MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Why Hate Wiring??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Why Hate Wiring??
Reese P. Dubin
It seems there is a large majority of DIY folks that just HATE doing module wiring. What gives? I LOVE it!!!

It also seems that most people are pretty good at making it look real pretty, and I can hardly believe that such nice results come from something unenjoyable.

C'mon admit it, you love it.
ringstone
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
It seems there is a large majority of DIY folks that just HATE doing module wiring. What gives? I LOVE it!!!

It also seems that most people are pretty good at making it look real pretty, and I can hardly believe that such nice results come from something unenjoyable.

C'mon admit it, you love it.

You sir, are a masochist.

The only time I love wiring is when it is all done hihi

Cheers
Blair
Luka
+1

wiring up modules tends to be done at home and alone
id much rather either be jamming or spending time with friends
Reese P. Dubin
LOL

I am not saying I would rather wire modules than have fun, but it seems to get such a bad rap. Great for 3am watching Clockwork Orange for the 111th time.
MechaSeb
I personally LOVE to... solder ! Always found to wiring up modules a pain in the ass seriously, i just don't get it
Sebo
Sodering relax me, wiring makes me nervous!!!
I simply hate it (and I can't get good looking wiring)
Adam-V
I find wiring to be quite therapeutic.

Cheers,
Adam-V
Luka
do you charge by the hour adam? lol
Rod Serling Fan Club
You know when you go on a road trip and the drive there is enjoyable and seems quick and the drive back sucks? The drive there is populating the PCB, the drive back is wiring.
emdot_ambient
My problem with wiring is that my first project...the one I've been working on for over 2 years (not including the preceding 10 years that it sat un-worked on) has 44 pots, 35 switches, 66 jacks, 10 LEDs, and 17 PCBs (5 of them hand built on stripboard).

So wiring......is a bit like doing a 3D puzzle with no picture of how it's supposed to look when you're done.

I can't say I don't like doing it...I just don't like having to do it, then re-do it several times after I've f----d up! hihi
gwaidan
Rod Serling Fan Club wrote:
You know when you go on a road trip and the drive there is enjoyable and seems quick and the drive back sucks? The drive there is populating the PCB, the drive back is wiring.

Second that. In my experience point-to point wiring is where things will get messed up with a project, and is the one part of a build where I feel my life slipping away. PCB-mounted jacks and pots with IDC headers between boards=done and working first time.
limpmeat
I hate wiring. I also hate crimping those little headers.
lightworks
Wiring is the reason why my modular is so small seriously, i just don't get it
one of this days i'll finish all those pcbs, one day...
mome rath
mome rath
mome rath wrote:
mome rath
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:

x50
THATS WHY

waah
rockmanrock
Another reason I'm glad I went bananas, half as many wires! It's peanut butter jelly time!
mome rath
rockmanrock wrote:
Another reason I'm glad I went bananas, half as many wires!

I learned about NO GROUND WIRES and I never looked back

hihi
sduck
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:

Except for that part when you solder the last wire and YOU'RE DONE! That's the pulling into the driveway feeling that's a huge relief.
itijik
sduck wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:

Except for that part when you solder the last wire and YOU'RE DONE! That's the pulling into the driveway feeling that's a huge relief.

Then you power it up eek!
mome rath
itijik wrote:
sduck wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:
mome rath wrote:

Then you power it up eek!

and then it needs "troubleshooting"

especially if it's CGS waah
(PCBs that always work on the first try: Ray Wilson, CLee, JRock, ... hmm waah ...)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4