MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I Need Some Help Finding a +/- 9V PSU
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author I Need Some Help Finding a +/- 9V PSU
valis
Greetings,

I'm looking for a PSU that I can wire up to run +/-9v. It doesn't have to be big, I'm thinking somewhere between 0.5-1.0 amp. Does anybody have a good resource for finding a cheap PSU? I've looked on Ebay but haven't seen anything, I could be missing something though. Suggestions would be great.

Also, does the PSU have to be "center-tapped" or is any PSU I get going to be "Center-tapped?"

I have a Condor HAA-15 in one of my cabinets so don't fear, I do have some experience wiring PSUs.

Thanks in advance!

-David
pickleinn
valis wrote:
Greetings,

I'm looking for a PSU that I can wire up to run +/-9v. It doesn't have to be big, I'm thinking somewhere between 0.5-1.0 amp. Does anybody have a good resource for finding a cheap PSU? I've looked on Ebay but haven't seen anything, I could be missing something though. Suggestions would be great.

Also, does the PSU have to be "center-tapped" or is any PSU I get going to be "Center-tapped?"

I have a Condor HAA-15 in one of my cabinets so don't fear, I do have some experience wiring PSUs.

Thanks in advance!

-David

i think the musicfromouterspace.com power supply can do it?

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/WALLWARTSUPPLY/WALLWART SUPPLY.php
valis
Thanks for the reply. I've gone back and forth on the MFOS Wall Wart PSU. For what you end up with, it seems pretty expensive. I could build the power source myself using Ray's design but then I'm really no better off than where I started. I've been searching for a PSU from Power One or Condor which is +/-9V but I haven't had any luck locating one. I'm pretty sure they make a +/-9V PSU, right?

Upon further evaluation 1 amp or more would be good. I'm going to be running quite a few modules with it. Thanks for your thoughts!
Luka
what are you powering with this psu?
is it a module or something separate
bubblesound
you can use something like a power one PSU for this. they have trimpots and the +-12V can be adjusted down to +-9V. the thing to look for is to make sure the power supply is bi polar, + and -. i got a little too excited with a big 9amp PSU on ebay a couple of months ago and now i've got a huge 12V, 9amp PSU that is only positive and ground... but it's a great paperweight.

the MFOS is fine, a friend of mine has one and it's surprisingly clean and stable.
valis
Luka wrote:
what are you powering with this psu?
is it a module or something separate

It's a bunch of modules. Some are old Paia 4700 modules others are handmade modules..

bubblesound wrote:
you can use something like a power one PSU for this. they have trimpots and the +-12V can be adjusted down to +-9V.

I was curious as to how low you could get the voltage of a +/-12V supply. Thanks for the advice..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1