MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KOMA KOMMANDER update
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author KOMA KOMMANDER update
rechner7
500mA should be no problem. a new 9v psu provides approx 1.5A. still enough for a couple of further pedals. i appreciate that the kommander runs on 9v. this is compared to a power supply via the euro-bus much cheaper and is especially for a small backpack-live-setup of advantage (9V psu is rather standard..). i think that i should make my preorder soon.. This is fun!
subterryanean
This looks insanely useful! I like that it's really simple and stripped down, but being a control freak I'd love to see an expanded version, I really dig on the track/hold and slew ideas.
hank
I can't believe noone has taken the opportunity to use the emoticon! Looks like fun, esp. with the gate outputs.
tektoktiktak
Good news!

Due to the large demand, we are taking pre-orders for the KOMMANDER, to make sure we can serve all who want to have them fast.

Price:
59 EUR incl VAT for EU customers
for international customers

To pre-order, go here:
http://www.koma-elektronik.com/kommander/
z3r01
...aaand pre-ordered! Thanks! thumbs up
bunkdata
Just checking to see if anyone has received their preorders yet. Can't wait for mine! w00t
tektoktiktak
Just a quick update: all work on development is finished, units are ready for production, at this moment we are waiting for the enclosures, but they are due to come in in 12 days... After that assembly will start!

Thanks to all for the pre-orders, we are just as thrilled as you are!

thumbs up
z3r01
Great to hear that! Also, I wanna add, the new website design is nice too! thumbs up
jw112
I Just Pre-Ordered!
bunkdata
Looks like pre-orders are shipping now! w00t SlayerBadger! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Robert Moob

SlayerBadger!
Monobass
This is really cool.. And what a price.
myrnaloy
mine has shipped. very exciting!
nrdvrgr
I am thinking about connecting this to the expression pedal input of my Eventide Space... Must work, right?
osterchrisi
nrdvrgr wrote:
I am thinking about connecting this to the expression pedal input of my Eventide Space... Must work, right?

From what I am able to get out of the Eventide Space User Manual, the Expression Pedal input can accept CVs up to +3V, so basically it should be possible to use the Kommander with the Space if you make sure your trimmer setting for the CV outputs does not exceed +3V - on a radom Kommander that I took from the workbench that is around 10.30 o clock. You can measure that with a multimeter for example. The Gate outputs are always on +8V so you better not use those.

What is not really clear from the Manual is how well the Space will manage to get it's internal +3V on the ring of the expression pedal cable shorted to ground but since it says that the device is able to accept CV inputs ("The Expression Pedal input supports control voltage inputs from 0V to 3V") I guess it's fine.

Maybe an e-mail to the manufacturer would help too. From my side it seems possible. Let me know if it works out!
Monobass
I just snapped and ordered one from Schneiders. I can eat rice this week instead.
artisokka
Ordered one as well. w00t
sundog
Mine arrived today w00t

Kommander + JAG = Hug JAG likes 0-10v so I am scaling up the KK CVs using Maths channels 2&3.

The jacks are very close together...I need to use skinny Doepfer cables if using both CV and gate on the same channel.

But overall I am very impressed especially for
Monobass
sundog wrote:
Mine arrived today w00t

Kommander + JAG = Hug

oooooh
matttech
how is it an XY controller?

it looks from the videos that it merely measures up and down

and how are the gates triggered?
Monobass
I take XY to mean '2 axis' in this case. It looks to me like the gate is simply on when it detects the presence of a hand or obstruction.

I was hoping mine would arrive today from schneiders for the weekend. oh well.
sundog
Yes it measures up and down but with the JAG I've been mapping right hand = x; left hand = y. It really feels like a whole new interface. Family have been left bemused by my excessive 'jazz hands' hihi

Default setting is that gate output goes high as soon as it detects your hand above the respective sensor and stays high until you remove it - the instructions mention trimmers that affect the threshold (distance from sensor).
Monobass
damn it. want a JAG.
sundog
it's not necessarily all up and down though.....just worked out that by sweeping one hand horizontally across the Kommander the CV outputs sequence through:
low, low
low, high
high, high
high, low...and back to..
low, low

..which is one clockwise lap round the JAG screaming goo yo
Robert Moob
sundog wrote:
The jacks are very close together...I need to use skinny Doepfer cables if using both CV and gate on the same channel.

But overall I am very impressed especially for

the jacks had to be that close. otherwise it wouldn't have fit in the enclosure or we would have to build in just one sensor instead of two or leave out the gate completely... but with doepfer cables it works fine!
a trick also is to take the second CV as a gate (just move your hand over the LEDs for a second), if you don't need all four outputs at the same time....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4