MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Synapse "The Electronic Music Magazine" archive
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Synapse "The Electronic Music Magazine" archive
Floyd Pepper
w00t

Synapse Magazine
numan7
SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo w00t how awesome! i think i remember reading some of these articles in the music store where i took piano lessons back when i was a kid.

cheers
Why Adapter
I subscribed to this. It was very cool. Lots of how-to articles and artist profiles (first I ever heard of Devo was there).

And then, they stopped arriving in my mailbox cry . I still miss it.
ersatzplanet
I have almost all of these in physical form. Lots of great schematics with lots of hard to find now parts (unfortunately). A true Electronic musician magazine - all synthesizers, all the time.
essex sound lab
I have them in storage somewhere. MAN this brings back memories.

That Fripp issue, in particular, was huge for me.
timcoster
I love these ... the Steve Hillage interview is pretty entertaining!
Dogue
Does anyone have the first two issues scanned?
megaohm
Do any of you have issues that are not posted there yet?
I would love to see them if you do...
...and have the time to scan them in!

w00t
kindredlost
I don't pretend to speak for other musicians of the era but it was one of the most influential rags out and still retains it's importance to the history of EM during the digital transition days. I slobbered over every issue as they came in the mail. Beat the dust off of Cream or Rolling Stone which were moldy by then.
shady smiles
Dogue wrote:

Yes please! Anyone? help
antennafarm
gold.
shady smiles wrote:
Dogue wrote:

Yes please! Anyone? help

I've got the first two if anyone wants to scan em in the MA area. I was lucky enough to pick up the entire set off ebay the other week, all 14 iterations hyper
Opus110
Quote:
Buy a 2 voice Synthacon and we will send you a Sequencer 151 (528$ list value) FREE! Offer expires Christmas Day 1976.

Dang! Just missed it...
notmiserlouagain
Quote:
Synapse: What do you think of the new music, that´s coming out that´s called New Wave, or punk music?

Zappa: I think, it´s just a way for people, who can´t play to earn a living.

Synapse: Would you rather, that they be working on cars or---

Zappa: No, because considering the way they play, I wouldn´t want them working on my car;...

Frying Pan Bash!
odecahedron
the fripp issue only links to the zappa issue content :(
Fastus
Wow! Thanks for this - some great material - Eno, Fripp, Allen Strange - these were formative years for me. Fripp's "Exposure" I got at the now defunct Sounds, on St Marks, in NYC for $1.25 - best buck twenty five I ever spent! Played that thing to death.
Dcramer
Wow, takes me back, it's wild to think of how things have progressed yet remained relevant. woah
stk
In case you've noticed that some of the TOCs are borked, you'll have to manually adjust the pic=xx parameter in the URL to get to the "missing" pages.
odecahedron
stk wrote:
In case you've noticed that some of the TOCs are borked, you'll have to manually adjust the pic=xx parameter in the URL to get to the "missing" pages.

thanks STK! - legendary - this fripp article is the tits
stk
BTW if anyone prefers PDFs (with the missing pages) shoot me a PM smile
Ras Thavas
Patrick Gleeson's review of LEM's album, forget which issue it's in, but should be printed as a poster for the wall of every modular synth workspace...
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
odecahedron wrote:

That's it... I need a gun and one bullet.
stk
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
odecahedron wrote:

That's it... I need a gun and one bullet.

http://www.cyndustries.com/synapse/synapse.cfm?pc=48&folder=summer79&p ic=24
http://www.cyndustries.com/synapse/synapse.cfm?pc=48&folder=summer79&p ic=25
http://www.cyndustries.com/synapse/synapse.cfm?pc=48&folder=summer79&p ic=26
http://www.cyndustries.com/synapse/synapse.cfm?pc=48&folder=summer79&p ic=27

thumbs up .... or did I misunderstand?

(Guys who pm'd me, I'll sort it when I get home from work.)
Dogue
3001 wrote:
shady smiles wrote:
Dogue wrote:

Yes please! Anyone? help

I've got the first two if anyone wants to scan em in the MA area. I was lucky enough to pick up the entire set off ebay the other week, all 14 iterations hyper

Thanks for the offer. I'm in NY, and somewhat surprisingly none of the area libraries seem to have copies of the first two issues.
jdkee
Anyone manage to scan the first two issues? It would be great to read those.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2