MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do you use email notifications for 'watched' threads?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Author Do you use email notifications for 'watched' threads?
Muff Wiggler
if so, one 'cool news' item, and one question.

cool news: Carefully read the next notification email you get: You'll see that I've now added to the email the text of the reply that was made to the thread you are watching!! You don't even have to visit the forum to see what was posted, just read the email SlayerBadger!

question: a few months ago the notifications were flaky, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. I personally never had a problem, but I know some users do.

Also, some users have perpetually FULL email boxes so their notifications bounce-back. So, if you aren't from somewhere in Denmark (cough, cough) and you don't keep a filled email box, AND you use the email notifications, please tell me: Are the notifications coming to you consistently? Or are they flakey?

Thanks
Bricks
great addition!
eyehue
as of earlier today, still not working.

high desert!
felix
Muff Wiggler wrote:
if so, one 'cool news' item, and one question.

cool news: Carefully read the next notification email you get: You'll see that I've now added to the email the text of the reply that was made to the thread you are watching!! You don't even have to visit the forum to see what was posted, just read the email SlayerBadger!

That's awesome! It might actually get me to use the email notification again.

I generally visit the forum several times a week (if not nightly) so the email notification seemed unnecessary, but this is pretty slick.

Thanks Muff!
Moog$FooL$
i think i most often i get them, but i've noticed on a few occasions it wasn't sent..... computers & technology can be that way i find..... leaves me head scratching???

i don't have a stuffed box either.. hihi

not a problem though as i look through the forum sometimes to see if i've missed things.
Muff Wiggler
eyehue wrote:

high desert!

you mean: no email notifications at all to watched threads?

what about PM notifications?

or....do you mean that you DO get the notification, but the link is incorrect (ie. leads to the first post in the thread and not the most recent)

if it is the latter - i will be fixing this in a few days, probably near the end of the week

if the former....hmm. please try un-watching a thread, then re-watch it, and let me know if you still get NO notifications. Please note you are not notified when you reply yourself.

thanks
JohnLRice
I noticed the addition, nice! ;-)

I still usually do not get email notifications (about 95% of the time) when I'm the thread starter, at least until I respond to someone's post in the thread. Otherwise it seems pretty good, as far as I've noticed that is.
Kent
I'd like to take this opportunity to express 2 things:

1) My thanks to Muff for working on the email notifications

2) My shared distaste for certain Danes razz
Muff Wiggler
thanks guys! really appreciate the kind words (very much!) and the feedback on how things are working

i just made one small change to the way outbound emails are sent...

please if you use email notifications, let me know if as of this change, are the coming more often/more consistently, or less consistently, or just about the same?

please note there is about a 5min delay (roughly, could be lots less - they are queued then batched out every 5 mins) before the actual email is sent

thanks
green onion
Thanks for another useful addition!

I do get the notications!
wetterberg
OI!1! OFFENDED DANE in the housE!

hihi
really, my inbox hasn't been filled in months (That's what she said!) and I receive the messages just fine wink

@JohnLRice there's a button in the lower left of the page that reads "Watch this topic for replies" - if you're the thread starter you'll need to click this (or post a response, of course).
a100user
I do now grin
eyehue
Muff Wiggler wrote:
eyehue wrote:

high desert!

you mean: no email notifications at all to watched threads?

what about PM notifications?

or....do you mean that you DO get the notification, but the link is incorrect (ie. leads to the first post in the thread and not the most recent)

if it is the latter - i will be fixing this in a few days, probably near the end of the week

if the former....hmm. please try un-watching a thread, then re-watch it, and let me know if you still get NO notifications. Please note you are not notified when you reply yourself.

thanks

seems to be working OK now, since the new posts. the problem i had over the past year was only receiving an email maybe half the time or less. the few PMs i've gotten always sent an email to me.

thanks!

can you change my avatar to High Desert?
Muff Wiggler
awesome, thanks! that's great news, looks like my changes worked cool

and your avatar name is changed SlayerBadger!
eyehue
Thank you!!!
Henfield
Muff, thanks for the changes, I now get the text of the new post when I receive the email for topics that I am watching. However, when I click on the link to go to the topic, I arrive at page 1 of the topic, not the most recent posts.

Thanks again for this great forum!!

Henfield..................
Muff Wiggler
Henfield wrote:
However, when I click on the link to go to the topic, I arrive at page 1 of the topic, not the most recent posts.

yep, I know about that one - thanks though

I hope to get it fixed later this week

cheers cool
panomega
Hello i'm quite sure not recieving all watched topic
notification emails . Is there anywhere in profile options a list of the watched topics?
thanks
jvt
For quite a while now the "View your watched posts" link on the main forum page returns a blank page (that's blank as on no content at all) Known bug? Or is it just me?
drip.feed
Any chance this feature could be updated to send an email every time a post is made to a subscribed thread, instead of only the first time? Guinness ftw!
Hans-g
nope.
1/7B
My best for you all @ 2017 !

drip.feed wrote:
Any chance this feature could be updated to send an email every time a post is made to a subscribed thread, instead of only the first time? Guinness ftw!

This would be very nice !
Sometimes I quickly read my mails on my phone and forgot or skip to log in to be keept inform on these subscribed threads.
Most of the time i have to read the "last message" to have an update on the topic but the "last message" isn't really bring wood to the fire.
I don't have any clue if it's hard to achieve to be keept infom without to have to log in on every message. Anyway it would be nice.

Peace & love & music to all of you.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Page 1 of 1