit different -

very nice thetwlo,and this sound huge..
thetwlo
thanks... if you want a physical CD email/PM me... that was from 1997-8 right after I received, and the seller wanted to know what it sounded like, and i was a bit new to really modular synths. I think i had a 2600 and ms20 + maybe ms50 at the time. But I fell in love with this crazy beast right away. Those SSM 20x0 chips are amazing! sad they are gone. that eval board is a FULL synth! and mine! essenitally a minimoog typology with very few parts and still sounds as good as about anything!
Too bad that's one thing that that really has become cheaper..at lower volumes with technology, imagine if people could design and have IC's produced as cheaply as PCBs?

I heard the 20x0 chips are very sensitive to ESD so be careful with them.

Mostly I've had a lot of dead ssm2050's-the env..."VCTG" I wonder if that is normal... not that special of a circuit at least.
thetwlo
another cab from the same lot--no SSM some great--also low part count VCFs based on CA3080 cans...and even a CEM 3320, which sounds brutal and great!:
thetwlo
front of that breadboard:
thetwlo wrote:
Mostly I've had a lot of dead ssm2050's-the env..."VCTG" I wonder if that is normal... not that special of a circuit at least.

In the P5 rev 2 service manual its stated that certain batches of ssm's are wrong ,and they write to replace them if u have some of them in your p5.

also they write ,''if they are not yet wrong,they will'' eek!
mono-poly
In the end they'll all be wrong
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1