MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Metasonix D-1000 Owners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Metasonix D-1000 Owners
Gringo Starr
The first time I heard a demo of the D-1000 and saw the price tag attached I wanted to laugh. I couldn't believe the price of it after what I had heard. But the more I listen to demos of the D-1000 the more I absolutely LOVE the sounds this machine can make. And now, because I am starting to love this thing so much, the price doesn't seem as ridiculous. It sounds so unique and inspiring. Metasonix in general is starting to sound very appealing to my ears.

I'm wanting to know how people who own the D-1000 feel about it after the newness of it wears off. Still loving it? Kinda sorta? Feel like you could have spent your money better? Or maybe you'd buy another one if this one broke?
burnn_out!
best. Drummachine. Ever.

had one since they were first released. Still love it to death. Best thing metasonix ever released, imo. Meant to be played and tweeked. Comparing this to jomox or elektron products is worthless. Different animals. Making use of the ins/outs is a must.. Metasonix!
Muff Wiggler
^^^^ this.

My favorite drum machine, and favorite Metasonix. It's a masterpiece.
Gringo Starr
I think I have no choice now. It's just making to much sense to have one. You can read other peoples pro's and con's about gear until your face turns blue. But when you hear something that lights you up thats all that really matters.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
rico loverde
i was in the exact same boat as you until i played with zerosums at a synth meet a year or so ago. shortly after i bought one. i absolutely fucking love this thing now.

highly recommended.
mecanikill
Agreed. Super sick drum machine and running drums through it and add some cv...wicked fucking kool.
target_destroyed
Is there no clock input? woah Just clock out? hmmm..... That looks like a massive oversight on what otherwise could possibly be the most badass analog drum machine evar. Really wanna check one of these out, but it's useless to me if I can't slave it to the rest of my stuff. waah
Cat-A-Tonic
So, the D-1000 uses different tubes than the R54...
but the circuits are quite similar, right?

The R54 can do some great percussion sounds.

How different is the D-1000?
metasonix
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
How different is the D-1000?

it has 3 circuits very similar to the R-54, plus a triode distortion stage (instead of a pentode). So it will sound a bit different.

And "target destroyed" owes us an apology.
target_destroyed
metasonix wrote:

So I missed the clock in then? I realize it has trigger ins for the individual sounds/sections, but it would be nice to be able to clock the sequencer externally.
rico loverde
target_destroyed wrote:
metasonix wrote:

So I missed the clock in then? I realize it has trigger ins for the individual sounds/sections, but it would be nice to be able to clock the sequencer externally.
there is a mod for a clock in but honestly i use it as my master clock so i haven't really needed to do it. your truly missing out on an awesome machine.
target_destroyed
rico loverde wrote:
there is a mod for a clock in but honestly i use it as my master clock so i haven't really needed to do it. your truly missing out on an awesome machine.

Ah, I didn't know about the mod. Using it as a master clock isn't an option for me, too much other shit I need to sync up that's easier to do w/ midi. I know I'm probably missing out, but I don't live anywhere near a dealer where I can check one out in person before I buy. waah It's so tempting though I may have to go for it anyway. nanners

What's the mod consist of? Is it DIY or does the man himself have to do it?
rico loverde
target_destroyed wrote:
rico loverde wrote:

Ah, I didn't know about the mod. Using it as a master clock isn't an option for me, too much other shit I need to sync up that's easier to do w/ midi. I know I'm probably missing out, but I don't live anywhere near a dealer where I can check one out in person before I buy. waah It's so tempting though I may have to go for it anyway. nanners

What's the mod consist of? Is it DIY or does the man himself have to do it?
Heres a thread on it

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50786
target_destroyed
Ah, thanks. Analogue Haven's description of the unit doesn't quite match the description on the Metasonix site regarding the clock behavior.
metasonix
The current production has the clock in/out. The first production run had clock output only.
zvukoprocessor
metasonix wrote:
The current production has the clock in/out. The first production run had clock output only.

that I didn't know! I had a blast playing with one at Schneiders but the lack of clock in... very frustrating I was planing to get r54 for something similar, but I really like that sequencer. I'll have to get one then thumbs up

btw, any chance you'll make that sequencer in euro, like the one in d1000 but with eight rows instead of four? 8x8? you've got the circuit, looks to me like an easy port? Even with a common clock input only, it will make my life This is fun!
nrdvrgr
Best drummachine ever, hell yes.

Too bad I am not using it that much in my music (mostly doing rythmless stuff) anymore.

If I was to rate a single device that has given me the most musical pleasure in my life it must be the D1K. Jamming with it is so much fun.

Might even put a price on it and sell it in the B/S/T. A real shame, but I am selling everything I don´t use. Harsh reality.
Suburban Bather
Its more than a drum machine. You can also use it as a dirty 4 channel mixer or filter bank. I Lotsa Love my D-1000. Sometimes you have to watch the low end though. What sounds great on your monitors can turn out to be overkill when played on a system with subs. Its fucking great MY ASS IS BLEEDING Definitely not a drum machine for the impatient though.
equalpyramid
Suburban Bather wrote:
You can also use it as a dirty 4 channel mixer or filter bank.

Is there an example of this somewhere? I'm very curious to hear/see a demo. That might be enough to go from want to need.
rico loverde
equalpyramid wrote:
Suburban Bather wrote:
You can also use it as a dirty 4 channel mixer or filter bank.

Is there an example of this somewhere? I'm very curious to hear/see a demo. That might be enough to go from want to need.

here are some demos of it being used in different processing ways.

http://soundcloud.com/deadlover/d1000-1
[s]http://soundcloud.com/deadlover/d1000-1[/s]

http://soundcloud.com/deadlover/d1000-vs-euro
[s]http://soundcloud.com/deadlover/d1000-vs-euro[/s]
ThinLazy
Hey Rico, those demos sound really great, thanks for posting them.
I hadnt realized what a versatile instrument the D1000 was
until checking out this thread.
opsysbug
A few weird ones from an older post.

http://soundcloud.com/opsysbug/sets/metasonix-d1000-dirty-girl
equalpyramid
Thanks for the demos. Mr. Green
companyofquail
the d-1000 is one of the best acqisitions i have ever made. the way the oscillators play off one another really makes it feel alive. just using the box standalone with an fx unit you can get a whole lot of shit out of it. the simplicity of the layout mixed with the dynamic range of sounds attainable make it one of the most fun and tweakable synths i have ever owned(believe you me, i have owned well over 100 in the past 10+ years). then outside of that you have expansion options with a modular or external sequencer. you can feed audio into the trigger inputs. it is a beast. right now i am using it with a strymon timeline which is allowing me to loop it and fuck it up. i think i may get some sequencers from stg soundlabs to put in the lid so i can do some more complex stuff. i got rid of something i was not using to get the d1000 and it is one of the best gear decisions i have ever made. if you have anything you have not used recently or something you are on the fence about, sell or trade it for the d1000 would be my suggestion.
Gringo Starr
Does anyone have any demos of the D1000 being used in a more traditional way? Basically I would like to hear it in a song context kick/snare/hi-hat etc.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7