MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

jealous heart and bug modular?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author jealous heart and bug modular?
reignbear
I've been thinking about getting a jealous heart to play with my bugs. my thinking is that it would help fill a few gaps in my system(filter, noise, pre-amp), however, i'm not to sure how the voltages would play together since the jealous heart runs off of 9v.

anyone used these two together?
BugBrand
You could ping Jessica an email to ask how it would handle negative and 10V swings. It could be that they'd be happy, but in general you'd probably need to amp anything from the JH to the Bug and attenuate/offset anything from the Bug to JH. I think you'd also need to add a ground socket to the JH?
parasitk
FWIW I use my Little Boy Blue with my modular all the time and it handles the voltages just fine. Just need to ground them.
reignbear
thanks for the input.

@tombugs-good call, i think i'll shoot her a message right now.

@parasitk-how did you ground them together? did you add the ground jack to the lbb, or by patching them both into something common with the grounded connection like suggested in the JH manual (taking the 1/4" out from both devices into the same mixer) for cross patching the LBB and JH?
also what about the levels? do you find you need a lot of boosting/attenuating?
parasitk
reignbear wrote:
@parasitk-how did you ground them together? did you add the ground jack to the lbb, or by patching them both into something common with the grounded connection like suggested in the JH manual (taking the 1/4" out from both devices into the same mixer) for cross patching the LBB and JH?
also what about the levels? do you find you need a lot of boosting/attenuating?

Well it roughly runs at 4.5v peak to peak, which is fine for Modcan which is in a similar range. For a modular running 10v p2p you may need some attenuation or boosting.

As for the grounding, mine is semi-DIY, so I just installed a banana jack connected to the ground wire inside. You could probably hijack the 1/4" jack for a ground connection as well.

Or if you have an audio input module on your modular, you could just plug in the 1/4" output for a volume boost and ground simultaneously.
dan_p
I had a lbb and put a banana jack ground on it. I mostly used it on its own but it worked well enough with the bugs. Great little device. Would love a lbb and jh combo.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1