MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Volta Recommended Hardware?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author Volta Recommended Hardware?
dougcl
Hi folks, my limited understanding of Volta is that I need three things
1) A computer
2) An A/D-D/A interface
3) A modular

1) Will Windows XP work? In any case, what software do I need or is recommended beyond Volta itself?

2) Are there any recommended devices? Maybe three (quick and dirty, pretty good, and Cadillac). Any recommended DIY kits?

3) Not too worried about this because I am running a euro system and compatability has been established.
TWINSTATES
1 no windows, mac only.

2. The new motu ones work, 828 mk 3, mk 2 traveller etc.
Morley
And it doesn't have to be a modular. Any monosynth with a few voltage control inputs will do.
Motu Ultralite interfaces work fine too.
dougcl
Morley wrote:
And it doesn't have to be a modular. Any monosynth with a few voltage control inputs will do.

Right. Funny in that this thing seems to elevate cv to the next generation of interface standards. Meanwhile the poor Oberheim just got MIDI.

(BTW your 2500 vid got me into modulars).
Morley
dougcl wrote:
Morley wrote:

Right. Funny in that this thing seems to elevate cv to the next generation of interface standards. Meanwhile the poor Oberheim just got MIDI.

(BTW your 2500 vid got me into modulars).

Thx for watching it! Of course Volta really helps integrate modulars in a computer system and I am really looking forwards to using Volta with my Polyfusion. I am happy enough to leave the 2500 to being controlled by it's own sequencer tbh.
The Oberheim, even with Midi, looks great though!
stretta
Quote:
1) Will Windows XP work? In any case, what software do I need or is recommended beyond Volta itself?

Volta is a plug-in, so you'll need a host for Volta (DP, Live, Logic)
1nput0utput
Check this out too:
http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technotes/what-are-the-system-requirem ents-for-volta
stretta
I have a saved twitter search for MOU things. Beatmakers regularly finds deals on used MOTU hardware.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/1208555876.html
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1