MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

choices joystick potentiometers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author choices joystick potentiometers
snufkin
Hi guys I have a question

I recently got a 4 pot joystick at a surplus place and was thinking I might be able to build up two barebones choices kits to build a dual parallel joystick module for myself, basically everything twice as I have one more sets of pots moving in the same way

the pots are measuring around 18k on this thing is there any chance components can be swapped out on the bare bones kit as I am aware it's designed for 100k pots

thanks

Chris
snufkin
bump
snufkin
one last try, any input on this ????
Tombola
I have never seen the schematic for the Choices joystick, but I would *imagine* the pots will be set up as voltage dividers.

If so, the change from 100k to 18k shouldn't make any difference to the circuit at all, assuming they're both linear.

Ken Stone's joystick module page has some other suggestions: http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/joystick.html
ersatzplanet
You should be able to use any pot in the voltage creating peer - the choices also processes signals directly and that side of the circuit might be more finicky. The only advantage of using this dual action is if you want to have different ranges on the same axis or inverted action but I would imagine that an inverter or a scaler coddle would be cheaper (or as cheap) than two joystick circuits - and a lot more flexible.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1