MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Piston Honda with Silent Way - calibration tips ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Piston Honda with Silent Way - calibration tips ?
kaoss
I'm trying to calibrate Piston Honda with Silent Way's Voice Controller but am not having much luck achieving any tracking at all on lower octaves.
I'm assuming that's because PH is not capable of outputing a simple waveform? When I set banks to 0-0 (or 1-0, 2-0, 3-0) I'm hearing the third harmonic on top of fundamental.

Any tips on how to calibrate the PH with Silent Way..?

Thank you

~k
justin3am
Keep in mind that the PH does weird stuff if you hit it with negative voltages. I would recommend turning the coarse pitch offset on the PH to about 12o'clock (or you could use the offset parameter in Silent way) and scaling the pitch cv output to like 0.60 on the Outputs page on the voice controller.

I find bank B-0-0 to be the best for calibration.
kaoss
justin3am wrote:
Keep in mind that the PH does weird stuff if you hit it with negative voltages. I would recommend turning the coarse pitch offset on the PH to about 12o'clock (or you could use the offset parameter in Silent way) and scaling the pitch cv output to like 0.60 on the Outputs page on the voice controller.

I find bank B-0-0 to be the best for calibration.

Thanks a lot for the tip!! 8_)

It worked out really well !
sake
At the moment i also have weird calibration issues with my PH.

apertureburn
sake wrote:
At the moment i also have weird calibration issues with my PH.

are you letting the silent way controller monitor the pitch of the honda (instructions for different DAW hosts are in the silent way manual)? if you are, make sure that the levels are not clipping before getting to your DAW, you may need to attenuate.
deastman
Thanks for the tip. I've been having trouble with this as well...
sake
apertureburn wrote:
are you letting the silent way controller monitor the pitch of the honda (instructions for different DAW hosts are in the silent way manual)? if you are, make sure that the levels are not clipping before getting to your DAW, you may need to attenuate.

Yes i do all the steps above.

When i follow justin3am tips by turning PH pitch and scaling pitch CV output on voice controller, it will track only a few notes.
dysonant
I can only get one octave to track out of ES with Piston Honda. For example, I play C3 and it tracks fine all the way to B3 then when I hit C4 it starts over again at C3.

Has anyone had any luck getting the PH MKII to track?
Sinamsis
Dude, thank god someone else posted this. I feel like a total idiot with expert sleepers these days. I am having the same problem. Whatever note I tune the PH (MK2), it tracks fine above C3. Below that value it just plays the same pitch across all notes. My MK1 tracks no problems above and below C3.

I am using an ES-40 with ESX-8CV expanders. I think it's important to mention this, because it does not require calibration like some of the other possible hardware set up options.

I just assumed this was a quirk of the module itself. I've overcome it by just tuning it lower. It tracks well in the octaves above, so I'm ok with that.
resynthesize
I was running into the same issues on the PH mkII. I was able to get tracking across ~5 octaves by doing the following:

- Large pitch knob on PH to about 08:00
- PH Wave/Bank/ROM to A/0/3, which is a clean saw wave
- SW Offset and Pitch left to default values (0 and 1)

It's been a real struggle to get all of this stuff set up and templatized but I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!
pablowdadon
Hi wigglers
i’m posting here because i’m noob and i can’t open a new thread.

I’m having this same problem with Noise Engineering oscillators, does any one have any advice?

I’ve set up everything in the right way on my daw (i hope so) logic pro 9:
-opened voice controller x 3 stereo,
-set everything to 0 on the output matrix except for pitch
-eventually routed the *extra stereo outputs to different channel on my es-3 so that during calibrating that would be only pitch coming out from channel 1
-sidechain audio input on silentway au (simple waveforms)

I’m quite sure that Noise Engineering module does not read any negative voltage on 1v/oct (i know that since i’ve been using untile now bipolar square lfo’s in order to make a two notes sequence, very basic).

Do you think i should scale pitch on silent way?
Turn the pitch encoder all the way to the left?

Ps. This is referred to Loquelic Iteritas, Cursus Iteritas and Sinc Iter
os
What calibration results are you actually getting currently?
pablowdadon
os wrote:
What calibration results are you actually getting currently?

Before writing that post i was struggling with more than 2 octaves, now they tracks 6/7 octaves, wich is absolutely FINE.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1